Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/26/2004 12:51:03 PM EDT
went to local sheriff today /n.c. I asked about signing for a suppressor for a p22 pistol ?
answer no wait . . .. . . . .. hell no . I was told the attorney general had told all to not issue any

also was told the county i live in has never signed

so i guess iam screwed.
I think in N.C. you can transfer a class 3 to a corporation is this true ?
if so does anyone no which would be better a s.corp or a llc.corp or has anyone else gone this route

thanks for any advise
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:52:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:53:16 PM EDT
You will have to incorporate to get around the CLEO signoff. It makes Class III transfers quicker and easier in the long run.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:02:55 PM EDT
so have they called your house and yelled at you yet? happened to me. i was going to go corp but the extra expense (for only a .223can) just wasn't worth it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:09:21 PM EDT
There is no definition in the statute as to what "cleo" actually means. You may try to get a friendly prosecutor to sign it, a local FBI agent, or some other LEO-type official.

Talk to your dealer, he should know some way around this or can recommend another dealer who knows.

Don't give up too easily.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:10:43 PM EDT
you can corp or set up a trust . trust is cheaper in the long run b/c a corp must be maintained each year usually for $150 a year. not too mention you can have your firearms left to a family member in the event of your death. that's my .02 cents.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:22:06 PM EDT
as always thanks alot for advice
Top Top