Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/12/2014 7:43:51 PM EDT
I have been carrying a Shield .40 in a Crossbreed MiniTuck and a Sig P938 in a Crossbreed MiniTuck as well. I really like both guns and the crossbreed MiniTucks I have for them. However, I would like to try AIWB carry. I have been doing a little research and come to the conclusion that the Shield would be a better contender for AIWB carry. I have been looking at the INCOG IWB holsters and the reviews seem pretty good for them. My question is... Is AIWB carry with the Shield .40 going to be a good choice over what im already using with the MiniTuck? I know it will be a different position and I will have to get used to it, But my main concern is if the Shield is a recommended size for AIWB. I can find the INCOG made for the SIg 938 but I also have a full size 1911 as well but no holster for it yet.
Any recommendations are welcome!
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 8:16:40 PM EDT
I carry a G27 in an ICOG appendix IWB. Very comfortable. Will never go back to a 4 o'clock carry. Any barrel longer than G19/23 would be uncomfortable while sitting or driving. The shorter G27 grip does not print at 1 o'clock. My G23 will not print at 12 o'clock.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:27:17 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EDDIECRUM:
I carry a G27 in an ICOG appendix IWB. Very comfortable. Will never go back to a 4 o'clock carry. Any barrel longer than G19/23 would be uncomfortable while sitting or driving. The shorter G27 grip does not print at 1 o'clock. My G23 will not print at 12 o'clock.
View Quote

I've carried a 17 in my INCOG and didn't find it to be uncomfortable.

The Shield + INCOG setup will be great. I find AIWB to be more comfortable than carrying on/behind the hip while concealing better and being more practical to draw from in various positions. Honestly the only time I ever carry on my hip any more is when I'm going somewhere with my son (4.5 months) in a "chest rig" carrier. AIWB doesn't work for me when I have it on my chest because he is sitting on top of the gun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 1:26:24 PM EDT
I carry a sig 938 in a comptac two o'clock holster aiwb. Just got the holster a week ago. So far it's going good. Sometimes the clip can get in the way of my draw though. I think I'm going to keep looking for the perfect aiwb holster for it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:20:27 PM EDT
I carry both a G19 and a Shield in an INCOG AIWB, Shield is much easier to conceal esp with the short mag.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:48:23 PM EDT
Thanks for all the replys. Did you all order direct or is there a better website that offers faster lead times?
Top Top