Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:57:05 PM EDT
I was wondering how far you guys push your .22 pistols.  I once shot a jackrabbit @ 220 yards with a 6" MarkII bull barrel.  The best part was there were four people standing behind me that saw me do it.  It was no one shot deal, I walked the fire in on him, I guess I was too far away for him to care.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]
5.5" 22/45 bull barrel.  Willow ptarmigan, 110 paces, one shot.  Bullet was so weak that all it did was graze the bird's back, not even breaking the skin, but it knocked the wind out of it long enough for me to come up and grab it.  Lucky shot.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I was shooting the wally world winchester hollow points and it went thru the rabbits neck.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Fed bulk pack, it could have just been the angle, I am not sure, I was a bit too surprised that i had made the shot to get all CSI about it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
1,402 yards, killed a rino in safarie in Africa.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Willow ptarmigan

hahaha!!  The only State Bird you can kill with a rock!

I LOVED visiting your wonderful state last summer - I WILL be back (we're out of halibut and salmon!)

Welcome to Paradise, now go home.

We say the same thing down here!  Only, it's: "Snowbird/Yankee go home - but leave your daughters!"

flcracker
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
1,402 yards, killed a rino in safarie in Africa.

Threw the pistol at him (he's got a HELL of an arm!) and the rhino ate it, choking on the pistol!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1,402 yards, killed a rino in safarie in Africa.hr

Threw the pistol at him (he's got a HELL of an arm!) and the rhino ate it, choking on the pistol!

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Push my stock MKII 5.5 bull to the 300yd berm quite regularly.  Since where I am it's always windy, out there I never get 1st-shot hits.  

Last time at the range there were some English-second-language-guest-worker types blazing away at a cardboard box on the 200yd berm with their 7mag.  They noticed that I was shooting distance with the pistol and indicated that we should have a friendly contest.....I told them forget the box, hit the soda can at 200.  I won on the next magazine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top