Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 52
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello everyone, I’m reading though the pages and getting some great info. I’m about to go down this road for my new Glock 22 Mos Gen 5. As I’m sure you may know this model 22 is larger then the prior models so I’m going to be reading a lot. If anyone has installed a red dot and suppressor sites with success and could offer some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hello everyone, I’m reading though the pages and getting some great info. I’m about to go down this road for my new Glock 22 Mos Gen 5. As I’m sure you may know this model 22 is larger then the prior models so I’m going to be reading a lot. If anyone has installed a red dot and suppressor sites with success and could offer some advice I would appreciate it. Thanks
View Quote

What do you want to know?
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Only RMR, RMRcc, DPP and ACRO for now, we don't aim to make plates for every handgun that can accept one, nor for every red dot.  OPF line is one category of products for us, we're heavily in AR15/M16 components development, so we have to focus on well vetted platforms and optics and these usually are LE and MIL guns.
View Quote

Totally get this, but will nevertheless put in a plug for a RMR plate for the Staccato DPO pistols...their direct mount solution for the DPP would also benefit from a FCD solution...
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
That's almost done, as well as the rear sight for it
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What do you want to know?
View Quote

The issue I’m trying to overcome is an adapter plate which works with the larger slide. I am using the Glock plate now with a holosun 507 x2 I had on hand but I’m going to try and source another higher quality plate which matches up. One challenge I see is most of the plates all have the extra space filled with metal which matches the slide for a clean look. This won’t match up due to the larger width of the 22 slide. I did match the 22 Mos Gen 5 slide with a 19 MOS Gen 5 and the mounting holes are identical. I looked at the C&H Precision defender plate because it fills the extra space with the bumper for the optic rather then trying to match the slide. Let me know if you have any ideas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Ours will work with it.

These were posted in another thread, shows a G40 with our plate.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the pictures of the slide, really shows the challenge. I’ll check yours out now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:39:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you for the pictures of the slide, really shows the challenge. I’ll check yours out now.
View Quote

Yep, I have the FCD on my gen 5 g22 mos and it's perfect
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, problem solved, now I’m off to find a good range holster that works with a red dot, surefire x300 and the Safariland detachable holster kit.
Thanks again for the help
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you, problem solved, now I’m off to find a good range holster that works with a red dot, surefire x300 and the Safariland detachable holster kit.
Thanks again for the help
View Quote

@bigjoe7757
Sounds like my setup.
I have a little over 10k trouble free rounds on this one since last November.
Attachment Attached File

After trying a bunch of different holsters, I've found that most Glock 20 and 21 holsters fit the G22 gen5 mos.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I wrapped these in fabric and run them with the safariland qls.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Totally get this, but will nevertheless put in a plug for a RMR plate for the Staccato DPO pistols...their direct mount solution for the DPP would also benefit from a FCD solution...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:Totally get this, but will nevertheless put in a plug for a RMR plate for the Staccato DPO pistols...their direct mount solution for the DPP would also benefit from a FCD solution...

Quoted:
That's almost done, as well as the rear sight for it

You have my attention, sir.  Any more details to share on the plate(s)/rear sight?
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@bigjoe7757
Sounds like my setup.
I have a little over 10k trouble free rounds on this one since last November.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310007/Polish_20210929_131716034_jpg-2212059.JPG

After trying a bunch of different holsters, I've found that most Glock 20 and 21 holsters fit the G22 gen5 mos.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310007/20210227_190049_jpg-2212064.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310007/20210227_190125_jpg-2212065.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310007/20210227_190153_jpg-2212067.JPG
I wrapped these in fabric and run them with the safariland qls.
View Quote

Thank you, this is great information and even better pictures, love your 22. I’m curious which optic plate you have on your 22 Gen 5. Is this the one mentioned in this post.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thank you, this is great information and even better pictures, love your 22. I’m curious which optic plate you have on your 22 Gen 5. Is this the one mentioned in this post.
View Quote

Yes
https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/OPF-G-RMR_p_224.html
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Installed the OPF-G43x/48, RMRcc plate today on my Glock 48. Snug fit that required a slight tap to the plate with rubber mallet to get it set flush.  Instructions were clear, parts well labeled,  and no issue with threads hitting extractor plunger (had that problem with a different plate and Holosun).  Very happy with the product the quick response I got from Duffy with a question about back-up iron sight availability.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone ever have a plate fit a little loose in the MOS opening?
My first plate on my 17MOS had to be tapped with a small rubber mallet which seems to be the normal trend here.

My new plate on my 19MOS had a slight bit of olay front to back. Everything went fine otherwise with the install it’s just something I haven’t heard much of before vs being on the tighter side.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#17]
We suspect Glock is holding 0.002 tolerance on the MOS cut, which can result in plates being slightly looser or tighter, depending on the cut's length.  
If you have a MOS cut that's wider, we have some of our plates put aside that are on the long side we can exchange with the one you have.

But the plate's fit isn't as important as the fit between the sight and plate.  The plate is fully limited in its travel (if any) by the slide, its lower center of gravity and mass also help it stay put in recoil.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Have a 43x mos with RMRcc in bound. About to order the forward controls plate. I have a set of ameriglo gl-526 and was wondering if anyone has tried those with this set up?  Forward controls website suggest the gl-527.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#19]
GL-527 can work, it's just a bit lower than GL-527, still visible through the sight window.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've installed a few Ameriglo rears and they tapped right in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I've installed a few Ameriglo rears and they tapped right in.
I recently installed two sets of these GL-506 suppressor sights. One set may have tapped in, but I doubt it.  The other set, no fucking way.  Even lubed and with a gloved hand, wheeler tool, it was extremely difficult to move into place.  I probably should have stopped and lapped a few thousandths off the bottom, but I was committed to breaking something.  Nothing broke, and no chance that sight will ever get bumped out of place.

Glock 21 easy.  Glock 45 MOS, extremely tight.

Now, someone please @  me and let me know if the FCD OPF-G (MOS) works with a Holosun HS-407 and if I need to shorten the screws?  41 pages, ain't got no time fo dat.

Should I pick a different mount/plate?

From FCD website:

OPF-G, RMR is designed for Trijicon RMR and SRO.  If you use a Holosun and the long set of screws with OPF-G, RMR, you will risk damaging the plate.  We do not support any Holosun sights for use with OPF-G, RMR,
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
GL-527 can work, it's just a bit lower than GL-527, still visible through the sight window.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#22]
A front sight of 0.401 is unusable.  0.434 changes it, 0.450 makes it easier still.  As long as you don't have 3 dot sights, 0.434 is sufficient.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:56:40 AM EDT
[#23]
I ordered one of your plate kits to put on my new Glock 34 gen 5 MOS.  I am really looking forward to it.
Dang, I forgot to mention ar15.com in the comments section when I placed my order.  I will have to remember that next time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#24]
You still got a pencil

Mention ar15.com for duck swag

Not a Glock, but another solid piece plate (single piece sans moving parts).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Help needed! I'm new to the pistol/red dot game and unsure of the plate to order. I have a G19.5 MOS and Trijicon RMR and need a plate system. Obviously I'm looking at Forward Controls so I'm asking here which plate I need...

Here's the Trijicon, it's an RMR HRS...

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Help needed! I'm new to the pistol/red dot game and unsure of the plate to order. I have a G19.5 MOS and Trijicon RMR and need a plate system. Obviously I'm looking at Forward Controls so I'm asking here which plate I need...

Here's the Trijicon, it's an RMR HRS...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68413/rmr002-2241350.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68413/rmr004-2241352.jpg

View Quote

Same setup I have
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Same setup I have
https://i.postimg.cc/d0gjzKrW/20211022-110054.jpg
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I received my plate kit today.  Very fast shipping.  I am quite pleased with it.  Anyone on the fence should definitely order one or two.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Hi all. I just bought A g19 mos gen 5. Been shooting CZs for a long ass time but decided to give the Glock a try this go around. This is also my first red dot capable pistol. I am coming to find out the stock plate is shit. I am assuming I am in need of this plate for g19.

What iron sights will give me a viewable sight picture through the rmr if I need them? Also from what I read I do NOT need the trijicon sealing plate if I use this plate, correct?

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#30]
You do not need the sealing plate, please visit this page for more info: RE: use of sealing plate for RMR

For non-3 dot or Tritium sights, a front sight of 0.315 will provide lower 1/3 co-witness.  If you opt for Tritium or 3 dot, 0.365 front sight height sets.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks. I see figment maybe required for the plate and the rmr itself. I am assuming of the plate needs fitting you should do equal strokes from the back and front to make sure holes align, correct? Is it common for fitting to be needed? Also do you recommend anything to cover exposed metal if fitting is required?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Firm press with both thumbs is usually all that's required.  If you do sand the fence or lugs where fitting is required (not the rear) refinish with cold blue
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Firm press with both thumbs is usually all that's required.  If you do sand the fence or lugs where fitting is required (not the rear) refinish with cold blue
View Quote

I can say from experience this is correct. It literally “snapped” in and didn’t shake loose even with no screws. That’s awesome tolerances IMHO
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#34]
has anyone used a fcd rmr plate with a holosun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
507c is the only one that fits well with OPF-G, RMR, we stopped buying H sights to test on our plate after that.  With each model with its own dimensions, even within the same model but different version the crucial dimensions needed to keep it immobile are not the same, we gave up.

View Quote

nvm.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just got mine done, had to "borrow" an emery board from the wife for five minutes to get it to snap fit in perfectly.

*yes, there's a sealing plate*

*Trijicon suppressor height sights ordered*

Link Posted: 1/22/2022 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#37]
@Cyclic240B

Looks good!  

I marked the plate to slide screws and the rmr to plate screws to see movement if they occurred and an easy way to tighten to previous position to maintain zero.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#38]
I’ve had the FCD ACRO plate new in package for a while now…..”patiently” waiting for the P-2s to be available

I may end up just giving the Steiner MPS a go and have a reason to buy the ACRO also lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Steiner sent me an MPS to play with in November

Works with OPF-G, ACRO and our SIG ACRO plates.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Any update on the Staccato plate?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Almost done, but we are still waiting for the rear sight too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Steiner sent me an MPS to play with in November

Works with OPF-G, ACRO and our SIG ACRO plates.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_0218_jpeg-2252855.JPG
View Quote

The looks of the MPS are starting to grow on me also, decisions decisions
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Got the fcd plate today. Talk about good tolerances. The plate would only fit if dropped straight down into the mos cut and the rmr was a snug fit. Snapped in with finger pressure and a couple soft taps with the nylon side of an armorer hammer. Set the FAT torque wrench to 13 inch lbs for the plate and 14 for the RMR as directed and done. I really like that the vibratite is included with the purchase. What a great package.

https://imgur.com/a/zPtqXQs

New Trijicon sights are on the way to replace factory sights.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Got the fcd plate today. Talk about good tolerances. The plate would only fit if dropped straight down into the mos cut and the rmr was a snug fit. Snapped in with finger pressure and a couple soft taps with the nylon side of an armorer hammer. Set the FAT torque wrench to 13 inch lbs for the plate and 14 for the RMR as directed and done. I really like that the vibratite is included with the purchase. What a great package.

https://imgur.com/a/zPtqXQs

New Trijicon sights are on the way to replace factory sights.
View Quote

Complete confidence that your rmr isn't going to move a smidge. Wonderful peace of mind
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Almost done, but we are still waiting for the rear sight too.
View Quote

@Duffy

Any ETA on RMRcc plate for the 365XL?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Plates are done, but new sights development will take longer.  We'll release the plate by itself, the gun will not have functional backup sights till the new sights are developed and made.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Plates are done, but new sights development will take longer.  We'll release the plate by itself, the gun will not have functional backup sights till the new sights are developed and made.
View Quote

Awesome. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't think this is confidential info so I can share it, a well known company that makes optics and lasers (among other things) recommends only our plates for their optics, citing failures of other plates and ours is the only one that's never had an issue (as it should be), when demonstrating their optics, they want a solid mount that's as good as their optics to LE and MIL, as it'd make them look rather bad if their optics fly off even though they don't make the plates.  OPF line of plates have so far maintained a 100% zero failure rate across different platforms and optics.

It's the simplicity and sound design that make this possible.  The solid state design holds the optic immobile and denies movement that transfers to the screws, and has no moving parts to fail.  We only focus on what works, i.e. tight tolerances between the plate and slide, and between the optic and plate.  We don't pay attention to the strength of the screws as much, they only have one job to do, and if the optic isn't moving in recoil, alloy or SS screws are more than sufficient.  Thread engagement doesn't determine the success or failure, more has zero benefit.  Numbers matters, wishful thinking is best left to liberals.  

We collaborate about 50% of our plates design and production with Tangodown.  I've known Jeff and TD for almost 20 years, both TD and FCD are known for producing solidly engineered, tested and executed duty grade components.  We don't intend to make a plate for every red dot, nor for every pistol that can take one.  Our mission can be deciphered by the products we both produce, for LE, MIL and fellow Americans that use their firearms as tools (not in any particular order).
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#49]
How about an RMR plate for the P320 X Pro??? I needs it!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How about an RMR plate for the P320 X Pro??? I needs it!
View Quote

If THIS is the optic cut you're referring to, I 100% agree.  We need a plate for this.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top