Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/3/2014 7:04:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2014 7:07:36 AM EST by Birddog1911]
Was really looking for an E2, and had forgotten that there even was a SAO. Picked it up, and it was everything I could want in a Sig, and works like my beloved 1911s . Now, I have to shop for a holster, and wait patiently for mine to arrive.

Been a little while since my last Sig, so just wondering if there is something specific I should know, or be made aware of.

Is it wrong that I'm thinking of hard chroming the slide?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:29:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
Was really looking for an E2, and had forgotten that there even was a SAO. Picked it up, and it was everything I could want in a Sig, and works like my beloved 1911s . Now, I have to shop for a holster, and wait patiently for mine to arrive.

View Quote
Been a little while since my last Sig, so just wondering if there is something specific I should know, or be made aware of.

Is it wrong that I'm thinking of hard chroming the slide?

If it's like mine it works a bit better than your 1911 - can you work the slide with the safety ON?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:53:45 AM EST
Don't have it in my hands yet, ordering one. I just can't justify spending an additional $188 when I don't have to.

Interesting about the slide; I hadn't heard of that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:56:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2014 10:57:34 AM EST by Hollywood_Shooter]
so just wondering if there is something specific I should know, or be made aware of.
View Quote

Yes, you should know that you're now going to need a LOT more ammo, because you're REALLY going to like your 226 SAO

ETA: Blade-Tech makes OWB holsters for the 226 SAO
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:19:50 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

Yes, you should know that you're now going to need a LOT more ammo, because you're REALLY going to like your 226 SAO

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
so just wondering if there is something specific I should know, or be made aware of.

They have been out of stock lately...........but have not looked in a couple of weeks....
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:27:33 PM EST
I have the P220 SAO and I shoot my 1911's with my thumb riding on the safety. If I do this with the Sig, my thumb holds down the slide stop.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:17:21 PM EST
I have a 220 Carry SAO and ended up milling the right side safety off. I found that the way I carried with my rig, if I bumped into anything I would knock the right side safety into fire position. After I milled it flush the problem stopped.

If the ambi safety is important to you make sure your holster covers the safety on both sides.

After I milled the right side off I sent the whole gun to CCR refinishing in house black. It's really a beautiful gun and the finish still looks new after many rounds and lots of carry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:53:41 PM EST
Is there any reason I should avoid steel cased ammo in it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:25:56 PM EST
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:29:25 PM EST
View Quote

Dont tell Sig as it would void the warranty if they find out.
Top Top