Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2009 3:29:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/22/2009 3:30:24 PM EDT by theFatAirsoftKid47]
my BC Rich is very neck heavy. is there any cure for this, or just sell it? i dont want to move strap buttons if its not going to help. if i have to sell it id rather not have extra holes in it.

ETA its a mockingbird with neck through construction.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 7:39:11 AM EDT
Tape some lead weights to the back of the body?
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 8:08:50 AM EDT
I have a slightly head heavy guitar.  I tried to fix the problem by sewing some fuzzy, high friction material to the guitar strap.  I only did this a couple weeks ago so it is too early to tell if this fixed my prolem 100%, but my initial reaction is favorable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 6:31:15 PM EDT
Best way to combat neck dive in my experience is to get a really grippy, textured strap that won't move around when it gets pulled from one end.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:04:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bassist:
Best way to combat neck dive in my experience is to get a really grippy, textured strap that won't move around when it gets pulled from one end.

That's the way that I cope with neck heavy guitars. I've found that the Fender cotton straps work very well.

I think these are the same thing, but I'm not sure. The ones I have don't have those dumb looking patches on them.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Patchworks-Cotton-Guitar-Strap?sku=361156
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:36:35 PM EDT
ive heard of putting weights in the back of the guitar but that sounds like potential butchery. the strap isnt really how i want to fix the problem but it sounds like my only choice. if thye strap doesnt work ill probably sell it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:29:42 AM EDT
Affix flat lead weights to the strap. Wrap them in padding if need be.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:25:11 AM EDT
Big, flat/wide strap is the best way to counteract that.
Top Top