Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2004 5:25:25 PM EDT
I have a post-ban lower marked MEGA MACHINE SHOP TUMMWATER WA. USA- MODEL M.M.S.

It appears to be forged and seems to function well. Does anyone know anything about them?
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard Mega is one of the three or four shops that make the lower housings for all the companys.
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it's a piece of junk........

you may send it to me for proper disposal.
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
BOth rifles I own I built on Mega recievers. There oneof the best non ABC recievers youll find. I prefer them to ABC and others anyhow..............
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm looking for one myself.  I just don't want to deal with the shipping and FFL thing right now.  I'd rather just stumble on one at a gunshow or something. I hear they are quite good, especially for the price.
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you mean by "ABC"---is that Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt?
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Mega lowers are arguably the best on the market.  They are machined to very tight tolerances and the finish is extremly durable.
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I built this AR with A mega lower...

I'm going to try and get 1 or 2 more at the next gunshow.
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]
A very long thread on MEGA and Stinger can be found here ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=153544
Link Posted: 6/28/2004 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]
how about this, MEGA or Lauer lowers?
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I just had a shock today.

I live in a semi-rural area in Tumwater, WA and there's a big machine shop in a tiny industrial park about 1/4 mile from my house.  Needless to say I've driven past it countless times and I just tune it out with the rest of the scenery.  I found out today that SURPRISE!  They make AR lowers there!

I guess I'll have to check them out now...

Thanks to Shadows for clueing me in!
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Yup, they make Mega upper and lowers there.  I don't think they understand how many they could be selling if they could get their act together and produce on a realistic time line.
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#13]
If you are getting your Mega lower from Clinton, they look real nice.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I've built-up 15 Mega lowers that I bought from Iblis here and they've all worked (And looked) GREAT.

Link Posted: 7/25/2004 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#15]
What about Mega vs. Grizzly?
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you are getting your Mega lower from Clinton, they look real nice.  

I have gotten a couple of them from Clinton, top notch, and without a doubt better looking and feeling than my A,B,C, rifles
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
how about this, MEGA or Lauer lowers?

The Mega lower Im getting at the gunshow today looks better than my Lauer lower, plus it's cheaper

Hey, i just got back from there.

I went there planning on buying a Mega lower too.  So, i signed up to be a member of WAC.  Anyways, I wasnt able to find a striped version of it.  I found 1 complete mega lower, but it was $289 .  For that much, i'll rather get a BM lower.

Anyways, i saw a lot of Olympic striped lowers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#18]
What time were you there?  Did you visit Clintons Carricos table?  I thought he had a bunch...
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What time were you there?  Did you visit Clintons Carricos table?  I thought he had a bunch...

Yeah, what he said, usually, when Clinton's there he's in the first big room closest to the main entrance.

Link Posted: 7/25/2004 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Would you guys take a Mega lower over a RRA lower?
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, but mainly because they are more available to me locally.  RRA makes a decent product, but if I can get something local that is as good, I see no reason to get something different.  When I've held Mega, RRA and Bushie up next to each other, the Mega has looked the cleanest.

All things being equal, RRA will hold a bett resale value if that is something that concerns you.
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Only reason I ask is because I bought both a Mega and a RRA lower, one for me, one for a friend. Was planning on keeping the RRA but, wondering what yall thought.
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Look them both over and see what you think.  Fit and finish aren't always meant as safequeen terms.  A quality lower that isn't filled with flashing is going to assemble, and quite often, run better than a lower receiver filled with flashing.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Would you guys take a Mega lower over a RRA lower?

Drav', as I mentioned, I've built-up 15 of the Mega's/Stingers in the last couple of years on a variety of kits and have never had a problem with any of them. That said though, I would like to get a couple of RRA lowers and built 'em up into all-RRA rifles with a couple of ADCO 14.5/fixed FH M-4's style uppers and the RRA collapsable stock (providing the AWB does sunset) just for the fun of it.

On all 15 of the builds I've done on Mega's the ONLY "Tweaking" I've ever had to do was to slightly polish (With a Dremel buffer) the bolt-catch plunger to get it to move smoothly (Takes all of 30 sec's and could be done with a soft rag and rubbing compound if needed).

I agree with what Stickman said too about resale value.  RRA's are "Hot" right now and known to alot of folks who may not be familiar with Mega.

Anyway, good luck with your project
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I dont know who CC is.  Last month when i went, i saw a bunch of them.  This month, all i saw were Olympics.  I went on Sunday, at around 1pm or so.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#26]
You need to figure out who he is and visit his table.  He has an end table in the largest hall.  There isa reason people here bring his name up all the time, he is a real good guy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You need to figure out who he is and visit his table.  He has an end table in the largest hall.  There isa reason people here bring his name up all the time, he is a real good guy.

I'm pretty sure I saw them last month.  They were right next to that AR Tactical table.  This past sunday, I did not see a single striped mega anywhere.  Either, they packed up and left, or did not show up on sunday.  I walked up and down every aisle to make sure i didnt miss it.  Oh well, there's always next month.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure I saw them last month.  They were right next to that AR Tactical table.  This past sunday, I did not see a single striped mega anywhere.  Either, they packed up and left, or did not show up on sunday.  I walked up and down every aisle to make sure i didnt miss it.  Oh well, there's always next month.

He was there Sunday, I saw him a few times. But before you got there at 1300, a few  arfcommers were at his table helping to insure he ha a light loadout!

Great lowers.

Great Prices.

Great Guy.

Trifecta!!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Yea, I guess he left when I got there.  So the name of his table is,

"Clintons Carricos"?  Will it have a banner up top or something?  He's usually located at the North end of the building correct?

Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#30]
He was there until closing, and he is in the north most building, in the with a table that faces the center on the west side.  He does not have a banner.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top