Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2009 3:29:46 PM EDT
my BC Rich is very neck heavy. is there any cure for this, or just sell it? i dont want to move strap buttons if its not going to help. if i have to sell it id rather not have extra holes in it.

ETA its a mockingbird with neck through construction.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Tape some lead weights to the back of the body?
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a slightly head heavy guitar.  I tried to fix the problem by sewing some fuzzy, high friction material to the guitar strap.  I only did this a couple weeks ago so it is too early to tell if this fixed my prolem 100%, but my initial reaction is favorable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Best way to combat neck dive in my experience is to get a really grippy, textured strap that won't move around when it gets pulled from one end.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Best way to combat neck dive in my experience is to get a really grippy, textured strap that won't move around when it gets pulled from one end.

That's the way that I cope with neck heavy guitars. I've found that the Fender cotton straps work very well.

I think these are the same thing, but I'm not sure. The ones I have don't have those dumb looking patches on them.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Patchworks-Cotton-Guitar-Strap?sku=361156
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
ive heard of putting weights in the back of the guitar but that sounds like potential butchery. the strap isnt really how i want to fix the problem but it sounds like my only choice. if thye strap doesnt work ill probably sell it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Affix flat lead weights to the strap. Wrap them in padding if need be.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Big, flat/wide strap is the best way to counteract that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top