Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 5:21:50 PM EDT
Does anyone know where i can purchase 1 or 2 stripped lower recievers and lower parts kits in NJ?I went to Sarco and bought one of their Mega lowers that they advertised in Shotgun news.I paid $135 for it with the Gator Grip grooves on the front of the mag well.I paid more then the ad price because i wasnt a dealer but after driving all the way there i couldnt come away empty handed and if my wife saw me walk in the house with another complete gun she would kill me.
  I have seen some good prices on the internet but by the time it is shipped and pay transfer fees it gets a little pricey.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I once made that trip to Sarcos only to be told I had to pay more than their ad prices because I wasn't an FFL...

I don't know of anyone else here who stocks stripped lowers.  However, you can get Eagle Arms lowers from Quantico Arms in Virginia for I think $85 now.  Not sure what they charge for shipping but it can't be much on that.  As far as transfer fees, they suck...  I pay $40 plus $15 NCICS check at my local place.  Makes the price of one stripped lower about $150 all said and done.  

However, if you order two at once, you will make out better assuming your dealer only charges you one transfer fee and puts them both on one form.  You'd be looking at about $115 each that way.  If you could get three, you'd be even better off.  Heck, get someone to go in with you...
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If you buy three in one transaction you have just bought THREE ASSAULT RIFLES AT ONCE. Yes those alarm bells you hear are the notification to the ATF as to who you are and what the hell do you need THREE ASSAULT RIFLES for? Is this actually fact? I don't know for sure but I heard this in NYS some years ago. (After the ban, before Sept. 11.) As I said I don't know if this is really true, Fed. law or state law, just thought you should know. BTW where do FFL's get off chargeing you $15 for a four minute toll free call (NICS)? Ain't the $40 enough of a rape for them?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you buy three in one transaction you have just bought THREE ASSAULT RIFLES AT ONCE. Yes those alarm bells you hear are the notification to the ATF as to who you are and what the hell do you need THREE ASSAULT RIFLES for? Is this actually fact? I don't know for sure but I heard this in NYS some years ago. (After the ban, before Sept. 11.) As I said I don't know if this is really true, Fed. law or state law, just thought you should know. BTW where do FFL's get off chargeing you $15 for a four minute toll free call (NICS)? Ain't the $40 enough of a rape for them?

I purchased four stripped lowers at once and nobody was kicking my door down.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No record of how many receivers purchased is recorded, other than on the form 4473, which stays with the dealer.  Handguns are a different matter.

New Jersey is a point of contact state, whatever that means.  NICS charges $15 plus Sales Tax to the dealer for the phone call for each transfer.  All three on one phone call = $15.90.

For one receiver, I charge $18.02 transfer fee, plus $15 NICS, plus $1.98 Sales Tax = $35 Total.  For two or more, I charge $10 each additional transfer plus tax.  NICS is still $15 per call.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#5]
PK - Are you an FFL?  If so, I will definitely throw you business whenever I can.  (especially with transfer rates like that for lowers)

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Ditto.  Where are you located?  North, South, Centeral...  

I too have been putting off getting another lower to go with the lower parts kit I have in the closet.  Perhaps we should all get together and do a group by.

Happy New Year

ka
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I would be in on a reciever or two if it wasnt a long ride to met.
 Where are you located PK?Can you order the Mega recievers from Sarco.Maybe we can work some prices?
 The Mega reciever is sweet with the gator grip accents on the mag well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted: Are you an FFL?

Yes

Quoted: Where are you located? North, South, Centeral...

Waterford Works, South Jersey, 08089, Hours by Appointment Only

Quoted: Can you order the Mega recievers from Sarco.

I have never seen them.  Do you have a pic?  What is their price?

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -  

I Charge the following for Strippped Lowers...

Rock River Arms
$110   Forged

Olympic Arms
$86    Cast
$107   Forged
$164   Maxhard

Bushmaster
$202   Forged

DPMS
$113   Cast
$129   Forged
$159   Single Shot
$295   Stainless
$315   Blackened Stainless

Edited to add...
Sarco
$125   Forged

Add $15 NICS + 6% NJ Sales Tax to the above prices.
Sorry, I can't go any lower than this.  Nothing additional charged.
I do not keep any in stock and all lowers must be ordered with a deposit.

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -  

The transfer prices that I quoted are for any firearms not directly bought from me.  These are for firearms that you bought out-of-state (in person, by phone, internet or by auction) and they are shipped to me for the transfer to you.

1 for $35
2 for $45
3 for $55
ETC....

PK90
www.Arms-n-Ammo.com
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#9]
PK.There is a message topic on this website somewhere on the Mega lowers with pictures.I will look for it later but there are tons of replies on it.Nothing but praise on them.
   I just built my first lower with it and it went together in about a half hour with no problems what so ever.
    The guy at Sarco that did the transaction for me said he periodically pulls lower out of shipments and puts them together and said they all come out great.
    If you cant find the topic let me know and i will email you a photo of mine.
    It might be worth looking into how much it would cost you to get them and resell to us.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Pk90,
I don't doubt you but it is strange that the Federal Instant Check System treats each state differently. I guess that's compliance with local laws.
Raptor22,
I know that the Yellow 4473 stays with the dealer but like I said, and it may have been a gunshop rumor, that FFLs were required to report three or more Assault weapon purchases at once. Sort of like if you present $10,000 or more in cash at once. My dad tried to buy a car and ran into that one. Because everyone knows that a retired civil servant senior citizen must be the head of a drug cartel Happy
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Waterford Works, South Jersey, 08089, Hours by Appointment Only

Cool, I'm in Sweetwater/Hammonton area.  Right around the corner

I have never seen them.  Do you have a pic?  What is their price?

Look at the sarco website.  They advertise them in SGN for 85.00.  Look like a great deal

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -  

PK90
www.Arms-n-Ammo.com
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:43:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Lloyd Jr, the background check in Virginia is a State Police function and it is only $2.
I bought 5 Eagle Arms by Armalite receivers form Quantico Arms for $90 each. I got the receivers from Quantico at the Gun Show in Hampton Va. I called Quantico to order and they brought me 5 sequentially numbered receivers to the show. $90 each plus $2 background check(1 time) plus 4 1/2% sales tax and I put it all on my Natl.Rifle Assoc. credit card so the NRA got a 1% bonus(at no cost to me) and walked away happy as hell. I know the receivers are cheaper now and you don't have to buy 5 to get the good price.
Hook the eagle receivers to an Olympic Arms kit and I get a good starter AR-15 to give the sons and grandsons as a Christmas present.I Got together with the sons and built the rifles, but then you have to throw in some mags and a LULA loader.
Call Quantico on their toll free number to see if they are coming to a gun show where you are qualified to buy a rifle. Can't a rifle be purchased at a adjoining state? Ask them, they'll know.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#13]
PK90, great prices! I don't even want to say what my dealer charges for transfers.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Some states act as the point of contact (POC) for NICS checks for all transfers.  In some cases handgun and AW (MD) checks go through the NICS system in these states.  

www.atf.gov/firearms/bradylaw/poc_chart.htm

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's Sarco's SGN ad: www.sarcoinc.com/12-20-03pg­_9-15.pdf

Page 5 shows the "MEGA" deals.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Reloader-Bob,
I just recently had a rifle transfered from Va. to N.Y. I used to have a guy who would do it for $25 but not anymore. This time I had a retail store FFL do it. It cost $35 (sign said "$35 or 10% of value") and they clearly would rather sell you a gun than transfer one for you. I got the $35 quote first as the gun was worth more than $350, I told them it was a Rem.700 bolt gun. No charge for phone call which takes less time than filling out the form does. The guy I bought it from had to take it to his FFL to transfer it here. My FFL wouldn't accept it straight from an individual.
It just never occured to me it wasn't the same in all states for long guns.
P.S. Interesting bio, those Reagan years must have been flushhatLloyd
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the link Jetlag.

Question for those interested in the Sarco Lowers:
I was reading the ordering info on Sarco, Inc., it appears that the $89.95 is the dealer cost? Correct? Will they accept payment from a nonlicensee and transfer in state?

If so, I will do the transfers for the stated prices, provided that you pay Sarco directly and they ship them to me. I am not certain they will do this, but you can ask. Your cost = $89.95 Lower + $15 S&H + $6.30 Sales Tax + $18.02 Transfer + $15 NICS + $1.98 Sales Tax = $146.25 Total Cost.

If they won't accept payment from you and I have to purchase them, your cost will be $125 + $15 NICS + $8.40 Sales Tax = $148.40 Total Cost with a $50 deposit prior to ordering.

If interested, shoot me an email using this form:
www.arms-n-ammo.com/inquire.html
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Lloyd Jr. We had more fun in the late 60's when we had a 1000 ship navy. I didn't think anyone read those Bio's.
The oldest son came by the house tonight and we built the AR for him and I gave him my last LULA Loader. He served an inside Machinist Apprenticeship at the same shipyard I worked at, so the assembly was no big deal for him, just his first.He left his two sons at their uncle's house,about 50 miles west of here, so they'll be hunting and shooting all weekend. I gave them a Russian SKS each for Christmas, but they won't be shooting them around there until hunting season(deer) goes out next week. Life is good!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:47:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know about you guys but if you're at least somewhat local to PK90, then I think a mere ~$2 difference in price and the gas to drive to his facility are well worth it, just to support a "local" gun business *and* a AR15.com member as well...  And, No he didn't pay me to say that :-), just my thought on the matter...

PK90, Once I get some better cash flow (i.e. recover from the holidays...), I may be in touch for purchases and/or transfers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered four AK receivers from Ohio Ordnance. Price was $59.99 each. My dealer charged me $20.00 for the transfer plus $15.00 for the NIC's check. That's a total of $35.00 for the entire transfer. I have found no one cheaper in this state. His name is Vinny Pugliese and he is in Freehold. He works out of his house and is a stand up guy who is very easy to deal with. I sent him a blank postal money order for the receivers and an extra $10.00 to cover the UPS charges. He filled it in and sent his FFL along with payment overnight with NO charge to me. Called me the day he received them and we did the transfer. I'll be doing a lot more business with him in the near future. He said I could order anything I wanted from the Shotguns News or any other dealer I came across.( As long as it's NJ legal )He will sent his FFL to whoever you want of he'll handle the whole thing like he did for me. Any long gun would be $20.00 and any pistol would be $25.00. He can be reached via email [email protected]. Tell him I sent you, Tom from Forked River. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Geez, my dealer only charges me $15.00 for the tranfer.  $30.00 and I'm out the door.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top