Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:35:44 PM EDT
I feel satisfied for the time being with gun purchases.  I am now dipping into buying parts/lights/stuff.  For what I have now.

So what are some "must buy" items?

What I have.

AR
AK
USP
G19
XDSC
Rem 700
Keltec PF9

I also have more than enough Magazines for everything.  Plus a stockpile of ammo that will last me a few years.  I do need some decent glass for my rifle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:39:48 PM EDT
In order, ammo, magazines, slings, tac vest or plate carrier and armor, boots and socks, quality NV compatible optics, night vision.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:53:24 PM EDT
Buy mags for any guns that you might want to own in the future.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:54:43 PM EDT
Canned bacon.  The undereducated are driving pork prices down over the swine flu, now's the time to hop all over that shit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:55:51 PM EDT
Spare parts to keep 'em running.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:59:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By molar:
Buy mags for any guns that you might want to own in the future.

As stated.  I have plenty of magazines.

I am thinking about buying some mounted lights.  maybe a railed fore end and a shoulder thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:16:18 PM EDT
Dude,

All of those add ons are cool, but get yourself a few extractors, an LPK, a couple of buffer springs, mag springs, maybe a complete bolt, maybe an ejector & spring, gas rings, etc.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:49:59 PM EDT
Probably the best accessory is a CHL. Do you have one?

I surprised myself all the money I sunk into bullshit before getting my carry permit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:53:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Colt-Shooter:

I surprised myself all the money I sunk into bullshit before getting my carry permit.

My CHL is called being an American
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:09:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By exman98:

My CHL is called being an American

Thats a big gamble considering you face jailtime should a contingincy arise that causes you to discharge your weapon. It cost 230 bucks out the door to have the license arrive in my mailbox. Its the difference between a "Good shoot" and months of litigation/ jail.

Also consider some weapons training. Its the indian not the arrow.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:58:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2009 10:59:49 PM EDT by hungrymonkey]

I have had a CHL since I was 19.  Still have one.

In fact, I just updated my CHL to my new address.  I mailed it on monday, and recieved the updated one on friday.  I am impressed with the county sheriffs office.

Originally Posted By Veracity:
Dude,

All of those add ons are cool, but get yourself a few extractors, an LPK, a couple of buffer springs, mag springs, maybe a complete bolt, maybe an ejector & spring, gas rings, etc.

I have all that, minus the LPK.  It is still on backorder.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/2/2009 11:10:38 PM EDT by MagazineFed]
IMO, every self defense rifle needs a light and back up iron sights. The rest is preference.

I personally use a Surefire 6P LED, MBUS, and vertical foregrip with waterproof storage for 2 CR123 batteries. I'm currently deciding on running my ACOG, my T-1, or both. I'll probably end up running both.

Also, I really like the MIAD since I have big hands and the A2 grip is pretty small.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:13:02 PM EDT
Since you're in Oregon, hold off on the accessories and take a Thunder Ranch training course.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:13:04 PM EDT
Body armor for you and your family.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:21:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By azdesertman:
Since you're in Oregon, hold off on the accessories and take a Thunder Ranch training course.

Sweet.  I will google it.

Originally Posted By MagazineFed:
IMO, every self defense rifle needs a light and back up iron sights. The rest is preference.

I personally use a Surefire 6P LED, MBUS, and vertical foregrip with waterproof storage for 2 CR123 batteries. I'm currently deciding on running my ACOG, my T-1, or both. I'll probably end up running both.

Also, I really like the MIAD since I have big hands and the A2 grip is pretty small.

Actually, I have primary Iron sights right now
I am contemplating an eotech and some furniture.  Since my AR is a stock bushmaster.  I am waiting for parts a stripped lower to do a sbr.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:35:28 PM EDT
I just ordered two mtac holsters, one for the G19 and one for the XD SC.  I am planning on retiring the keltec with the desantis cozy partner.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:23:24 AM EDT

DUH!!...get the shoulder thing that goes up!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:25:48 AM EDT
.22 conversion kit for the AR, and some spare mags for it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:35:40 AM EDT
aimpoint or EOTECH, whatever your flavor, those are fun!

also, a nice pile of loaded mags, ready to rock and roll

and a light or two...

if you got the cash, GO FOR IT!

lucky
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:36:52 AM EDT
IMHO

Ammo,...more ammo,... then more ammo

fill mags,...need more mags,... fill mags.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:47:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2009 2:48:35 AM EDT by Jacketch]
Training and more training.

Owning a violin doesn't make you a violinist.
Top Top