Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/19/2005 11:34:33 AM EDT
Does any one have any knowledge of these pistols? What do you know about them? The M2 is what I am looking at.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/798681242757.html
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:42:58 AM EDT
Own a M2 45 what you want to know?

1. It will feed & fire any ammo no problems. This includes out of spec brass with no problems.
2. The trigger is more DA than SA and it ain't for target shooting. The faster I shoot the tighter the groups get; weird but its okay. Best groups I have got from 25 yards is 5".
3. Mags and Holsters are hard to find everywhere. Brigade Leather makes holsters and Kaiser (sp?) had cheap mags for $22 last time I bought.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:07:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 6:37:24 PM EDT by thedr13]

Originally Posted By NODDAH:
Own a M2 45 what you want to know?

1. It will feed & fire any ammo no problems. This includes out of spec brass with no problems.
2. The trigger is more DA than SA and it ain't for target shooting. The faster I shoot the tighter the groups get; weird but its okay. Best groups I have got from 25 yards is 5".
3. Mags and Holsters are hard to find everywhere. Brigade Leather makes holsters and Kaiser (sp?) had cheap mags for $22 last time I bought.

I own an M2 .45 ACP. You can get mags. for it at Midway. Go to the mag./holster/grip section and click on Mags., ...Other firearms. They have them for $39. Best price anywhere. I have found others that have them but they are on backorder and they want more. I'm sure you can find a holster that fits at any good gun shop or outdoor outfitter.

I like my M2!!! It shoots well. It's trig. pull is a little lighter than most DAO pistols.... 8.8lbs. Breaks crisp.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:09:10 PM EDT
Thanks guys. WHat you described is what I am looking for. I want a double action .45 for concealed carry. Is it as thick, thicker or thinner than the Glock 30 and how is the recoil compaired to a Glock 30? I noticed the rotating barrel and that is what got me interested. I love my couger.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:29:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2005 5:31:43 AM EDT by thedr13]

Originally Posted By GenghisKhan:
Thanks guys. WHat you described is what I am looking for. I want a double action .45 for concealed carry. Is it as thick, thicker or thinner than the Glock 30 and how is the recoil compaired to a Glock 30? I noticed the rotating barrel and that is what got me interested. I love my couger.

It is similar to the Glock in thickness but it is a little heavier than a Glock. The frame on the M2 is an alloy so the only thing that is plastic on it is the grips. I guess if someone can CCW a Glock then you can use an M2.
You do realize that the M2 is double-action-only, (DAO)?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:42:40 AM EDT
Yes I realize it is DAO. At this point I am only looking and reading. The buying part will not be for a good while.
Top Top