Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2012 5:08:19 AM EDT
Anyone know about the Taurus 651 CIA in .357?

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a Taurus.  That's all I need to know.  I have a new Model 66 .357 that doesn't index in to battery every time.  I had a 709 slim that wouldn't get through a mag without a FTE.  Got it back  repaired, and the frame cracked within 50 rounds.  I have a PT99 from the 80s that I love, and will never part with, but I could not bring myself to rely on something that they've made since.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a 651 (shrouded hammer) for a little over 2 years now. Between range time and dry firing with snap caps, its action has become very smooth. It was relatively inexpensive, about $350 out the door, and I have not had any problems with it when shooting.

I will usually fire about 30 .38 +ps, 20 or 25 Blazer .357 magnums (a fairly mild magnum load), and no more than 10 full power .357 rounds (currently Federal 130 gr. HydraShocks) through it in a single range session.

The satin(?) stainless finish on the gun is holding up very well and makes for a very easy to clean gun that does not stand out too much.

I am very happy with mine and the other 2 revolvers and 3 semi-autos from Taurus that I own.

Dave
Top Top