Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh I know!  Can't hardly sleep but for the heart-stopping roar around here these days.  It's incredibly scary.
Heart-stoppingly incredibly scary.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I put a switch on my 1911, but I couldn't figure out where to hook up the red and black wires.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
What a horribly written article.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know about you, but I find it pretty scary... all those white supremacists running around the streets of America with machine guns.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
A 4K$ Tax stamp would put me out of the NFA Game for suppressors and SBRs...  I've never been in the transferable/MG game ever.

As far as a Glock Switch, I'm not really interested in those.  I guess if I could buy one legally over the counter, I might.  I think they look dumb and I don't think they would be as dependable as a OEM setup.  That and I just don't want one.

Now if I could legally have a happy switch (on the safety, selector switch, no some horrendous add on) on any of my SBRs, Scorpion Evo, Mac 10, etc...   I don't think I'd use it much per the cost of ammo, but it would be neat to have the option and be able to do mag dump now and then if I wanted too...
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
How many convictions - more or less than 1/87th of the number seized?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes….”some” have been. I wish legislators and reporters with balls would demand some relevant stats.

How many victims died only because the offending gun was equipped with one of these Uber-scary devices?
What percentage of these deaths and shootings were gang- or drug-related?
How many otherwise law-abiding citizens with no prior association with violent crimes procured one of these devices and then went on to use it to commit crimes other than simple possession?
How many of these devices that were used in crimes were installed on weapons that were lawfully possessed by the user?
How many of the devices that were seized by the ATF were actually obtained from individual boxes, vs. seizing a case of devices at the post office?
How many of these devices are currently in existence? What percentage of that number are being used in violent crimes?

I won’t hold my breath.
View Quote

Now don't go spoiling the hyperbole of this article (and it's authors) by using critical thinking skills!!

(Then again, I wonder if the authors and/or proponents in that article even HAVE critical thinking skills.)
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Saw a news article last week where someone in NC was arrested and being prosecuted for possession of an unregistered MG and possession of a firearm by a felon. The perp's name also strongly suggested this case involves a Glock switch...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, what happened to the owners of the confiscated illegal weapons? How many have been sent to prison per the laws on the books? Might have to pack them in like sardines, hey!

Saw a news article last week where someone in NC was arrested and being prosecuted for possession of an unregistered MG and possession of a firearm by a felon. The perp's name also strongly suggested this case involves a Glock switch...

I wonder if the MG charge is a NC state charge, tho.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Not just for abortion anymore:

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd rather have some gangbanger spraying bullets everywhere (only to run out of ammo in 1.5 seconds) than an A class USPSA shooter with me as his target...
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I bet the glock switch would run good in a roni chassis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shot a legit Glock machine pistol at one of those machine gun rental outfits. I didn't much care for it. Horribly inaccurate for me as it pulled off center really badly. Other than being a waste of expensive bullets, I can't see the need for one on a Glock. Tommy guns and full-auto AR-15s, yeah, that I can see. (Loved shooting the Thompson. Literally shot the center out of the target like those carnival air rifle games. Guy from the place mentioned "Well, that's definitely your gun there.")

Not without a redesign.  The charging handle on a Roni connects to a replacement backplate.  You'd need a backplate that both functions as a switch and provides a place to connect a charging handle.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
What I’m hearing is that machineguns are now in common use.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]
The ATF doesn't operate in urban/democrat areas. They'll drive around a dozen cities to go confront a guy in a rural area who bought three pistols in a month.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Said it before, but I can see Glocks being deemed "Readily Convertible" and forced into a redesign.  They did it in the 80s with the open bolt semi auto MACs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Said it before, but I can see Glocks being deemed "Readily Convertible" and forced into a redesign.  They did it in the 80s with the open bolt semi auto MACs.
View Quote

I hope they don't read that.  I can just see a proposed ATF rule requiring millions of Glock owners to submit to some fuckery over this.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]
In what cities would these streets be located in?...
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not without a redesign.  The charging handle on a Roni connects to a replacement backplate.  You'd need a backplate that both functions as a switch and provides a place to connect a charging handle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shot a legit Glock machine pistol at one of those machine gun rental outfits. I didn't much care for it. Horribly inaccurate for me as it pulled off center really badly. Other than being a waste of expensive bullets, I can't see the need for one on a Glock. Tommy guns and full-auto AR-15s, yeah, that I can see. (Loved shooting the Thompson. Literally shot the center out of the target like those carnival air rifle games. Guy from the place mentioned "Well, that's definitely your gun there.")

Jim Carrey:  So you're telling me there's a chance.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't work with a Flux Defense brace, either. A switch protrudes far enough from the back of a Glock that it would impact the frame of the Flux brace before fully cycling.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Only in motherfucking America.

- Politicians in bed with Chinese.
- Chinese flood streets with glock switches
- Gang bangers roaming the streets causing mayhem with glock switches
- Politicians enjoy leveraging the chaos and dead bodies as ammunition for their anti-gun efforts
- Politicians avoid having Law Enforcement be proactive to stop the import and use of glock switches.
- Politicians refuse to prosecute the bad actors getting caught with glock switches so they can return to the streets to cause mayhem over and over.
- Law Enforcement role is actively limited to picking them up at crime scenes and incidental to arrests.
- The cycle of our own politicians allowing bad actors to hurt our people so they can also hurt us goes round and round.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd rather have the Beretta 93R
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It wouldn't work with a Flux Defense brace, either. A switch protrudes far enough from the back of a Glock that it would impact the frame of the Flux brace before fully cycling.
View Quote
Not all glock conversion devices stick out the back. Their are models that are invisible when installed. Unfortunately they give up semi auto as an option.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'd rather have the Beretta 93R
View Quote
There's a guy on youtube who has a full auto 10mm Glock. His ability to control the recoil is excellent. He can dump a mag and keep the gun flat and on target the entire time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#23]
And schumer is introsucing another gun bill.
What a coincidence.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the bill of rights. Not the bill of needs. Nobody cares what you think you need.

NFA is unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What a horribly written article.
View Quote
Oh no, it was written with great precision.
It had about three points it needed to drive home, and then the rest of the article was fleshed out around them.

What I would like to see is like a gangbanger magazine, where there's an article about how many mags worth of mix and match ammo they can put through one before the long metal piece departs the plastic handle.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, it's about time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Was waiting around for court one day not too long ago and a prosecutor was talking about a case and said that a full auto glock was taken off a suspect. He stated it wasn't an official one with the side switch and it didn't have the wish.com switch on the back.
That after testing it, it was full auto only and there was no way to shoot semi auto. Someone had shoved a thin piece of metal next to the trigger bar or some such to make it keep firing.
Sounded like he got confused with the coat hanger in the AR trick. But I don't know enough about glock switches or glocks for that matter to correct him.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Only in motherfucking America.

- Politicians in bed with Chinese.
- Chinese flood streets with glock switches
- Gang bangers roaming the streets causing mayhem with glock switches
- Politicians enjoy leveraging the chaos and dead bodies as ammunition for their anti-gun efforts
View Quote
You could've stopped there. That's the plan. Use black violence as an excuse to disarm white people.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Was waiting around for court one day not too long ago and a prosecutor was talking about a case and said that a full auto glock was taken off a suspect. He stated it wasn't an official one with the side switch and it didn't have the wish.com switch on the back.
That after testing it, it was full auto only and there was no way to shoot semi auto. Someone had shoved a thin piece of metal next to the trigger bar or some such to make it keep firing.
Sounded like he got confused with the coat hanger in the AR trick. But I don't know enough about glock switches or glocks for that matter to correct him.
View Quote
That is pretty close to how some of the conversions work. Essentially an angled metal stud is added to the backplate. It depresses the trigger bar releasing the striker when the slide closes (as long as the trigger is held rearward).

Glocks are very easy to convert.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wait until they find out what you can do with a leatherman tool and a coathanger...
View Quote

Abortion on demand?

They will be ecstatic
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy-peasy, 10 minute job in Fusion, another 12 minutes of print time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#32]

What’s that?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

pro tip: they already have them.

my neigbhor down the road runs a trap house. literally someone was killed at the trap house. cops came. he was arrested with over an ounce of crack, a glock with a switch, and thousands in drug money. literally spent less than 24 hours in jail and charges were dropped against him/ cops aren't even trying to solve the murder at his house either.
View Quote

So, do I PM you for directions or is there a website?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The earsplitting, heart-stopping roar of fully automatic weapons hasn’t been often heard on America’s streets since Congress largely outlawed them in 1934. But now it’s back, owing to a small device that is easily plugged into certain handguns and rifles, converting semiautomatic firearms into guns capable of firing 20 bullets in one second — with one pull of the trigger.

“It’s incredibly scary,” said Matthew M. Graves, the District’s U.S. attorney, citing the rising number of conversion devices found in the city in recent years. There were 27 guns recovered with the devices in 2021. The number rose to 119 last year, and, as of late October, the number was more than 150, Graves said. Police often find extended magazines attached to the guns, to hold more than the standard 12 or 13 bullets contained in most magazines, and they have even seized round drum magazines, which can hold 50 or more bullets.

The devices have many names: Switch. Giggle switch. Sear. Auto sear. Conversion device. Glock switch (some of which have Glock’s logo fraudulently printed on them). Even though they are small — switches for pistols are about the size of a playing die — and don’t themselves contain bullets, the devices are considered machine guns by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said Craig B. Kailimai, special agent in charge of ATF’s Washington field division.

“That would be illegal,” he said. “The device itself.”

The devices can be made of metal or plastic, and authorities believe some are imported from China and sold on the streets. But 3D printers also have been used to make both the square-shaped switch for pistols and an S-shaped device that slides into guns such as the AR-15 to convert them to fully automatic, Kailimai said. The printing process takes about 45 minutes.

Under some circumstances, civilians can legally purchase automatic weapons. The conversion switches for both semiautomatic handguns and rifles also can be purchased legally under certain conditions. Both the American military and law enforcement have uses for automatic weapons, so law enforcement officials cannot approach gun manufacturers and ask them to stop making guns that can be easily converted, Kailimai said. Glock officials have said they cannot change the design of their pistol to foil the switches.

The ATF said it recovered more than 5,400 illegal switches between 2017 and 2021, a 570 percent increase from the preceding five years. In both pistols and rifles, the switch works by blocking the mechanism in the gun that requires a trigger pull before each shot. With a switch in place, one trigger pull can fire the weapon until it is out of ammunition.

“There is absolutely no reason or no room for our suspects to be armed like this,” Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said at a news conference. He showed body-camera footage of the fatal shooting of Jeffrey. “This is a threat that is here, and it’s a threat to everybody — law enforcement and citizens in every neighborhood in our community.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/with-conversion-switch-devices-machine-guns-return-to-u-s-streets/ar-AA1l5j3N

Common use? Pics and video at link
View Quote

Where the article mentions the demographics of the folks caught with them?  Also, what happens with them?

Just a slap on the wrist, like Leeland Lee got when caught selling firearms in the black market, even though he was "championing" and legislating to ban them?

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So, do I PM you for directions or is there a website?
View Quote

It be far easier to order if from China or 3d print the switch.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Explain how minors are not prosecuted for auto switches vs everyone else?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Free markets find a way.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The DA's (especially Houston, check the demographic/makeup of Harris County DA's), give out dollar bonds, drop cases, and decline to prosecute for heinous crimes all the time.

Growing up around Houston, and living/working in the area, it's held on by a thread for a long time of not being a complete shithole. Sometimes I wonder how.
View Quote
I lived in Houston briefly - less than 1 year.  I can not say it was great then, but part of me thinks it got worse after August 2005.

That said, 1990/91 when I lived there I either saw are was close to enough to make me want to leave.  It started out after I rented my apartment, but before I moved in 1 month later.  Nice complex, but there was a double kidnapping, rape, double murder that happened that month in my complex.  A couple months later, I had to take my bosses vehicle in for repairs due to a drive by shooting (he lived in a golf course neighborhood inside Houston).  It capped with the last day I was in Houston.  Earlier that day I was at one of the first true Superstores (what the Mega Walmarts eventually became) - I thought it was odd a normal store was selling soft armor.  Then I made a wrong turn on my way out of town (at rush hour) and ended up going inbound rather than outbound on I10.  1 driver let me in, creating a little gap in front of me.  He passed me on the left to get that gap, the car behind me passed me on the shoulder to get it.  I don't know when that driver pulled the gun, but he got the space.  Did he point it at my head while he was passing me illegally, maybe - but he sure the fuck pointed it at the other driver to get the space.

But honestly, what scared me the most was getting lost in a Ward at 2am about 10 years later.  Shit - it was completely 3rd world.  That said, that was still before 2005...  I have not partied in Houston much since 2005 (maybe 2 times, with friends - guess we were lucky to get out without issues).
----
As for how many arrests out of the 5400 - I would be interested to know how many of those 5400 were the sting operations of airsoft parts people ordered from China in the VERY early days of Glock Switches.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not all glock conversion devices stick out the back. Their are models that are invisible when installed. Unfortunately they give up semi auto as an option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The downside being ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#40]
So what you’re saying is they are in common use.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

?   Just download the stl and print it.  

Or order one from a Chinese supplier that isn’t on the ATF’s naughty list.  

View Quote

got a file you can pm me? i work for an 07
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If Glock switches were legal, it might make me buy a glock.
They should be legal.
View Quote

it'd be a fun challenge to get 3rd bursts but I'd want a high backstop. and more ammo companies making 9ball
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
China would never knowingly flood the market with these
View Quote

No, noooooo never.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A 4K$ Tax stamp would put me out of the NFA Game for suppressors and SBRs...  I've never been in the transferable/MG game ever.

As far as a Glock Switch, I'm not really interested in those.  I guess if I could buy one legally over the counter, I might.  I think they look dumb and I don't think they would be as dependable as a OEM setup.  That and I just don't want one.

Now if I could legally have a happy switch (on the safety, selector switch, no some horrendous add on) on any of my SBRs, Scorpion Evo, Mac 10, etc...   I don't think I'd use it much per the cost of ammo, but it would be neat to have the option and be able to do mag dump now and then if I wanted too...
View Quote

I'd love to have a berretta m38/49 subgun.
the 2 triggers appeal to me because most of the time I'd use the front one for semi auto unless I wanted to put a burst on target.

mag dumps not so much. the fun is the challenge of making the burst exactly the number of rounds you want. getting singles on a 7 or 800rpm gun is even funner.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
China would never knowingly flood the market with these
View Quote

They were a little "surprise present" inside every package of Chinese Fentanyl.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wait until they find out what you can do with a leatherman tool and a coathanger...
View Quote

Are you REALLY trying to get the idiots at BATFE to next ban multi-tools & coat hangers?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Where do I get one?
View Quote

FPNI

I need one foe every Glock!

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

“It’s incredibly scary,” said Matthew M. Graves, the District’s U.S. attorney, citing the rising number of conversion devices found in the city in recent years. There were 27 guns recovered with the devices in 2021. The number rose to 119 last year, and, as of late October, the number was more than 150, Graves said. Police often find extended magazines attached to the guns, to hold more than the standard 12 or 13 bullets contained in most magazines, and they have even seized round drum magazines, which can hold 50 or more bullets.
View Quote

Isn't this the same guy going full Bolshevik on Jan 6 people?  I'm sure he's incredibly, deeply concerned with Glock switches and the crimes they're used to commit
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Would be a nice problem to have though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Glock switches were legal, it might make me buy a glock.
They should be legal.

After shooting a legal full auto Glock a few times I'm kinda glad they're not. They're so much fun I'd go broke keeping it fed. I'd also need an F350 to carry ammo for ammo for range trips.

Would be a nice problem to have though.

Yes it would. Angers me that I can't legally build one. I found it surprisingly controllable. Would build one on a .22 conversion as well. Maybe I'll get my SOT when I retire.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Gaston knew what he was doing.
Page / 5
Top Top