Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2003 4:25:30 AM EDT
I sold a baby eagle to replace it with either of these two guns - hk usp 40 or sig 226.  which gun should I pursue?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't you mean which one first?

Fondle them both, shoot them if you can. Youu certainly can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
do I go this way or stick with another baby eagle
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you checked out both of the guns and gotten a feel for them in your hand already and just can't decide between the two?

If that's the case, my personal choice is the 226 between the two.

If it's not the case, I definitely echo the advice of sig_230, especially the part of getting a chance to shoot both if possible.
They're both dependable and accurate without doubt, those are assertions.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
My P226 is the best handgun I own, period. I have fired many HK's, but I would never trade my Sig on one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with the P226.  Hicap mags are still readly available.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig P226 was my first pistol and it will never get sold... lousy CCW piece in my opinion, but great for target and/or personal defense where concealment is not a requirement.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I own a USP 40 and absolutly love it. Best gun I have ever owned. That being said I echo the thoughts of those above that said to handle AND shoot both guns before buying one. It is all about how confortable the gun is in your hand and being able to resonably reach the control levers. Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I just can't get use to the mag release.  Pressing down instead of in.

With the right holster the P226 conceals quite well.  Even with a t-shirt.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My P226 is the best handgun I own, period. I have fired many HK's, but I would never trade my Sig on one.

SIG loyalty-- after my own heart. You can shoot next to me at the range any day, even if your brass keeps rolling over behind my feet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#10]
go with the 226 , I have shot several H&K USP and just not liked them a whole lot , personal pref. I have a Sig 239 and if the 226 shoots anything like it , GRAB IT AND RUN, never look back
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
SIG loyalty-- after my own heart. You can shoot next to me at the range any day, even if your brass keeps rolling over behind my feet. hr

LOL. I love my baby. It is a P226 in satin nickel, and I just added the brand new Hogue wraparound grips. They feel VERY nice, and are a tad slimmer than my old Hogue panel grips. I highly recommend them!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top