Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
12/11/2018 1:58:31 AM
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 11/18/2018 5:20:23 PM EST
I currently have 2 pistols with Trijicon RMR's on them and absolutely love them, and I'm considering getting one for my new 509, but I'm open to considering one of the Vortex options, Does anyone have a Vortex on theirs, and what model, the Razor, Viper, or Venom? I really don't know the differences between the models, so is there a reason to choose one model over another, co-witness height, etc? I'm just getting to get a feel what I should do here. I really don't see, at least for the present time, using my 509 as a carry or self defense gun. It's strictly going to be used as a suppressed "fun gun" to shoot steel and paper. Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks....
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:20:10 PM EST
I used my 2+ year old vortex venom when I first got it for about 200 rounds until my RMR came. 0 reliability issues with the red dot and it has thousands of rounds through it on my 19 mos. Only gripe with the venom is that the battery cap sucks and gets stripped easily. Specifically for the 509 tac, it mounted perfectly with the provided plates and screws went deep into the slide, would not hesitate to use the venom full time on it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:21:04 AM EST
I have a Venom on a G17MOS range/fun gun and haven't had any problems with it. The Venom doesn't have the lock screws for the sight adjustments on the back, one of the other Vortex MRDS does. Thats why I chose the Venom. I will be putting a RMR on my 509T though..
Page Handguns » FN
Top Top