Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 2:22:53 PM EDT
Finally got to see some ARFC's in the meatworld, what a crew!

In excess of 20 (probably 30 or so) stormed the range by 1000 hrs with enough toys to make Santa proud.

I got to try:
45-70 out of a 16" lever Guide gun
8mm  Mauser
M1A
AR-10
Tricked out Remmington Sniper rifle

I had to turn down several generous offers as my shoulder was complaining.

You guys are great, thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to see another group shoot soon.

ar-wrench
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
There were lots of new faces at the shoot today.  It was very nice meeting all of you.  I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all.  Now about our version of bowling...
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a damn good time, the wife enjoyed it too. Lot to be said for massed firepower!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry i missed it. I had to work today and didn't even know you guys were shooting until i got home tonight.

I am assuming someone slayed a few in my honor after the shoot!

mike
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Trenches were dug with bullets today, I'm serious. I asked about you and P806.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to agree.Had a great time and got to put some faces with these board names. Got to shoot Bookhounds  FAL. Very sweet set up. Also a Marlin Lever action 45.70 Beargun..LOL... An AR 10 ( I think )(.308 )and AR Wrenchs Spanish .308 FR8 ?? Glad to have gotten to meet all of yall and hope to do it again real soon.My 8mm Mouser beat the crap out of me.Got to get a butt pad for that thing.Did see some nice rifles.Question for yall was the guy that had his AR15 fall off the table and bounce off the concrete one of our guys?? He was an older fellow on the number one table on the end? Me and one of you guys( sorry terrible with names and a poor memory altogether) was talking and it took a hard smack.I felt for him.My rifles are cleaned and put to bed.WarDawg
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes!  What are great time I had.  I got to put faces with screen names and got to check out what hardware everyone had.  I must say there were some really nice guns on the line.  I got to shoot a Springfield 308 that was just off the hook.  That was real nice.  Bookhounds FAL was just cool to see.  The light weight from Allen was way to cool and I will remember that for a while. (Burned hand on rail)
   We really had a nice turn out.  What more could you ask.  Grub Guns and Girls.  I guess we all joined the redneck bowling league!  Next time I can make it out we must set them up at the 100 yard range.  
   Well I just wanted to say it was good to meet all of you and I had a great time meeting and talking to most of you.  Im sure after Reject sees the pictures of the girls he will be locked in his room watching Spanktervisiom!  Sorry Reject you missed a great time!

Thanks All!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#7]
And don't forget my dumb ass busting my face with the scope on my Remington 710. Geez, what a good first impression! headbang.gif hoo,
ed

Edited to say:

PS, we should make GA AR-15 bowling league shirts!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Need to do it again soon. I see I am not the only one who had to work today.  I think we should do it again before christmas that way I can come.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Need to do it again soon. I see I am not the only one who had to work today.  I think we should do it again before christmas that way I can come.

There's another one on the 15th.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Trenches were dug with bullets today, I'm serious. I asked about you and P806.

I'll be there on the 15th.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Great shoot.  Lots of guns, lots of fun.  Shot a lot of cool stuff, including WarDawg's sweet M1A.  Got finger pinched by WarDawg's M1A, shoulder hurts because of said M1A.  Now, I gotta go get me one of 'em...

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:36:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Definitely a good time.  The bowling pins were LOTS of fun.

WarDawg, the guy who had his kid knock his Bushy off the table was NOT with our group.  Nice guy though.  I let him shoot my FAL and I talked to him a few minutes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#13]
It was great to finally put some faces to the names on the board for some and others, well......nuf said.  

B-fast time was a hoot and the FAL was kick arse.  Thanks for all the fun. Sorry I had to leave so soon but, have to do that work thing to be able to do my shooting thing.  

Oh and B-slayer.  I'll let ya know what I build. The show in Marietta wasn't all that hot.  1700.00 for a G43 with scope.

What the hell?

Nite all.

buzz.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I was great meeting old and new faces.  Even better trying other rifles!   It's a nice comraderie clan we have.

Another nice thing.  One guy was helping his son to zero his rifle.  I let him use my AR target riflescope as I was shooting pistol and had already finished with it.  They were having a hard time checking the hits.  He gratefully gave me a new box with 50 .40 rounds that my Glock eagerly spilled down the range.

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a great time as well! As some of you saw I brought a long time friend, first time shooter to the range Saturday. He is a 'right of center' liberal and never heard anything good about guns as he grew up except the LIES!!
After a few hours he was breaking a 1" dowel at 50 yards... with an AK!

Too bad we were stuck on the 100yd range, it would have been good to socialize as well as shoot, but mpearex kept us company.

To those who wanted but didn't get any ammo cans, I'll try to make it back down to Alabama soon to pick up more. Maybe this time I'll just load up with 40 or so and just bring them to the shoots, that will be up to the wife and whether she'll allow 40 ammo cans near the house.

Hopefully I can make the Nov. 15th shoot as well and maybe even bring another into the fold.

I'll try to get my pics up tonight, no promises!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top