Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 6:31:32 AM EDT
I just wanted to share something that amazed me.

Saturday April 23rd I bought a Gen 4 G17. I wanted to use my Surefire X200 light on it. It did not have the right locking bar on it for a Glock. I checked their website for replacement parts. I could not find any of the locking bars. I then called Surefire and of course was put on hold.

Long story short I could not wait on hold because I had to get to work. So I sent a quick e-mail to them with the above information and asked if they would send me a part number so I could order one.

Had not heard back from them. And honestly never expected to.

Today April 29th I recieve an envelope from Surefire. It contains two locking bars for the X200 and Glock. One like what is on it, and one that looks like a quick release.

May not seem like much to some of you, but I am thoroughly impressed. All I use are Surefire lights. Never had aproblem with them, so I have never used their customer service.

It's good to know they are their if you need them.

Terry
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
good stuff i have had nothing but good thing from SF CS
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing with me but exactly the opposite of what you were asking for. I had my X200 mounted on the bedside G17 and then decided to mount it on a rifle but it was super loose. So I email SF about buying some picatinny locking plates and had them in my mailbox a few days later free of charge. Unfortunately they don't have anymore and I need another one for my last x200.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That's cool, but I would have thought they'd have emailed you to let you know what they were doing so you didn't think they were ignoring you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I always contact Surefire's customer support via the internet.  They always come thought without a problem.

I have quite a few SF lights.  I've had to contact them about broken benzels more than once.  Last time it happened, they told me that I had made several requests, and they may ask for the broken parts on the future.  I replied with a message telling to ask all they want, and gave them serial numbers for the 11 or so SF lights I own.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Same thing with me but exactly the opposite of what you were asking for. I had my X200 mounted on the bedside G17 and then decided to mount it on a rifle but it was super loose. So I email SF about buying some picatinny locking plates and had them in my mailbox a few days later free of charge. Unfortunately they don't have anymore and I need another one for my last x200.

Does the x200 mount different than the x300 I thought they were the same.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the invoice I got it says "LEVER LATCH, X200/X300 UNIVERSAL".

I don't have a 300 (yet). But I thought they were the same also.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's cool, but I would have thought they'd have emailed you to let you know what they were doing so you didn't think they were ignoring you.

To be honest I liked it better this way. Was kind of a nice surprise.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the invoice I got it says "LEVER LATCH, X200/X300 UNIVERSAL".

I don't have a 300 (yet). But I thought they were the same also.

My X200's are the earlier 4 screw pattern, not the later 6 screw pattern that is shared with the X300 series.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top