Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2009 4:35:44 PM EDT
I feel satisfied for the time being with gun purchases.  I am now dipping into buying parts/lights/stuff.  For what I have now.

So what are some "must buy" items?

What I have.

AR
AK
USP
G19
XDSC
Rem 700
Keltec PF9

I also have more than enough Magazines for everything.  Plus a stockpile of ammo that will last me a few years.  I do need some decent glass for my rifle.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
In order, ammo, magazines, slings, tac vest or plate carrier and armor, boots and socks, quality NV compatible optics, night vision.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy mags for any guns that you might want to own in the future.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Canned bacon.  The undereducated are driving pork prices down over the swine flu, now's the time to hop all over that shit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Spare parts to keep 'em running.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Buy mags for any guns that you might want to own in the future.

As stated.  I have plenty of magazines.

I am thinking about buying some mounted lights.  maybe a railed fore end and a shoulder thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude,

All of those add ons are cool, but get yourself a few extractors, an LPK, a couple of buffer springs, mag springs, maybe a complete bolt, maybe an ejector & spring, gas rings, etc.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably the best accessory is a CHL. Do you have one?

I surprised myself all the money I sunk into bullshit before getting my carry permit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I surprised myself all the money I sunk into bullshit before getting my carry permit.

My CHL is called being an American
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My CHL is called being an American

Thats a big gamble considering you face jailtime should a contingincy arise that causes you to discharge your weapon. It cost 230 bucks out the door to have the license arrive in my mailbox. Its the difference between a "Good shoot" and months of litigation/ jail.

Also consider some weapons training. Its the indian not the arrow.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have had a CHL since I was 19.  Still have one.

In fact, I just updated my CHL to my new address.  I mailed it on monday, and recieved the updated one on friday.  I am impressed with the county sheriffs office.

Quoted:
Dude,

All of those add ons are cool, but get yourself a few extractors, an LPK, a couple of buffer springs, mag springs, maybe a complete bolt, maybe an ejector & spring, gas rings, etc.

I have all that, minus the LPK.  It is still on backorder.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#11]
IMO, every self defense rifle needs a light and back up iron sights. The rest is preference.

I personally use a Surefire 6P LED, MBUS, and vertical foregrip with waterproof storage for 2 CR123 batteries. I'm currently deciding on running my ACOG, my T-1, or both. I'll probably end up running both.

Also, I really like the MIAD since I have big hands and the A2 grip is pretty small.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Since you're in Oregon, hold off on the accessories and take a Thunder Ranch training course.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Body armor for you and your family.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Since you're in Oregon, hold off on the accessories and take a Thunder Ranch training course.

Sweet.  I will google it.

Quoted:
IMO, every self defense rifle needs a light and back up iron sights. The rest is preference.

I personally use a Surefire 6P LED, MBUS, and vertical foregrip with waterproof storage for 2 CR123 batteries. I'm currently deciding on running my ACOG, my T-1, or both. I'll probably end up running both.

Also, I really like the MIAD since I have big hands and the A2 grip is pretty small.

Actually, I have primary Iron sights right now
I am contemplating an eotech and some furniture.  Since my AR is a stock bushmaster.  I am waiting for parts a stripped lower to do a sbr.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered two mtac holsters, one for the G19 and one for the XD SC.  I am planning on retiring the keltec with the desantis cozy partner.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#16]

DUH!!...get the shoulder thing that goes up!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#17]
.22 conversion kit for the AR, and some spare mags for it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:35:40 AM EDT
[#18]
aimpoint or EOTECH, whatever your flavor, those are fun!

also, a nice pile of loaded mags, ready to rock and roll

and a light or two...

if you got the cash, GO FOR IT!

lucky
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#19]
IMHO

Ammo,...more ammo,... then more ammo

fill mags,...need more mags,... fill mags.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Training and more training.

Owning a violin doesn't make you a violinist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top