Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 11:55:47 AM EDT
Forget Wade's... I called Adventure Sports and they wanted MSRP for a Bushy lower also ($260 for complete lower minus stock).  Is anybody going to be able to beat that price?  I don't want to save money by getting a worse quality piece either but if there is something else as good that I can get locally for a good price let me know.  Thanks guys.

ETA: Closest to Seattle Eastside area is best
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, go to the funshow and buy a Mega from Iblis for 89 or so bucks.

See this thread..... with 57,005 hits!!!!

Great lowers, great guy, great price.

As to go from the eastside to Adventure, you may as well go to Puyallup and get a brand new one (or 4).

ETA: That 89 is shipped, so I *think* the funshow price is a few bucks off. Email him to see actual price.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not get a stripped lower from Mega Machine in the Olympia area.  By a parts kit from Brownells and your good to go.  I got my lower from Ameetec Arms in AZ $94.00 shipped, $20.00 for the transfer, $69 for the parts kit shipped, and $5.99 for the roll pin punches from Sears.  I got the reciever assembly instructions from the forums here, and about an hour later I was done.  All told I'm out $189.00 and I learned how to put it together myself.  BTW this was my first AR-15 Reciever that I built.

Just an Idea.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought two Rock River Arms lowers (complete) for $250 each at Discount Guns.  They've been a regular at the WAC shows for years and just opened a shop in Totem Lake.  They're awesome to work with and were willing to get me anything I wanted.

BTW - What was your experience with Wade's?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

As to go from the eastside to Adventure, you may as well go to Puyallup and get a brand new one (or 4).

ETA: That 89 is shipped, so I *think* the funshow price is a few bucks off. Email him to see actual price.

Last show he had Complete and Stripped Bushy's and Oly's....
Stripped Fulton Armory, Socom MFG, and I am sure I missed something....
Shoot him some mail....

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't want to save money by getting a worse quality piece either but if there is something else as good that I can get locally for a good price let me know.

I think if you do a search of the Mega's reputation, you will find they meet the above criteria.

One thread

Another one....

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't want to save money by getting a worse quality piece either but if there is something else as good that I can get locally for a good price let me know.

I think if you do a search of the Mega's reputation, you will find they meet the above criteria.

Can I get a hell yea????!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Puyallup gun show is the way to go. I got my MEGA lower from Iblis and I can say both the lower and Iblis are first rate. Buying face to face will save you the $20 or so transfer fee if were looking to order from out of state. Put that money to good use and buy some ammo.

PS. Next Puyallup fun show is Oct 9, you must be a member to purchase any firearm at the show (lowers included) but if you sign up at the show they will apply your entrance fee to the cost of your membership.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I've seen a lot about the Megas... they have that funky kurling thing on the front of the mag well though!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just bought two Rock River Arms lowers (complete) for $250 each at Discount Guns.  They've been a regular at the WAC shows for years and just opened a shop in Totem Lake.  They're awesome to work with and were willing to get me anything I wanted.

BTW - What was your experience with Wade's?  Just curious.

Haha numerous things... I usually post here when they piss me off.  Price is an issue too.  I was in there recently and asked for price quotes on some Bushmaster stuff... he gives me the Bushmaster catalog and says the prices are all in there.  I ask so, you charge Bushmaster retail price for everything you sell? He says yes.  I think their MSRP prices are a bit inflated.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
East Valley Pawn in Carnation is pretty good.  I ordered a stripped BFI lower from him a couple of years ago.  He charged me the dealer cost plus a $20 transfer fee.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Another vote for Iblis, and that Belial character, he is a good guy as well. Between the two of them, they are able to cover about everything I need.  

Good prices, good service, good people, what more could you ask for?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yeah, I've seen a lot about the Megas... they have that funky kurling thing on the front of the mag well though!  

I think you can order them without it if I remember right ? (that is a rare thing these days)
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Another vote for Iblis, and that Belial character, he is a good guy as well.

Yea but they are kinda, well, weird.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And thats coming from you?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#15]
What about us North Sound types? My local shop (Kesselrings) doesn't have them, and the Monroe show is kinda lacking, if you ask me. Puyallup is ways away for this inquisitive squid to drive. Any love?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What about us North Sound types? My local shop (Kesselrings) doesn't have them, and the Monroe show is kinda lacking, if you ask me. Puyallup is ways away for this inquisitive squid to drive. Any love?

Since you wont drive to Puyallup...

Find a local dealer to do the transfer......

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda??? Have you been drinking again???

Wait....that was dumb question...

Cheers
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Where are you at?
Whidbey?
Everett?

Greenes Gun Shop will do transfers, but he is one of those fucks that will charge you either $25 for a transfer or 10% of the price of the gun if he has them in stock or if he is an "authorized" dealer.

There are a couple of FFL guys in the North Whidbey Sportsmans Club who will do transfers.
The gun counter at Ace Hardware will also do transfers.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:00:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, I was kinda looking to walk into a place that has them "on the shelf", as it were. No big deal, I guess. *shrugs*

I'm headed down to AZ on Thursday for 2 weeks, so I'll look into a transfer at Kesselrings when I get back. I will need to pick some ammo anyway.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Ya gotta go south or to a gun show if you want that.
Avoid Kesselrings, they also do the 10% of retail for transfers.
Ammo is cheaper on line or at the gun show.

Quoted:
Well, I was kinda looking to walk into a place that has them "on the shelf", as it were. No big deal, I guess. *shrugs*

I'm headed down to AZ on Thursday for 2 weeks, so I'll look into a transfer at Kesselrings when I get back. I will need to pick some ammo anyway.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda??? Have you been drinking again???

Wait....that was dumb question...

Cheers

MAN! I just read the "Belial character" part, and couldnt stop laughing!!

he is quite the individual, and I only know him on "bussiness terms!"

-Jason
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ya gotta go south or to a gun show if you want that.
Avoid Kesselrings, they also do the 10% of retail for transfers.
Ammo is cheaper on line or at the gun show.

Quoted:

You can always try Cascade Armory in Arlington, always happy to do transfers.
425-268-7961
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top