Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 11:09:24 AM EDT
[size=4]Because of a death in the family, I inherited a Mauser .380, from my uncle. He loved guns and had a few Glocks.  I did get this Mauser .380. He told me at one time that it had to be 35-40 years old.
I will try to describe what is written on both sides of slide  Left side of slide marked, [as you would hold in firing position] Original Mauser  Mauser Werke  AG Obarndorf a.N. Model HSc Made in Germany. Right side of slide, [holding in firing position]  Interarms Alexandria Virginia, USA, with a Starburst toward the front.  01 225932.
Walnut grips, all Blue, Mag release is on the botton.  It is all steel, and blowback design.  It is perfect with no blemishes, checked under magnification.
Comes with orig, soft nylon  box, small bore brush and orig. factory practice German target &
original operating instruction manual
This mauser fits in styrafoam insert in blue box.  Has 1 orig. mag., and 2 aftermarket mags. This Mauser is just a beautiful piece of work.  I did not inherit any Glock, but wondering if I got something better.  Need to know a rough estimate of worth.   hanks,
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They range from $200-500 for imports depending.  Most of the ones I've seen with the target box, marked the way you say, and in the condition of your's are in the $400 range.

They're very well built guns.  Frankly I think as an inheritance, it's better than a Glock.Not knocking Glocks, but old stuff always seem to have more character.  I'd rather have character when it's connected to a loved one that's passed on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top