Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2012 5:08:19 AM EDT
Anyone know about the Taurus 651 CIA in .357?

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a Taurus.  That's all I need to know.  I have a new Model 66 .357 that doesn't index in to battery every time.  I had a 709 slim that wouldn't get through a mag without a FTE.  Got it back  repaired, and the frame cracked within 50 rounds.  I have a PT99 from the 80s that I love, and will never part with, but I could not bring myself to rely on something that they've made since.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a 651 (shrouded hammer) for a little over 2 years now. Between range time and dry firing with snap caps, its action has become very smooth. It was relatively inexpensive, about $350 out the door, and I have not had any problems with it when shooting.

I will usually fire about 30 .38 +ps, 20 or 25 Blazer .357 magnums (a fairly mild magnum load), and no more than 10 full power .357 rounds (currently Federal 130 gr. HydraShocks) through it in a single range session.

The satin(?) stainless finish on the gun is holding up very well and makes for a very easy to clean gun that does not stand out too much.

I am very happy with mine and the other 2 revolvers and 3 semi-autos from Taurus that I own.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top