Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2016 4:06:41 PM EDT
is there anything special about these mags other than they say"restricted use" on them?i got a few from a guy in a trade.i will say the body seems to be thick metal...should i sell them?..then by lancers?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:07:21 PM EDT
No. Nothing special. I do like steel though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:08:05 PM EDT
Their polymer AR mags are affordable and they're the tits.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:09:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hanker71:
is there anything special about these mags other than they say"restricted use" on them?i got a few from a guy in a trade.i will say the body seems to be thick metal...should i sell them?..then by lancers?
View Quote

The followers are so damn smooth that you'd think they were on ball bearings.  They won't nosedive, and they will last forever.  They're a bit bigger than a standard mag lengthwise, bit heavier as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:16:03 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LV1976:

The followers are so damn smooth that you'd think they were on ball bearings.  They won't nosedive, and they will last forever.  They're a bit bigger than a standard mag lengthwise, bit heavier as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LV1976:
Originally Posted By hanker71:

I have seven of them still in the wrapper. I have used them before and like them alot. This last seven I have are for the right buyer with the right amount of $$$.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:17:27 PM EDT
As posted, they are very 'smooth.'
Other than that, I bought a few when they came out, to add to the mag. collection.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:21:57 PM EDT
any idea what they are worth?i guess technically used because they are not still in the wrappers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:24:27 PM EDT
Tiny bit of info here in the mags part of tech
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2016 10:28:29 PM EDT by LightningII]
the black stainless ones?

good mags, but heavy, and they were pricey ( $60 ) when new.
I seem to remember something about them being a result of an H&K program to enhance the reliability of the Brits enfields.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:02:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2016 8:54:58 AM EDT by ODA_564]

Originally Posted By LightningII:

the black stainless ones?

good mags, but heavy, and they were pricey ( $60 ) when new.

I seem to remember something about them being a result of an H&K program to enhance the reliability of the Brits enfields.
View Quote

These were all sex and glamour when they first were rolled out (and not available except to HSLD units / not sold to serfs).  But they don't last (ironically for "high reliability magazines with a big price tag).  USSOCOM stopped using them.

ETA:  What makes the HK "high reliability" magazines a poor reliability choice is (1) weak, proprietary springs - and since HK never sold them commercially, when private acquirers tried to get replacement springs, HK said "turn them int your supply chain and draw new magazines" - and (2) improperly heat treated feed lips, which deform and cause malfunctions.

For apparently beautifully made, heavy stainless steel magazines that cost as much as the grey market / black market asked for them, these offered no advantage over less expensive, more reliable alternatives.

Except HK.
Top Top