Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2017 8:30:08 PM EDT
I started thread back in March, looking for holster options.

Old Thread

Now that this frame has been out for a while, are there many more options available? I'm still a kydex junkie- not really interested in leather or nylon.
I've found that I can carry my XDS comfortably IWB in the small of my back. Still a bit to thick in the middle for IWB at 3 or 4 o'clock and and just can't do appendix carry.

So I emailed Bravo Concealment about their torsion holster and they don't offer one for a PF940C. I just checked with Aliengear and they don't have anything either.
Squared Away Customs has a nice one.
I like the cant and the overall design but just wondering what else is out there. G Code have any?
My budget is in the $50 area.
If I've missed a previous thread on this please direct me there.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just found this.

Lack of Google skills I guess.....

Edit: Link fixed
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Nobody carryin' a compact Poly80?
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I got an OWB holster from anrdesign for my polymer80 PF940C and like it ALOT! They also do IWB for the polymer80 as well and letting you do a lot of customization to the holster. (Light-bearing, Cut for RMR,  suppressor sights, color, etc.) They are not inexpensive, but well worth it! Let me know if you want a pic! Good luck with the search.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes- want pic.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I ended up ordering the Squared Away Customs holster directly from them. I'm not totally unhappy with it but for $60 I was hoping for a bit better workmanship.

Pros- Seems to be well made, nice sturdy belt clip, fits the frame nicely and has good retention.

Cons- Partially covers the mag release and it actually puts pressure on it, could possibly cause an unintended mag drop. The cant is very minimal and I can't give it more by
drilling more holes since the area where the holster is bumped up is very small where the belt clip is attached. The kydex was not de-burred very well has sharp edges in several places. (I know- I can de-burr it myself)

Note: I'm using the polymer extended release that came with the LPK.
I've never liked how far it stuck out any way so instead of trimming the holster I decided to remove the mag release and trim it. The spring pocket in the mag release broke out when I tried to fudge the spring out of it. I'm just going to buy a standard height aluminum mag release to solve this.

Pic below is next to a We the People holster I picked up for my XDS. That is the amount of cant I like. I wish the Squared away customs one had more cant.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I installed a new aluminum standard height mag release over the weekend that I ordered from NDZ Performance. They offer three sizes- standard, mid, and extended. The standard sticks out plenty for me and it clears the holster like it should. I tried to push on the holster to force a mag release and I could not do it.

Link Posted: 12/2/2017 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Viking Concealment also makes IWB/OWB kydex holsters for the 940c (as well as the 940c with weapon mounted light options as well).
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
My mine fit in Glock 20 holsters.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Viking Concealment also makes IWB/OWB kydex holsters for the 940c (as well as the 940c with weapon mounted light options as well).
View Quote
Quoted:
My mine fit in Glock 20 holsters.
View Quote
I like pics. Any pics?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:41:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Ugh... I'm searching for IWB (strong side) for PF940c WITH Olight PL-mini. No such luck
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#11]
http://knightfallcustoms.com/ does polymer 80 holsters.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Picked up a "We the People" holster for a Glock 19. I took advantage of some discount codes and got it for $23.80 shipped.
I know I'm operating near the bottom of the spectrum but hey- it's American made and I'm happy with the other one I picked up earlier this year.

Pros-  Well made.

Fits the Polymer 80 frame well.

Adjustable cant brings the grip of the pistol to a more reachable position when carrying IWB in the small of the back.

The end of the barrel/slide is completely covered by the holster (unlike the Glockstore $35 holster-last picture)

Very economical

Cons- Retention is acceptable although you don't get that audible kydex "click" when the trigger guard engages the divots.

(I think this has to do with the slightly different design of trigger guard of the PF940C frame)

Mag release is not covered by the holster. I've heard different opinions on this-we'll see how it works.

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Just got a holster from Knightfall Customs for my new build. (PF940Cv1 FDE with Inforce APLc) Very happy with the holster and overall experience.
I configured it a particular way on their website according to their options then got a text from the owner asking some additional questions.
After texting back and forth for maybe an hour or so, I agreed on the double over hooks instead of the fomi clip. (no regrets- I love the over hooks)
I was very impressed with the personalized service. I ordered it on Jan 15th, it shipped on the 17th, and I got it on the 22nd. Wow.
It has an excellent fit to the pistol, fit to me, and the color match is spot on.

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#14]
oem mag release is an extended release for the p80. I bought an extended release button too. installed oem and was like...yea...I need to file the oem one down lol. (ended filing corners of button)
I wish...there was a holster for a certain pistol but can have any light you want on it. kinda like..oh I want dif floor mats for my car...then get a dif car :/
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ugh... I'm searching for IWB (strong side) for PF940c WITH Olight PL-mini. No such luck
View Quote
I'm going to be looking for this same option soon. Did you have any luck? Or even just someone that will make a one-off custom?

@MaverickAA

Edit- I may try contacting KnightFall Customs referenced by OP and see if they can make one. Even if I have to send them my PL-Mini Valkyrie for patterning it'd be worth it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#16]
FYI, I contacted Knightfall and they can accommodate requests for holsters using the O-Light PL-Mini.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top