Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:14:38 PM EDT
Gents,

Howdy. I grew up in Union County, and I heard through the grapevine that a guy I went to school with may have been involved in a fatal crash during a police pursuit on I-485. I've searched google, and the Charlotte Observer archives to no avail. If I tossed out what little info I have, maybe some of y'all may know something?

Thanks in advance!

*Ryan McMahan/McMahon/MacMahan/MacMahon, roughly 28 y/o

*Possible police pursuit on I-485 in a mustang, ending in a fatal accident, killing an innocent person.

*Would have happened within the last 5 years.

That's really all I've got... let me know if you know anything!

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
There have been a few like that in Mint Hill in the last few years.  Charlotte has tough restrictions on pursuing fleeing motorist, so I would bet it happened in a suburb of Charlotte.

Peter3
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I havent heard of anything like that
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in 04' I was almost involved in a chase where I believe the FBI, Highway patrol, and 1/2 the CharMeck police were chasing this guy. I was driving down N.Tyron and a red car zips by me I look in the rear view mirror and there is a sea of blue lights.

In the end if I remember several accidents were caused by the citywide case, however I do not remember anyone dying.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Back in 04' I was almost involved in a chase where I believe the FBI, Highway patrol, and 1/2 the CharMeck police were chasing this guy. I was driving down N.Tyron and a red car zips by me I look in the rear view mirror and there is a sea of blue lights.

In the end if I remember several accidents were caused by the citywide case, however I do not remember anyone dying.

I remember that night. There were so many CMPD guys written up because of that chase it wasnt funny.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:41:16 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, there may be a statewide listing of all obits, but I can't remember the sites name.  Good luck in finding out.

-Althor
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I remember that night. There were so many CMPD guys written up because of that chase it wasnt funny.

The guy all but hit me, I'd say no more than 5 police + somebody in a Yukon also almost hit me. I will say any impact with what I was driving at the time would not have made them happy. I was driving a fully metal 86' Buick Regal. Things were built like a tank.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Yukon was the FBI if I remember correctly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top