Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2008 9:25:34 AM EDT
i just placed an order a sp01 tactical the other day and am looking for a holster to go with it

not carrying it, just need something for storage and range use
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#2]
A Galco Yaqui Slide for a 92F will fit the SP01 and I'm having Kirkpatrick Leather make one of these for my SP01.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Blade-Tech makes an IDPA pack  that has one of their belt holsters (w/ paddle attachment) and a dbl. mag holder for $85.

I like it b/c it can be used as either a paddle or belt holster. For OWB I like Kydex more than leather.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
heres my solution.  

custom made by me, for me.

btw.  i wouldnt "store" your guns in any holster.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Blade-Tech makes an IDPA pack  that has one of their belt holsters (w/ paddle attachment) and a dbl. mag holder for $85.

I like it b/c it can be used as either a paddle or belt holster. For OWB I like Kydex more than leather.

+1
Just bought one for myself.  Me likey.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Where did you get it from?

Blade-Tech advises up to 3 week wait for it and I only found one other website that stocked them, which was semi-sketchy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I use Blade-tech too. Have the DOH attachment for USPSA and the Stingray belt loop for IDPA. The Safariland 567/568 holster for a 5" XD also fits really well.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
heres my solution.  

i79.photobucket.com/albums/j153/toysnstuff/CZholster.jpg

any reason why?
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
heres my solution.  

i79.photobucket.com/albums/j153/toysnstuff/CZholster.jpg

any reason why?

leather has a natural acid in it.  If you keep your gun in it too long, you will get some corrosion.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I made my own for the SP01....but Im a professional holster maker! :D

I can make you whatever you want if you want leather.........dont do plastic though.

And actually, the acid in leather is in Chromeric Tanned leather and holsters arent made from that style of tanned leather.  We use Veg. tanned leather and it has no acids in it.

The reason you dont keep guns in holsters for a long amount of time is it doesnt allow the holster to get away from moisture.  Condensation, humidity etc all play a part in it...and it will rust your gun.

However you can keep a gun in the holster for weeks on end, if you wipe it down with oil once in a while..........

Shoot well and god bless............call if you need leather help.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Where did you get it from?

Blade-Tech advises up to 3 week wait for it and I only found one other website that stocked them, which was semi-sketchy.

Directly from Blade Tech.  Took about two weeks.

It's hard to find a CZ holster off-the-shelf.  Took me 8mos to get my Galco M5X holster for my P01 back in the day, as every site that offered it was sold out and backordered.  
Two weeks for the BT SP01 holster seemed lightning fast to me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Just bought one for myself.  Me likey.

i bought the competition package last year. the tension is adjustable and provides a good smooth draw. the mag holders are also adjustable, so they allow you to adjust tension to meet IDPA requirements. i was told 2 weeks but received it within a week and a half.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#13]
www.unholstered.com

has a a coupon right now for 10% off. It's listed right on their welcome page. It essentially gives you free shipping.

So I went ahead and ordered the comp. pack for my SP01.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
i'm trying to find one that'll accept the SP-01 with a surefire x200 attached. eventually i'll want to carry the gun on duty, plain clothes and havent found anything yet. a thumbreak would be necessary as well to meet dept requirements.

any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
www.unholstered.com

has a a coupon right now for 10% off. It's listed right on their welcome page. It essentially gives you free shipping.

Bleh, looks like they automatically add Minnesota's 6.5% sales tax, even for out-of-state purchasers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.unholstered.com

Bleh, looks like they automatically add Minnesota's 6.5% sales tax, even for out-of-state purchasers.

You might want to try that again, as I did NOT get charged for tax. $85.37 for product (same price as EVERYWHERE), $8.73 for UPS Ground (USPS available for cheaper), and $8.54 discount.

My total came to $85.56 delivered.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#17]
The DeSantis Mini-Slide for Glocks will fit the SP-01.  The molding isn't perfect, but it holds the trigger guard area very well and completely covers it.  It holds the gun as securely as my VM2 does my G26.  The Mini-Slide also has a tension screw if you so desire.  The downside is that the better part of the barrel sticks out since it's a slide-style holster.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Ghostholster (Angus Hobdell) has several Blade Tech holster in stock (inluding level 2 holsters or holster for CZSP01 with a Surefire flash light mounted)

Another option would be a Safariland custom fit. I have been using a custom fit for some time and really like it.

For competition the best holster is the Hoeppner & Schumann. I did not like to Ghostholster.

Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top