Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 11:34:33 AM EDT
Does any one have any knowledge of these pistols? What do you know about them? The M2 is what I am looking at.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/798681242757.html
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Own a M2 45 what you want to know?

1. It will feed & fire any ammo no problems. This includes out of spec brass with no problems.
2. The trigger is more DA than SA and it ain't for target shooting. The faster I shoot the tighter the groups get; weird but its okay. Best groups I have got from 25 yards is 5".
3. Mags and Holsters are hard to find everywhere. Brigade Leather makes holsters and Kaiser (sp?) had cheap mags for $22 last time I bought.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Own a M2 45 what you want to know?

1. It will feed & fire any ammo no problems. This includes out of spec brass with no problems.
2. The trigger is more DA than SA and it ain't for target shooting. The faster I shoot the tighter the groups get; weird but its okay. Best groups I have got from 25 yards is 5".
3. Mags and Holsters are hard to find everywhere. Brigade Leather makes holsters and Kaiser (sp?) had cheap mags for $22 last time I bought.

I own an M2 .45 ACP. You can get mags. for it at Midway. Go to the mag./holster/grip section and click on Mags., ...Other firearms.  They have them for $39.  Best price anywhere. I have found others that have them but they are on backorder and they want  more.  I'm sure you can find a holster that fits at any good gun shop or outdoor outfitter.

I like my M2!!! It shoots well. It's trig. pull is a little lighter  than most DAO pistols.... 8.8lbs. Breaks crisp.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. WHat you described is what I am looking for. I want a double action .45 for concealed carry. Is it as thick, thicker or thinner than the Glock 30 and how is the recoil compaired to a Glock 30? I noticed the rotating barrel and that is what got me interested. I love my couger.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks guys. WHat you described is what I am looking for. I want a double action .45 for concealed carry. Is it as thick, thicker or thinner than the Glock 30 and how is the recoil compaired to a Glock 30? I noticed the rotating barrel and that is what got me interested. I love my couger.

It is similar to the Glock in thickness but it is a little heavier than a Glock. The frame on the M2 is an alloy so the only thing that is plastic on it is the grips.  I guess if someone can CCW a Glock then you can use an M2.
You do realize that the M2 is double-action-only,  (DAO)?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes I realize it is DAO. At this point I am only looking and reading. The buying part will not be for a good while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top