Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 10/4/2012 10:15:45 AM EDT
I have an old FBI Mod 13-3 that I've been playing with.  I'm entertaining the thoughts of carrying it, but I havent found any grips that I like.  It came with Hogue rubber grips, and I hate them.  I also dislike wood for multiple reasons.  I had been looking for linen micarta grips, and while I was able to find them for J-frames, I wasnt able to find many in the K/L frame size.  The ones I did find were one offs that were way too much.  I emailed VZ to see if they would consider a special run, and according to Mike Carbonell of VZ Grips, there's no need.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:30:58 AM EDT
Sweet!

But I only have N frames. :(
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 12:25:32 PM EDT
too thick if they will be like the J frames but I am curious K& Ns are my faves nut I like service, masgnas or other slim grips the vz are too bootish but I have never held them and should shut upI like the way they look & would order if they were comfortable I just like arhends better those are great grips he does not make J frames I don't think.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:23:21 PM EDT
I sure do hope they make them for a square butt.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:29:45 PM EDT
Quoted:
Sweet!

But I only have N frames. :(

This.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:14:37 AM EDT
Interesting. I have a 66-6 that's currently wearing pachmeyer compac grips that I'm not hugely fond of. I like the look of the VZ grips.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:43:05 AM EDT
Amxiously awaiting...Model 65-3 3".
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 8:15:56 AM EDT
Quoted:
I sure do hope they make them for a square butt.

Word. My 67 needs to get rid of the yellow Ajax.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:50:27 AM EDT
I use Precision Gun Specialties S&W Hideout Grips on all of my 2-1/2" and 3" Smith K-Frames. As long as VZ properly relieves their grips for speed loaders, which very few manufacturers do, I'll absolutely give them a try.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:59:25 AM EDT
Quoted:
I use Precision Gun Specialties S&W Hideout Grips on all of my 2-1/2" and 3" Smith K-Frames. As long as VZ properly relieves their grips for speed loaders, which very few manufacturers do, I'll absolutely give them a try.

How are these with speed loaders?  K frame variant...
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:10:14 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are these with speed loaders?  K frame variant...

They work well with speedloaders. I've used these grips since Karl Sokol built me my first carry gun, a 3" M65' for my 21st birthday, close to 20 years ago. I have them on my two current Sokol K-Frame snubs, and I'm ordering a few more sets for the two 3" Ks I bought last month. They are simple, affordable and just work.

I took a 2 day course with snub revolver expert Michael de Bethencourt and used my Sokol 3" M13 the first day and 2-1/2" M66 the second. Needless to say, there was a lot of reloading with lose rounds, Speedstrips, and the three speedloaders issued to you at the beginning of the course, an HKS, Safariland Comp I or in my case, I used my Comp IIs, and an SL Varient. The PGS grips worked well with all of them.

Top Top