User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I saw a stack of $15 ammo cans.

Their was a guy selling 50 cal cans at the Ft Worth show last week for $8.00 ea. That was on Sunday after lunch, had about 40 or so.

It seems the general public has gotten over their initial panic or ran out of money and sales are slowing on most stuff.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just don't know anyone who will waste the time, money, or effort to go to a gun show to thumb their nose at an overpriced dealer. That's a man with no life!

I have no life then.  Last half dozen shows I've gone to, I've walked out grinning knowing how much money I just saved not buying a thing, and waiting for the chaos to slow.  6920's were over $2k a few months ago, now it appears they are back to the $1,200 range.  Having no life, can be a real money saver.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to see some prices coming back down.  Saw a RRA complete M4 rifle for $849 at one dealer's table.  Saw glock mags for $25, and bought some new pmags for $14.95
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Went by this A.M.,never saw it this slow.Saw $8.00 worth of titties, at one table.
Nice little latina with a table full of ammo.Never did see her prices but,.................
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Went by this A.M.,never saw it this slow.Saw $8.00 worth of titties, at one table.
Nice little latina with a table full of ammo.Never did see her prices but,.................

I told my brother the same thing.  Boobs were there to sell.  Also, lots of out of town vendors giving the Dallas regulars the run for there money on handgun prices.

Prices are definitely coming back to earth.  The Wal-mart resellers looked lost.  I was kinda pissed that at 10am, 10% of the vendors were still not open.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for everything Robbie!

You guys really helped me out of two binds today!

I'm sure you already know it, but you've got customer loyalty with me. I'm going to be getting another complete lower from you later in the year too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone notice what a PM9 was going for?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#8]
So I managed to piss off a seller...... He wanted $485 for a Ruger LCP, I asked if he would go some where around the $300 dollar range, Bachman  had them at $345, So he goes into these massive rage,

Seller :Your an asshole that gun is worth more than that
Me : No its not, MSRP is $347
Seller :eat my asshole
Me : fuck you

The seller keeps yelling at me as I'm walking away.

Oh and Bachman was actually selling their last LCP to a couple when I got to their table.

Worst gun show ever, sellers where whining about the lack of sales, one even jokingly said "well its corn bread and beans this week"
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I got there at 1:30 today. Went straight over to Robbie's booth and got an RRA one piece scope mount and broke down and got the YHM rear BUIS too. So 10 minutes into the show and I blew $140.

Supposedly the YHM sight will work with the RRA mount on a RRA flattop, but the more I look at it, the mount has got to sit pretty far forward on the top rail to fit and clear the BUIS.

I saw RRA's for $830. Saw a lot of DPMS for $799. I thought I saw some Fiocchi .223 at a pretty good price, but since I spent most of my money already, I just kept walking. A lot of BS prices on ammo still. At around 2pm there were people packing up to go home. About 2:30, I found one guy actually sleeping at his table. As I passed he did the startled head bob thing. Kinda funny.

I saw three guys decked out in full camo. I guess they were trying to sell stuff, kinda weird I guess, but it's a gun show with militaria, big deal.

Yeah the titties were out for sales. No 10's or 9's, maybe some nice 7's. I saw better at the show at Big Town last year.

I stopped to look for a pocket holster at one of those booths with all the nylon crap, got a really hard sell from the folks at that booth. Really hard up for sales, but they didn't have anything I actually wanted.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn't make it down there today due to some family issues.

On a serious note have shows in the D/FW market reached the saturation point? Seems like there is one somewhere every weekend. Have folks bought what they need or they in a position where they can no longer afford anything?  I need more ammo and a small 9mm pistol but things are too tight $$$ wise to even consider it right now.  Been to may a show and not bought anything but had a hell of a good time while I was there.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#11]
They are one of the organized military style airsoft "units" in Dallas.  They were out primarily for recruiting to get more people into the airsoft scene.  

They were geeking pretty hard on the zombie targets and are going to do a tie in with us for a big event they organize around Halloween at one of the big haunted houses.  

Our sales sucked ass until the last 2 and half hours or so.  A lot of the issue we had was our placement in the back corner of the second room a lot of people were making the turn on the aisle and never looking back our direction.  On the brightside, we made a lot promising network connections with the airsoft crew and 2 airsoft dealers with stores in the area that should be contacting us about dealer stuff to start stocking in their stores and several of our buyers were going to be referring others to us.  We'll see how it plays out.  

We also had to adjust a little to the pricing learning curve.  I forgot people don't really care that you're a start up with custom printing and can't sell everything for 50 cents a sheet.

Quoted:

Did anyone see the guy in full digital camo walking around?  Bloused boots, hat, backpack, drop down holsters on each leg, etc.  He had his g/f with him, so I don't know if he was just advertising what he was selling or just came back from an airsoft match.  

It was quite the chuckle.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh and Bachman was actually selling their last LCP to a couple when I got to their table.

Worst gun show ever, sellers where whining about the lack of sales, one even jokingly said "well its corn bread and beans this week"

Yep, its amazing how they jack up prices on shit and don't treat people with a level of decency common to retail, and they bitch when nobody buys anything.

I bought from Bachman today –– their prices were the shows best from what I saw.  I bought a box of 25 rounds of Remington 124gr JHP to split since the girl I'm dating bought a 9mm for home defense.  I paid $35 for that box of ammo but knew I probably couldn't find any around here retail so I paid the price.  I died a little inside.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, its amazing how they jack up prices on shit and don't treat people with a level of decency common to retail, and they bitch when nobody buys anything.

I bought from Bachman today –– their prices were the shows best from what I saw.  I bought a box of 25 rounds of Remington 124gr JHP to split since the girl I'm dating bought a 9mm for home defense.  I paid $35 for that box of ammo but knew I probably couldn't find any around here retail so I paid the price.  I died a little inside.

Backorder a case of Winchester Ranger-T from OMB. They have half off shipping until midnight Monday. It'll run ya about .50 cents a round.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't think it was just the gun show.  The annual Dallas City Arts Festival was this weekend also.  More vendors and artists and more museum participation this year than ever before.  Maybe 2-3,000 people today, maybe 5,000 yesterday.  I guess the economy and the sucky(unusually hot and humid) weather did its part.  Last night, Saturday, it was easy to get a table at the restaurant.

mm
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I almost didn't make it to the gun show because of the art show.

Seriously though,  it's the first really hot weekend of the year. No, not a 100, but with the humidity, it sucks. (a.k.a. the white people are melting!)

And if you had power outages or if you have limbs down in your yard, it's really easy to sit inside the with the AC and drink beer and watch TV.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Went back today to take a look at these guys all dressed up.  It was a group of airsofters.  Pretty funny, especially since they were not kids.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Seriously though,  it's the first really hot weekend of the year. No, not a 100, but with the humidity, it sucks. (a.k.a. the white people are melting!)

And if you had power outages or if you have limbs down in your yard, it's really easy to sit inside the with the AC and drink beer and watch TV.
WTF does that mean?

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i talked to a bunch of dealers today at show closing and most dealers said the show wasn't up to the same par as the past DMH shows.

You mean people weren't buying their overpriced firearms, ammo and jerky?

more like the turnout was lower than expected. Which, due to supply meeting demand, summer slowdown, and a poor economy all contributing to it being slower. Also DFW has had several gun shows recently and will be having more. So there us no necessity to show up.

Personally I don't think people are showing up and then leaving totally empty handed, it's the overall turnout that is lower. If you look there are some good deals to be had. I don't think you can go to such a disorganized event (meaning there is no system In which goods are laid out) and expect the good deals to be all on the same table and be ready for your arrival.

I just don't know anyone who will waste the time, money, or effort to go to a gun show to thumb their nose at an overpriced dealer. That's a man with no life!

I would bet more people go to the show just to look than actually buy. Just watch people as  they leave MH ,most are emprty handed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I reread my post.....I neglected to mention that the attendance was way down from last year.  Maybe 60% of what it was last year...the temperature is about the same as last year, but the humidty is way up.

mm

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF does that mean?

From the movie "Fools Rush In" Matthew Perry's parents arguing with Selma Hayek's parents. Perry's movie dad yells it out at her hispanic parents.

I guess I'm spending too much time at work translating in the heat.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I went today first gunshow in awhile. There were some descent ammo prices if i needed some i would have bought. THere were quite a few sp1 uppers for about 275 which wasnt bad imo. I ended up getting a helwan for a 180 in really nice condition been wanting one for awhile  i had one vendor offer me .22 conversion, 2 mags and fvp for it i declinded though as i havent even shot it. Also got a korean return m1carbine stock for $10 pretty cool show over all imo was a good way to spend a sun afternoon.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We'll be there.

I bought a Doublestar stripped lower and LPK from you guys on sunday.  I bought from the guys with the best pricing, and lo an behold it was a fellow Arfcommer!  Thanks again, and I look forward to doing more business with you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top