Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2014 7:43:51 PM EDT
I have been carrying a Shield .40 in a Crossbreed MiniTuck and a Sig P938 in a Crossbreed MiniTuck as well. I really like both guns and the crossbreed MiniTucks I have for them. However, I would like to try AIWB carry. I have been doing a little research and come to the conclusion that the Shield would be a better contender for AIWB carry. I have been looking at the INCOG IWB holsters and the reviews seem pretty good for them. My question is... Is AIWB carry with the Shield .40 going to be a good choice over what im already using with the MiniTuck? I know it will be a different position and I will have to get used to it, But my main concern is if the Shield is a recommended size for AIWB. I can find the INCOG made for the SIg 938 but I also have a full size 1911 as well but no holster for it yet.
Any recommendations are welcome!
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a G27 in an ICOG appendix IWB. Very comfortable. Will never go back to a 4 o'clock carry. Any barrel longer than G19/23 would be uncomfortable while sitting or driving. The shorter G27 grip does not print at 1 o'clock. My G23 will not print at 12 o'clock.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry a G27 in an ICOG appendix IWB. Very comfortable. Will never go back to a 4 o'clock carry. Any barrel longer than G19/23 would be uncomfortable while sitting or driving. The shorter G27 grip does not print at 1 o'clock. My G23 will not print at 12 o'clock.
View Quote

I've carried a 17 in my INCOG and didn't find it to be uncomfortable.

The Shield + INCOG setup will be great.  I find AIWB to be more comfortable than carrying on/behind the hip while concealing better and being more practical to draw from in various positions.  Honestly the only time I ever carry on my hip any more is when I'm going somewhere with my son (4.5 months) in a "chest rig" carrier.  AIWB doesn't work for me when I have it on my chest because he is sitting on top of the gun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a sig 938 in a comptac two o'clock holster aiwb. Just got the holster a week ago. So far it's going good. Sometimes the clip can get in the way of my draw though. I think I'm going to keep looking for the perfect aiwb holster for it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry both a G19 and a Shield in an INCOG AIWB, Shield is much easier to conceal esp with the short mag.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the replys.  Did you all order direct or is there a better website that offers faster lead times?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top