Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2008 7:59:13 PM EDT
Hi,

Long story short, I have 4 ak kits (3 stamped, 1 milled) and little time to build them.  I travel a lot for my job.  I have no experience building aks and am now reluctant to screw up one of my pristine kits on my first build (I bought them cheap, but now they are not so cheap).  

Is there anyplace in Texas where I can get:

A) Fully bent receivers, and/or milled receivers?
B) An FFL 07 to build my kits for me (for a fee of course)? Since I have so many kits, I would like to buy all my receivers at one shot, without having to go through a dealer to transfer them.  

I tried emailing elk river, but I got no response.  

Thanks, guys for your help!  I also wouldn't mind going to a build party, as long as it is close to me (Austin), and I am in town (i.e., not traveling for work).  I would really like to go to one to help out and observe more than anything.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi,

Long story short, I have 4 ak kits (3 stamped, 1 milled) and little time to build them.  I travel a lot for my job.  I have no experience building aks and am now reluctant to screw up one of my pristine kits on my first build (I bought them cheap, but now they are not so cheap).  

Is there anyplace in Texas where I can get:

A) Fully bent receivers, and/or milled receivers?
B) An FFL 07 to build my kits for me (for a fee of course)? Since I have so many kits, I would like to buy all my receivers at one shot, without having to go through a dealer to transfer them.  

I tried emailing elk river, but I got no response.  

Thanks, guys for your help!  I also wouldn't mind going to a build party, as long as it is close to me (Austin), and I am in town (i.e., not traveling for work).  I would really like to go to one to help out and observe more than anything.  

There is a couple of guys who are nuts about building AKs in Dallas but I'm not sure they're members of AF15. Anyhow, if you wanted to, check out AKforum...the only name I can think of ATM is AK nut.

www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Call Elk River and talk to Hector (the Owner).  He is good people, they will do you right, and its worth the drive to Houston.

B
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Call Randy Kline @ 903-589-4500, he is not close to you but you can handle everything through the mail with no problems. SS
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#4]
There has been talk of a Dallas build party sometime soon... no word on it yet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I would call Kline.  His customers are very enthusiastic about him and his work.    I have had tons of dealers in AKs recommend him.  Wise Lite does a good job and they are not too far also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Randy is very good, does alot of FAL work too.

I would be 100% in for a DFW-area AK build party assuming I'd have time to order a few parts for my tantal kit, and I guess for Nodak Spud to get new Tantal receivers in.  Otherwise it might be off to Sledgehammer's place...  But prefer a build party so I can learn more about the construction.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
shoot ak_nut an im on this board
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, thanks for the suggestions, guys!  Keep me updated if there are any AK build parties in centex.  In the meantime, I'll be giving some of these folks a call...  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
Call Randy Kline @ 903-589-4500, he is not close to you but you can handle everything through the mail with no problems. SS

Does he do Saiga work?

What area of Texas?  Im in North Texas and am looking for some work on a Saiga.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]
there was a guy that frequently had a booth at the funshows on north lamar, right when you walked in the door, end of a row.  hard to miss him when you walked in.  he had a lot of AK stuff and I'm pretty sure he did builds too, as I spoke to him about building one time.
might track him down the 3rd weekend of the month and see if he's still there.
not sure he'll do anything, but might.....be worth an ask, I think.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Randy moved to Jacksonville Texas 75766, I don't know where that is. I  mailed two to him before he moved. One was a build I screwed up and another was a screw build I did that worked okay but I wanted it riveted. Great work both times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top