Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Alaskans: Check in (Page 2 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
CLE built AR and Berger bullets?  Man, you aren't messing around, are you?  That doesn't leave much room for improvement.  I can't even shoot well enough to warrant those...
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]
When I look at the cost of having CLE put a Krieger barrel on for me versus the costs I incurred trying to get a DPMS/Wilson to shoot like one it was a no brainer. I realize the difference between the two may not be an issue in a hunting scenario but it definitely helps my shooting to know the gun is far more capable than I am. Your milage may vary. After reading all the posts about 1/4" groups from out of the box DPMS weapons I wonder if they ever fire the 3rd, 4th or 5th shot becasue the four I have won't do it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]
:)  I was walking downrange to 200 yards with another HP type, who talked about the 1/2 MOA groups he was shooting.  Damn, if I can get near MOA I am happy as a clam.

They were near 1/2 MOA, once he discounted all the "fliers" usually 2 of 5 shots.

More fun times at the Isaac Walton range.
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always wondered how many people confuse group size with draw poker.
Link Posted: 1/5/2004 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By UgashikBob:
I have always wondered how many people confuse group size with draw poker.

Link Posted: 2/11/2004 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey all, I am shaun.  I live up at Eielson AFB.  I work on IR targeting pod's make'n sure those bombs keep hit the targets.  I am 29 and have a wife and kid.  I have a couple of shot guns, a 1911a1 and just ordered a Colt MT6400c M4A3, I cant wait to get that thing...
Link Posted: 2/14/2004 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Brian from Sitka here.  Born and raised there.  Am now 20 years old and currently spending 9 months out of the year in Washington at college.  Right now I'm in the process of selling my preban lower receiver and going to buy a postban Colt MT6400c (and yes, I am insane).

Brian
Link Posted: 2/15/2004 4:05:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By The_Alchemist:
Brian from Sitka here. (and yes, I am insane).

Brian

Welcome Brian.  One of the good things about Alaska is insanity is okay here, and can be of positive benefit.  People can respect that in people here.  I maintain that those who work in my job in a permanent fashion are all freaks and criminals.  Alaskans are all "special" people in my book, normal people need not move here...
Link Posted: 2/15/2004 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Brian:

I'm over in Juneau. Well, currently I'm writing from Seattle. Dealing with a family emergency but I live and work in Juneau.  Next time you're through Juneau on a flight you should let me know.  I know I prefer to take direct flgihts to and from SE but from time to time flights do get stuck elsewhere. Which school are you attending in WA?  I went to WA State for a couple years but didn't care much for school life and even less for the lack of trees and water.  Nothing but rolling hills and wheat fields.

[email protected]

AlaskaShooter
Link Posted: 2/15/2004 3:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Alchemist] [#10]

Originally Posted By AR_Mike: Alaskans are all "special" people in my book, normal people need not move here...

I indeed agree with that.  It's a State that dosen't even require a permit for concealed carry, and where people don't even give it second thought when they see someone walking down the side of the with a rifle slung across their back.

Originally Posted By Alaska_AR-15: Next time you're through Juneau on a flight you should let me know. I know I prefer to take direct flgihts to and from SE but from time to time flights do get stuck elsewhere. Which school are you attending in WA?

I won't be heading back to Sitka until late June since we get out so late here at Western Washington Univ.  And by that time the non-stop flights will be running to Sitka, but stop overs in JNU and/or KTN are common in the non-summer months.

Brian
Link Posted: 2/22/2004 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Dan, in Anchorage. Always resdy to go shooting. Work on the Slope for the most part. Eagle Arms AR, Springfield M1A, and others, but those are my favorites. So far anyway, but always in the market for more guns!
Link Posted: 4/11/2004 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#12]
New to the forums and AR's all together.I just picked up a DPMS low-pro Classic which should be here in a week or so.Thought I would say HI.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey everyone, I am in Fairbanks working at the University, don't have an AR yet but that is next on my list pending funding from the Mrs.  AKMike were you the one I was shooting next to at the borough range yesterday (Sunday the 25 of Apr)?  I was there with my brother shooting AK's and I had a Cetme.  Anyway its nice to see Alaska being represented on the net.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Tom here, from Anchorage. Lived here for 35 years, 40 now married with 3 boys. Didn't even know you guys were here. I'm currently shooting a Bushmaster shorty with an aimpoint.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Alaskagrown:
Hey everyone, I am in Fairbanks working at the University, don't have an AR yet but that is next on my list pending funding from the Mrs.  AKMike were you the one I was shooting next to at the borough range yesterday (Sunday the 25 of Apr)?  I was there with my brother shooting AK's and I had a Cetme.  Anyway its nice to see Alaska being represented on the net.

BUWAHAHA!  Yes, that was me!  Nice to see you around on ARF!  Please check out the AMGA MG shoot thread and the local ARF member shoot thread, would be cool to see you at either shoot.

I couldn't believe it, but the harder kicking AK-47 actually gave me a shoulder bruising!  Of course I was wearing just a shirt but wow, didn't think it kicked me that hard

I went out today.  Met some dude from Scotland, we let him shoot our stuff.  I shot a friends suppressed M3 Grease Gun MG.  I had my new Wilson CQB 1911.  I brought my MP5SD only to discover I didn't have any ammo to shoot in it with me - serious bummer

Won't be there tomorrow, but Wednesday I'll be bringing some old friends and am making sure there are plenty of MG's and other things to shoot, be there in the afternoon if you can make it.  Was nice meeting you and your brother, always fun to swap guns!
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 7:30:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Klondike] [#16]
Brian - from Anchorage.  I'm currently working private security in Iraq but I pop in and out of Anchorage on vacation.

I'm kind of non Alaskan in that I dont hunt or fish or know a darn thing about either h.gif I do as much of the tactical shooting as I can though. I can make an excuse and say I do it for work but truth is I do it because its fun.  I'm a 3 gun guy; AR15, 870 and a Wilson 45.

See you guys on the board!

www.iraqsecuritycompanies.com
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I had an 870 and i loved it,It just sat around most of the time and got rid of it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2004 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I was just up at the range on S. Cushman the otherday, and I saw someone with what looked like a preban 16" AR. If that was any of you, I'm the guy there that was bump firing the 20".
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey -
 My name is Jared and I don't currently live in AK, but I am up there enough to seem like it.  I live in the Seattle area, but my family owns a fishing lodge on Wrangell and I work for a Co. that does mineral exploration  near Kotzebue. I go up to Fairbanks, Anchorage and Nome once every couple of months - I am at Wrangell more frequently.  I am 29 married w/4kids.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Keith in Anc.  Every-one ready for Moose?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:45:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I live in Anchorage.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm new to the board here. My name is Shannon, I live in Eagler River, am married to Josh(Knifemaker02) and have a daughter. And I'm looking at going into the National Guard. (I really want to shoot M16's)
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:09:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARBush] [#23]
oops
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#24]
My name's Ben, I'm in the Air Force, 21 and stationed on Elmendorf. Collection among others
includes Bush 20in ar15 and resontly purchased Ruger P89 and Redhawk. Somebody please enlighten me if I chucked this in the wrong spot. Just resontly registered.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:01:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Burton here. Lived in Anchorage for 1 year and 4 months. got my first AR on Sep. 14th. A bushmaster XM15 E2S (carbine). Installed a perfectly legal colapsable stock 7 days later.
Have been in the Air Force for 4 years and 2 months. Stationed at Elmendorf at the moment. I've worked MH-53J/Ms at Hurlburt Field (Special Ops.) before getting orders up here. So far i love it up here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#26]
yes hello up late grandkids woke me up again ; i live in juneau alaska ,48yo-married 28yrs (same gal)love to hunt fish and hike but lifer job cut that waaay back.and definatly an opinonated alaskan!!/and the largest and freest state in the union!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2004 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#27]
John checking in.  Live in Fairbanks, Retired from the ARMY in 01. 11B5V.  Thought I had had enough of the black rifle after I retired, but I just couldn't get it out of my system, now I have a Colt HBAR and LMT M4.  Life is good.  Went to the S Cushman range last week -6 degrees.  It was a good day, only had to ask one person not to point his muzzle at me.  Into reloading, hunting, and shooting.  Stay warm and stay safe.
Link Posted: 12/3/2004 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#28]
John,

Great to hear from another from Fairbanks.  You, uafgrad, and I should get together sometime and have ourselves a time of it at the range.  I'm usually out of town but I am taking much of the summer off.  I'll bring my NFA toys, plenty of ammo, and the Tannerite!  When I am in town and the weather permits, I am at the range almost everyday.  See ya there!
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Hello,  I'm George and I live in Fairbanks.  I'm a computer technician and a computer gamer.  I'm 34, married, and have no kids.  I'm always up for going shooting, but not at -20.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Well George, there was a machinegun shoot this last weekend but I'm told no one showed up.  It was -25F.  Go figure.  I would have showed up.  If you know me you know I'm not joking...
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm up for shooting pretty much any time, though my schedule usually precludes me from shooting during human hours.  

On a side note...
I am interested in getting a gong 8" or so that will stand upto 223 and 308 (22325-100 yds and 308 200+)  Anyone know where I can find such a beast?
Thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 12/25/2004 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Hello Alaskan's!
Man I envy all of you living the good life up there-it has always been my dream to live in Alaska-I am 47 with a varied background-right now I spend half of my time working for Uncle Sam in the GWOT and I am fixin' to deploy again in January-my civilian occupation is related to earth science/water management/groundwater modeling-what are the employment opportunities like up there?  Any chance of buying property in 40-80 acre parcels?  I would love to be able to correspond with a few of you guys-one day I am going to move my family out of Florida and have considered Alaska as an option-I may have to wait to until the retirement checks start rolling in though-
Regards from chilly Florida (36 degrees-rainy and wind)
Mike
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#33]
God! I can't believe I've never posted in this thread.  My name is Greg, live in Anchorage, and I am a lifelong Alaskan. Well off and on for the past 32 years of my life, mostly on. Building up my collection again after getting rid of it all to go to flight school.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 11:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TSH77769] [#34]
asdf
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Howdy,

My name is Bill. I live in Fairbanks and I'm an.....whoops wrong forum

I have lived in Fairbanks for 7 years now. Before that I taught fire fighting at the Texas A&M fire school. I really enjoy firearms of all kinds, especially the nassy lookin black ones.
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Mike, now in kenai (for the winter), formerly from Seward, Raised in AngerRage.  31, married , 1.5 kidz, laid off from the railroad, hoping to go back as a signalman soon.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#37]
yekimak,

Did you work for the Ak RR? If so, do you know Jim Seeburger? He is a friend of mine. Very good guy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I have heard the name a million times, but I have yet to meet the guy.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 3:36:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: krsONE] [#39]
Anchorage here! Glad to see some fellow Alaskan folks on ths forum.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#40]
krsONE,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the site.  Check out the shoot that we are going to have next month.  It will be just an informal shoot to get the spring rolling.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Right on! I work on the slope like alot of folks here, but if im in town i will definatly be there. Always good to have a support group for Black Rifle Disease
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn, am I late...been a member for a few months and just now noticed this board

Fellow Alaskan with:

S&W SW99 9mm
Sig 220 .45
Mossberg 500
Couple rifles!

How are you guys doin!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow cant belive I just found this board. Are you guys all getting together soon? If so where? Oh yeah Im in anchorage, 29, active duty air force. Nice to see some fellow alaskans!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By alaskan_coondog:
Wow cant belive I just found this board. Are you guys all getting together soon? If so where? Oh yeah Im in anchorage, 29, active duty air force. Nice to see some fellow alaskans!

What do you do? Im in (just arrived) the 90FS-Dicemen, Capt Taylor-WSO.

I finally get to post in this thread!! 30 YO, Captain, USAF, Weapons System Officer on a F15E Strike Eagle.

Dont have a place to live yet but it should be in Eagle River (Military North). Mainly collect Military "type" weapns and will shortly start my NFA Collection.

and Very Happy to be here
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:33:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TSH77769] [#45]
asdf
Link Posted: 3/26/2005 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Hello Alaska
This is AkBearcat (Larry), checking in to see who is out there.  I have recently returned from an all expense paid vacation to the northern desert of Iraq. It is wonderful to be home.  My wife and I have a Colt AR15A2 that we use to hunt varmints and just have fun with.  Since I have returned we had gotten a Bushmaster BAR10 (308), A3 barrel, A2 stock and 20" barrel.  I have installed a 3x9 scope for now and a Harris bipod.  Hope to replace the trigger group next and start really getting it ready.  Ready for what you say, caribou, black bear, wolves and just having fun.  We live in Palmer, have our own shooting range.  I hope that you all do not hold it against me but I work for the Army National Guard on Ft Richardson.
Good Shooting
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Welcome Larry,

I must be out of the loop as I don't see the stigma of working ANG on Ft. Rich.  However, it seems to me as a member with his own private range, with a little open invitation, and perhaps even accompanied by the incidental BBQ, you could go quite far in alleviating any ill will.
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/27/2005 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#49]
BBQ sounds good but since I was unable to hunt last year, the meat locker is a little on the bare side.  Hope to be able to do some hunting this next season.  The range off the back porch is not much, just some dirt piled up and lots of tires piled up in front of them.  Every once in a while I have to tear it down and rebuild it.
I enjoy the work that I do for the Army Guard and the local areas.  Of course we are going more and more places and for longer periods of time.  This last year in Iraq was a challenge to say the least.  Learned lots and would do it again.
AkBearcat
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Hi, preaty new to this forum. I live out in Eagle River. This website has all
sorts of cool info on it. Some know me from shotgunworld
Page / 9
Tacked Alaskans: Check in (Page 2 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top