Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 11:52:07 PM EDT
I've been looking for a little 44 special to play around with and found this on a table this weekend. actually scored two great deals from the same table. I know it's not a SW or ruger, but I've always wanted one of these for some reason.

Rossi M720

It was mistakenly marked "Cracked Frame" It wasn't and I even pointed it out to the guy selling it..... at the point of sale. still gave it to me for the price...... $150. And yes that's a M14 that i picked up for $450.
Anyone got some good/bad about their experience with the Rossi's?

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the story on the M14?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=273411

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:24:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The M14=
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=273411

Wow! You got an excellent deal on your M14!

Why can't I find deals like that?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Um, that M14 appears to have a selector. If a hole was drilled for one in the receiver(and it appears that it was from the large pic in the other thread), and that part wasn't simply welded on, you're now in possession of an unregistered MG. Now you've advertised that fact. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I love it. The OP asks what you think of his pistol and all anyone else sees is the rifle.

Noxspector, I have not owned any Rossi firearms but I like the looks of that one. Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Um, that M14 appears to have a selector. If a hole was drilled for one in the receiver(and it appears that it was from the large pic in the other thread), and that part wasn't simply welded on, you're now in possession of an unregistered MG. Now you've advertised that fact. Enjoy.

It's never been drilled and the selector is just a fake that someone somewhere added. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say something. It just falls out and is not in anyway held in by anything other than occupying space between the stock and receiver. I frankly don't know why the previous owner had it on there And I'm assuming that since it was sold to me by a cop who purchased it from a police auction that it's ok......   I have plans to refinish it and maybe change the stock. If I do I'll ditch the fake selector.

And yes I will enjoy it...... once I verify head spacing.

Now back to the Rossi.....      I'll let you know how it shoots as soon as I can find some damn 44 special to shoot. It's kinda scarce. I'm anticipating getting some brass so I can reload, but I'm having a hard time finding time to shoot let along reload. I'll give you guys a range report when I do. I also need to get used to the 10 lb trigger as well.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I just traded for a Rossi 38 special snub nose and it seems to shoot okay.  The only bad thing is the cylinder won't swing out enough for speedloaders but Bianchi Speed Strips work just fine.  I would have bought that Rossi for $150, I think you got a good deal.  In this day and age $150 doesn't buy much (I have $160 in the snub).  I hope you enjoy the Rossi and look forward to a range report.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had two Rossi 44 Specials, mine were the "other" version of the model 720, with adjustable sights and a conventional hammer. Good little guns, mine liked CCI Blazer ammo with a 200 grain hollow point.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]
WisconsinCartridge.com is showing to have 240gr FMJFN in stock ATM.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a big fan of Rossi, but for $150 I'd have gambled on it too.  I hope it turns out to be a good shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top