Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 6:48:17 PM EDT
Has any one had any experience with this company?  I am thinking of ordering a set of grips from them.  Are they a reputible company?  Are their products worth buying?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]
 They have a fair rep on the 44 Auto Mag board though sometimes the grips need a bit of fitting with that girl...

I emailed them to ask about grips for mine and they have not responded to me as of yet...I was rather suprised as most companies are very good about emailing folks in fairly short order.

Guess I'll try again.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice people to deal with. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
They've got Woodsman grips!  I've been looking for a set for two years!.   I want to pull the plastic ones off before they crack.  There's huge collector benefit in a set of uncracked original woodsman grips, so now I can get a set of wood ones to take there place.  Thanks for posting about this.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I can help.  I am thinking about a set of their imitation ivory grips for my J frame Smith.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:11:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Placed my order today for a set of woodsman grips, there customer service seemed very good.    
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I plan to order mine later this week
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I got to put off ordering the grips.  I used the $ that I was going to use for them to put down for lay away for a new toy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#11]
 Talked to them yesterday about Auto Mag grips.....damn nice people!!!  They get my vote!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#12]
If your ivory grips crack for any reason, they will not even talk to you about them. There is no warranty on breakage. The bastards stung me once, and never got another dimes worth of sales from me. My new imitation ivory grips broke the first time the gun was fired. I mean those suckers shattered. I asked them about it and got a nasty e-mail back that I must have over-tightened the screws, and that there is no warranty on breakage. They made this determination without ever looking at the grips!!! Must be psychic! Spend your money somewhere else. Consider ivory micarta or something. ==Bob
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If your ivory grips crack for any reason, they will not even talk to you about them. There is no warranty on breakage. The bastards stung me once, and never got another dimes worth of sales from me. My new imitation ivory grips broke the first time the gun was fired. I mean those suckers shattered. I asked them about it and got a nasty e-mail back that I must have over-tightened the screws, and that there is no warranty on breakage. They made this determination without ever looking at the grips!!! Must be psychic! Spend your money somewhere else. Consider ivory micarta or something. ==Bob

Thanks.  I will keep that in mind for my new project, a 4" stainless Colt Anaconda in .44 Mag.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Well s#!^.  I got my woodsman grips today and they are truley beautiful.  It's too bad they didn't mill the grip screw hole in the right spot, so I'll have to send them back to eagle....  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm kind of disappointed.  It's now 12 days since I sent my grips back to eagle and I've not heard a word from them....  No one at eagle would tell me what's going on other than "we're looking into it."  I understand there products are nice, but damn there, customer service ranks right up there with Toyota.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I have pretty much decided not to do business with them after reading about experiences here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#17]
finally got through to someone, who knew what was going on and the word is that they will have my new grips to me by the end of next week.  Which will be damn near 5 weeks wait (since I placed my order) for a non-custom set of grips.  The custom engraved Alumagrips that I ordered will be here before the Eagle grips.  Yet I ordered the eagles first.  

Interestingly, they said that they tried the grips on the frame that they use for checking those things and had the same problem I did.  (no sh!^?)  Even though they originally claimed that they checked the grips before they left the factory?  

Another bit that pisses me off...  If the product is defective, why then does the customer have to pay the F'n return shipping?  Send me a return mailing label with my new non-defective grips for chrisake!  I sent them pictures of the problem, they knew I wasn't BSing.  

Sorry, I've got to blow off some steam.  I've been very polite to them on the phone, because I don't think my getting pissy with them is in my best interest.  At least until I have the grips in hand.  And damn it, I want to curse about it.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm gonna keep this anti-eagle grips bitch fest alive until I get my grips.  "The end of next week" has come and gone, and I still don't have the grips.  My Alumagrips have arrived and they look great BTW.  Another call to the company today gets me conveniently disconnected twice, and finally a "yeah, we're still working on it."  ( with and implied "Sucker" at the end)  It didn't take them this long charge my credit card, why the hell should it take this long to put a set of grips in a box and mail them to me?  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Talk to your credit card company.  If you don't get a tracking number from them this week then have the credit card company dispute the charge.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Such a wonderful company to deal with...

Bob
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, your struggles may have saved me a hassle - I was fixing to buy some elk J-frame grips from them, but I'll take my trade (and my $110.00) elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll give them until the mail comes Friday.  If nothing happens, I'll call them and tell them I'll be letting Bank of America deal with it.  Of course....  Bank of America is just about as bad.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#23]
It might spark a little more interest in getting you your product.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#24]
They came in the mail Saturday.  They were closed by the time I got my mail Friday, so I never got to call.  Anyway, they look pretty good, although I think the wood was nicer on the first (defective) set, and they neglected to include the grip screws.  So I just used the stock set, and after a little tweaking with a piece of sand paper, I finally got them to fit correctly.  They look really good, and they feel great...  We're they worth the bullshit?  If Eagle wasn't the only game in town with woodsman grips I'd say "HELL NO!!!"  But they are the only game in town.    
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#25]
At least you got them and they work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top