YOU MIGHT BE A JARHEAD IF...
* You've ever used the term "Oohrah" in any context
* Your dream home is base housing
* You've ever rolled pennies to buy beer on a weeknight
* You've ever sold blood to buy beer
* You've ever financed a tattoo
* You met your wife at a strip joint
* Your kid has a high & tight
* You still have your full basic issue
* Your boot polish doesn't come out of a bottle
* Your cammies have more starch than your potatoes
* You refer to McDonald's food as "chow"
* You've ever read your 'Battle Skills' book for fun
* You still know all your General Orders
* You call your friends "Devil Dog"
* You think your military training is seriously worth college credit
* Your picture is outside the Career Planner's office
* You have whitewalls on your head, but not your car
* You consider going to The Roadhouse a night on the town
* You still know the words to the "Marine's Hymn"
* You say things are 'good to go,' or 'outstanding'
* Your favorite game is Spades
* You still imitate your drill instructors
* You call cadence to yourself
* You get your haircut at the Day Store
* You've ever given a period of instruction
* You've ever "locked on" anybody
* You use Aqua Velva aftershave
* You iron your coveralls
* You have a dog named "Chesty"
* You have a blues cover in the back window of your car
* You've ever done anything for love of Corps
* You display your rank on the windshield of your car
* You press your cammies after you get them from the cleaners
* You have a subscription to 'The Marine Corps Times'
* You use the term "hard charger" on a subject other than batteries
* You think your unit doesn't PT enough
* You think Motrin cures things
* You wear your dogtags to the beach
* You still use any drill instructor clichés
* You forgot to "vent" the fuse on a can of NAP sitting under the hot sun of 29 stumps for hours as the hop was delayed! (You know who you are. Stay strong my brothers)
* All your underwear still has your laundry number on it
* You stencil your name on your jeans
* You refer to regular clothes as 'civvies'
* You've ever ironed your sheets for field day
* You get your hair cut once a week
* You've ever worn out an ironing board
* You hang your dirty laundry from the foot of your bed
* More than half of your wardrobe was purchased at the BX
* You "quarter-deck" your kids
* You practice line training on your wife
* You argue with people about whether Parris Island or San Diego was better
* You use your seabag as luggage
* You have a picture of the Commandant in your living room
* You wear your wooly-pully with Levis
* You wear your all weather coat with regular clothes (or civvies)
* The horn on your car plays the 'Marine Hymn'
* Your picture is outside the BX
* You've ever starved until dinner because you woke up too late to go to the chow hall
* You have the belief that you can kick someone's *** because they're in the Navy
* If you've ever suggested that your unit goes on a hump
* You've ever gone to a bar or dance club in your blues
* You found CPL School motivating
* You like 'Tun Tavern" Beer
* You have a camouflage comforter on your bed
* You keep MRE's around just in case you get hungry
* You go to the chow hall to meet women
* You've ever had razor burn on your head
* You signed the Chesty Puller stamp petition
* You've ever used the term 'very well' in normal conversation
That's a daggon friggin great list.
Have been out 25 years and that post just made me smile while I read it. That was great
* You think Vin Diesel needs a haircut.
Here's one to add:
When your children hit their teenage years, you make them a "mug jug"
with cotton balls, rubbing alcohol, and aqua velva to wash their face before
I was USN and can relate to most of that. lol. Funny.
*You know all too well the meaning of SNAFU, FUBAR and BOHICA
*You have every promotion warrant framed and hanging in order on the wall
I have all mine, plus the NAM and Cert. Comms, etc. My wife calls it my shrine to me.
All i can say is DAMN!
WOW! Nice set-up man. We're still renting as of right now, but as soon as I get my own den it's EGA city.
*You wear green silky nylon shorts under your trousers just in case...even when wearing your blues/tux/suit.
I still call people 'nasty' and 'crazie' as my DI called me/ us.
uh, is that the don't ask, don't tell corps?
Hey you! Yeah you Nasty! Get your hands off your face!
The green silky nylon PT shorts. If you don't know what they are, well...
aside from not knowing, you are totally missing out. Here's a link Green Silkies
How do your balls not hang out of that 2.25" inseam when you do the hamstring stretch standing?
'first and third ranks, hamstring stretch standing. second and forth ranks, the side straddle hop...'
One must be very careful whilst wearing the Green Silkies as PT shorts!
Does your lid say Mason or Kerr?
You've read "Green Side In", "Brown Side Out", "Run in Circles", and "Scream and Shout" cover to cover more than once...
That's called an "I Love Me" wall (Bulkhead). Semper Fi, Ray
I just realized that I've been saying "very well" wayyyyy too much...
I know how that goes, my wife's been subjected to about 10 "Roger that"s a day since I got home, and that was 10 months ago...