Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2012 10:15:45 AM EDT
I have an old FBI Mod 13-3 that I've been playing with.  I'm entertaining the thoughts of carrying it, but I havent found any grips that I like.  It came with Hogue rubber grips, and I hate them.  I also dislike wood for multiple reasons.  I had been looking for linen micarta grips, and while I was able to find them for J-frames, I wasnt able to find many in the K/L frame size.  The ones I did find were one offs that were way too much.  I emailed VZ to see if they would consider a special run, and according to Mike Carbonell of VZ Grips, there's no need.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!

But I only have N frames. :(
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
too thick if they will be like the J frames but I am curious K& Ns are my faves nut I like service, masgnas or other slim grips the vz are too bootish but I have never held them and should shut upI like the way they look & would order if they were comfortable I just like arhends better those are great grips he does not make J frames I don't think.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I sure do hope they make them for a square butt.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sweet!

But I only have N frames. :(

This.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting. I have a 66-6 that's currently wearing pachmeyer compac grips that I'm not hugely fond of. I like the look of the VZ grips.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Amxiously awaiting...Model 65-3 3".
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I sure do hope they make them for a square butt.

Word. My 67 needs to get rid of the yellow Ajax.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I use Precision Gun Specialties S&W Hideout Grips on all of my 2-1/2" and 3" Smith K-Frames. As long as VZ properly relieves their grips for speed loaders, which very few manufacturers do, I'll absolutely give them a try.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use Precision Gun Specialties S&W Hideout Grips on all of my 2-1/2" and 3" Smith K-Frames. As long as VZ properly relieves their grips for speed loaders, which very few manufacturers do, I'll absolutely give them a try.

How are these with speed loaders?  K frame variant...
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are these with speed loaders?  K frame variant...

They work well with speedloaders. I've used these grips since Karl Sokol built me my first carry gun, a 3" M65' for my 21st birthday, close to 20 years ago. I have them on my two current Sokol K-Frame snubs, and I'm ordering a few more sets for the two 3" Ks I bought last month. They are simple, affordable and just work.

I took a 2 day course with snub revolver expert Michael de Bethencourt and used my Sokol 3" M13 the first day and 2-1/2" M66 the second. Needless to say, there was a lot of reloading with lose rounds, Speedstrips, and the three speedloaders issued to you at the beginning of the course, an HKS, Safariland Comp I or in my case, I used my Comp IIs, and an SL Varient. The PGS grips worked well with all of them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top