Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2017 12:14:16 PM EDT
...when every other show on TV depicts a murder?  We watch murders for entertainment.  I know it isn't the same thing, but it sure makes me wonder.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Comparing a real murder that people are not used to watching to a TV show is tarded.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you autistic?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Step 1: Ask the dumbest question ever.

Step 2: Get butthurt over being called a dumbass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I expressed myself poorly.  Why are we so obsessed with murder in the first place?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You know, I was just gonna ask this!  They had some local expert on "extremist videos" on the local news talking about controlling vids like this through viewer reporting, internal controls, and matrices and it suddenly hit me, this cocksucker is talking about censorship!  Which I personally think is bad.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you autistic?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I think this killer's video actually helped to catch him.  People saw it and called the police right away.  

Just think what might have happened if this had stayed local.  The Cleveland police might still be looking for him in Cleveland and this idiot might have gone on to kill more people.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You know, I was just gonna ask this!  They had some local expert on "extremist videos" on the local news talking about controlling vids like this through viewer reporting, internal controls, and matrices and it suddenly hit me, this cocksucker is talking about censorship!  Which I personally think is bad.  YMMV.
View Quote
A was watching the same thing on Fox, which prompted the question.  They were questioning FB's responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
...when every other show on TV depicts a murder?  We watch murders for entertainment.  I know it isn't the same thing, but it sure makes me wonder.
View Quote

Just a future FYI, people you see killed on TV shows don't really get killed.  It's not real.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I expressed myself poorly.  Why are we so obsessed with murder in the first place?
View Quote
OK, so let me get this straight. Being a 'teener is indicative of being a moron?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just a future FYI, people you see killed on TV shows don't really get killed.  It's not real.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Because it's really not the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've watched plenty of videos where real people get killed and this is still the most brutal one I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OK, so let me get this straight. Being a 'teener is indicative of being a moron?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
teener calling a teener out...lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are you autistic?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A was watching the same thing on Fox, which prompted the question.  They were questioning FB's responsibility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None....zero.....zilch...nada.  the responsibility is all on the sick SOB that committed the crime.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Blacks kill blacks every day in Chicago and no one really cares.Post it live on facebook and everyone loses their minds......

Reminds me of this:

Vincent: Max, six billion people on the planet, you're getting bent out of shape cause of one fat guy.
Max: Well, who was he?
Vincent: What do you care? Have you ever heard of Rwanda?
Max: Yes, I know Rwanda.
Vincent: Well, tens of thousands killed before sundown. Nobody's killed people that fast since Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Did you bat an eye, Max?
Max: What?
Vincent: Did you join Amnesty International, Oxfam, Save the Whales, Greenpeace, or something? No. I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit.
Max: Man, I don't know any Rwandans.
Vincent: You don't know the guy in the trunk, either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#23]
This is gonna be...bad.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do we find it entertaining?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Uh.... because the ones you see on TV are fake.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#27]
op is retarded

can't differentiate between real and fake
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've watched plenty of videos where real people get killed and this is still the most brutal one I've ever seen.
View Quote
You must be new to the Internet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#29]
It's the randomness of the whole thing, which leads people to empathize with it a lot more. Most murders people see usually have some reason people can reason away why it won't happen to them. Something like this could have happened to anyone though, and people will make the associations in their mind.

To be honest I'm surprised it's being reported so much, though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you need someone to explain the drama of life and death for entertainment purposes, maybe log off and go audit a drama class at your local community college.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Blacks kill blacks every day in Chicago and no one really cares.Post it live on facebook and everyone loses their minds......
View Quote
It's allllll part of the plan....
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#32]
OP makes a valid point.  TV is nothing but murder shows and people acting like ignorant idiots.  Consuming media like that daily normalizes it, and many people gradually accept it as acceptable behavior.  Somehow fake gory gruesome hollywood murder being fine, but seeing an actual murder being bad just doesn't balance out for me.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly.  It's like the greatest sin was posting the video.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not entertaining when innocent defenseless people die in real life or movies. It's entertaining when bad guys die. Killing innocents in movies usually point the viewer to the bad guy.

See dead Facebook killer updates for people that are enjoying the fact that he's dead.... because he was the bad guy
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because we are invested in the powerful emotions aroused by murder, real or not.

Ultimately the purpose is to form an emotional connection with the audience. We identify with the story, care about the characters...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't think this is the first one, wasn't that guy that shot the reporter while she was on air livestreaming it to FB?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

teener calling a teener out...lol
View Quote
Dagnabit. So, eleven-teen is still "teener" here.  OK, so I'm still not fully indoctrinated after about a year (lurked quite a bit b4 registering).

Or should I have ...

youseriousclark.jpg

responded?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP makes a valid point.  TV is nothing but murder shows and people acting like ignorant idiots.  Consuming media like that daily normalizes it, and many people gradually accept it as acceptable behavior.  Somehow fake gory gruesome hollywood murder being fine, but seeing an actual murder being bad just doesn't balance out for me.  
View Quote
Yes, thank you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Comparing a real murder that people are not used to watching to a TV show is tarded.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Human nature.  You act like this is a new occurence.  People have been attending public executions and cheering long before tv. We are fucked up little monkeys.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FB fail. Known oppressor of reality when it suits them. Globalist gonna globalist.

(might fit into his anti-gun agenda)
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Because we are invested in the powerful emotions aroused by murder, real or not.

Ultimately the purpose is to form an emotional connection with the audience. We identify with the story, care about the characters...
View Quote
Only because he uploaded it live to facebook.

If it was just another black shooting another black guy on the street in Chicago,most of the world would have never heard of it,it would not have been a huge story,and heyjackass would have added another number to the total.l

But since it was done live,everyone loses their minds.I wonder how many people that are fucked in the head saw this unfold and may do the same thing for attention?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Are you autistic?
View Quote
Dont fuck with weaponized autism.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Amazing!!

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You must be new to the Internet.
View Quote
Nah, I admit to visiting r/watchpeopledie (def. NSFW) on a regular basis.
ISIS executions, cartel tortures, and industrial mistakes got nothing on this murder.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
No he doesn't.

Death has inundated drama since there was drama. Are you fucking kidding me?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Reminds me of this:

Vincent: Max, six billion people on the planet, you're getting bent out of shape cause of one fat guy.
Max: Well, who was he?
Vincent: What do you care? Have you ever heard of Rwanda?
Max: Yes, I know Rwanda.
Vincent: Well, tens of thousands killed before sundown. Nobody's killed people that fast since Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Did you bat an eye, Max?
Max: What?
Vincent: Did you join Amnesty International, Oxfam, Save the Whales, Greenpeace, or something? No. I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit.
Max: Man, I don't know any Rwandans.
Vincent: You don't know the guy in the trunk, either.
View Quote
Also, smartest post here
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#49]
OP, how old are you?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Fair question considering how often you see even more gruesome Liveleak posts here in GD.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top