Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
That does seem strange, I wonder what kind of pistol it was?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, not passing the sniff test for me either...  dad did it!
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah, not passing the sniff test for me either... dad did it!

I don't think I would go that far with the facts known.  I have a 2 1/2 year old girl and she certainly has the strength to discharge all but the heaviest double action trigger.  That said this does seem fishy, hopefully the angle of the shot and powder residue will tell something.  

If it was an accident it is tragic and preventable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, not passing the sniff test for me either... dad did it!

I don't think I would go that far with the facts known....

If it was an accident it is tragic and preventable.
Agree x 2.  I was merely expressing what my suspicious mind was thinking was the most likely (but not the only) explanation...

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
quote]Quoted:
That does seem strange, I wonder what kind of pistol it was? [/quote]

GLOCK 9mm
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
GLOCK 9mm

I doubt my kids could have got their hands around the grip of that thing

when they were that age. I guess he could have used two hands.

Other questions would be: why couldn't he get it out of his hand? Why would

it have been lying where the child could get it. I believe the story could

be used to cover up a murder. He could explain away GSR If he claims

he had his hands near the pistol trying to get it.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
i dont know if its true but one thing i heard was no GSR was found on the baby.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

i dont know if its true but one thing i heard was no GSR was found on the baby.

That would be pretty damning evidence.  If so I hope this guy rots in jail.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#9]
all one has to do is touch the trigger for a glock to go off, well close to touch, but not much effort. I have no doubt a 3 yo could set off a glock
but I too think this stinks; the father strugling to get the pistol out of the kids hands, come on...he could have come up with a better story,
like a bumb made his way in and he strugled with the alkie and the Glock went off. OR the most believable story, I picked up the gun and
it went off by itself . it does stink.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
all one has to do is touch the trigger for a glock to go off, well close to touch, but not much effort. I have no doubt a 3 yo could set off a glock
but I too think this stinks; the father strugling to get the pistol out of the kids hands, come on...he could have come up with a better story,
like a bumb made his way in and he strugled with the alkie and the Glock went off. OR the most believable story, I picked up the gun and

it couldnt have been a glock, it would have killed everyone in the room.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Good shoot?

I could see a 2.5 year old having the strength to pull the trigger especially if daddy is yanking the gun from the boy. Possible too that dad pulled the trigger as he tried to take the gun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
but I too think this stinks; the father struggling to get the pistol out of the kids hands, come on...he could have come up with a better story,
like a bumb made his way in and he struggled with the alkie and the Glock went off. OR the most believable story, I picked up the gun and

it couldn't have been a glock, it would have killed everyone in the room.

I know funny
but as all can figure out, I do not care for the safety on the trigger idea.
In far to many incidents the news is a glock user or a glock was used in a ND or reports of
accidents with firearms and low and behold it is a glock , like when the worn leather holster nudged the trigger or It went off???
or just when they finally get done and mention the gun was a glock. I am for the added safety of a slide safety 1911 style or hammer safety 1911 again.
I had a real scary incident with a XD trigger safety type gun, and I swear I did not touch the trigger and it went off
blowing a hole in the wall and totally fucking my nerves up for a week, not to mention the
bloody mouth from the unexpected recoil and the damn thing hitting me in the face.
I think you can now get an XD with an added safety to go with the handle safety (good idea)
I also know trigger control is the key but shit happens and sometimes it is deadly Do not get upset as this just my opinion and that is all it carrys no weight what so ever and can be ignored at your own peril
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

but I too think this stinks; the father struggling to get the pistol out of the kids hands, come on...he could have come up with a better story,

like a bumb made his way in and he struggled with the alkie and the Glock went off. OR the most believable story, I picked up the gun and

I know funny

In far to many incidents the news is a glock user or a glock was used in a ND or reports of

accidents with firearms and low and behold it is a glock , like when the worn leather holster nudged the trigger or It went off???

or just when they finally get done and mention the gun was a glock. I am for the added safety of a slide safety 1911 style or hammer safety 1911 again.

I had a real scary incident with a XD trigger safety type gun, and I swear I did not touch the trigger and it went off

blowing a hole in the wall and totally fucking my nerves up for a week, not to mention the

bloody mouth from the unexpected recoil and the damn thing hitting me in the face.

I think you can now get an XD with an added safety to go with the handle safety (good idea)

I also know trigger control is the key but shit happens and sometimes it is deadly Do not get upset as this just my opinion and that is all it carrys no weight what so ever and can be ignored at your own peril

You mentioned this before and speak of Glock and then switch to XD. XD has always had

a backstrap safety and striker blocker safety. I believe you are mistaken about

what firearm you had a AD with.

Chanel change back to original programing.

Link Posted: 4/27/2011 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Sniff Sniff Sniff Sniff PPPPPUUUU it smells bad in this one
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 2:28:16 AM EDT
[#15]
oh the glock fear is running rampant!

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

all one has to do is touch the trigger for a glock to go off, well close to touch, but not much effort

Stock they have a 5-7 pound trigger. MORE than a 1911.

but as all can figure out, I do not care for the safety on the trigger idea

Then by all means, please don't own one.

accidents with firearms and low and behold it is a glock

Maybe because there are more Glocks than any other type of handgun????? Sheesh.

I am for the added safety of a slide safety 1911 style or hammer safety 1911 again.

Then carry one and stop the hating.

bloody mouth from the unexpected recoil and the damn thing hitting me in the face

Ah, the truth comes out... You had an ND and you want to blame the weapon, not the user.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
sounds like you were just negligent

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know funny

Let me guess, old school shooter who places finger on trigger, because safety is on?

TrkyHunter, every post about an ND has a post of your dislike of the Glock. We get it. And just to help you out, avoid M&P autos without thumb safety, Sig 220/232/226/etc, Current XD's...... We wouldn't want ya to inadvertently discharging a firearm that doesn't keep stupid from happening.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone heard any confirmation about the lack of GSR on the child?

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#20]
i was trying to find out more, i had either 560 or 610 on in the morning the one day and thats where i heard there was a report of no gsr on the baby... digging a little bit. it seems maybe it stems from a witness.

"Resident Naomi Williams, 49, said she was shocked by the incident and doesn't think a toddler could be responsible.

Williams said officers had the child outside her apartment door on Wednesday night where she saw them check his hands and take a swab from his mouth.

"I was looking at the baby's hands and ain't no way the baby did it," Williams said."

i did not find the story with this linked, it was cut and pasted from someone,

only other news is baby is in familys custody and the father not allowed to visit aunt and great grandmas home.

the father also had a ccw.   the bottom two i can find multiple posts of. maybe somebody else can dig better than i can.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:21:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know funny

Are you going to re-post this nonsense every time the word "Glock" appears in any thread?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top