Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2016 4:06:41 PM EDT
is there anything special about these mags other than they say"restricted use" on them?i got a few from a guy in a trade.i will say the body seems to be thick metal...should i sell them?..then by lancers?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
No. Nothing special. I do like steel though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Their polymer AR mags are affordable and they're the tits.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
is there anything special about these mags other than they say"restricted use" on them?i got a few from a guy in a trade.i will say the body seems to be thick metal...should i sell them?..then by lancers?
View Quote

The followers are so damn smooth that you'd think they were on ball bearings.  They won't nosedive, and they will last forever.  They're a bit bigger than a standard mag lengthwise, bit heavier as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The followers are so damn smooth that you'd think they were on ball bearings.  They won't nosedive, and they will last forever.  They're a bit bigger than a standard mag lengthwise, bit heavier as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seven of them still in the wrapper. I have used them before and like them alot. This last seven I have are for the right buyer with the right amount of $$$.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
As posted, they are very 'smooth.'
Other than that, I bought a few when they came out, to add to the mag. collection.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
any idea what they are worth?i guess technically used because they are not still in the wrappers.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Tiny bit of info here in the mags part of tech
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#8]
the black stainless ones?

good mags, but heavy, and they were pricey ( $60 ) when new.
I seem to remember something about them being a result of an H&K program to enhance the reliability of the Brits enfields.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

the black stainless ones?

good mags, but heavy, and they were pricey ( $60 ) when new.

I seem to remember something about them being a result of an H&K program to enhance the reliability of the Brits enfields.
View Quote

These were all sex and glamour when they first were rolled out (and not available except to HSLD units / not sold to serfs).  But they don't last (ironically for "high reliability magazines with a big price tag).  USSOCOM stopped using them.

ETA:  What makes the HK "high reliability" magazines a poor reliability choice is (1) weak, proprietary springs - and since HK never sold them commercially, when private acquirers tried to get replacement springs, HK said "turn them int your supply chain and draw new magazines" - and (2) improperly heat treated feed lips, which deform and cause malfunctions.

For apparently beautifully made, heavy stainless steel magazines that cost as much as the grey market / black market asked for them, these offered no advantage over less expensive, more reliable alternatives.

Except HK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top