Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That video made you feel like you were a part of the murder for real...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exactly.  It's like the greatest sin was posting the video.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blacks kill blacks every day in Chicago and no one really cares.Post it live on facebook and everyone loses their minds......
Seeing it live is a bit disturbing. But beyond that, his video shows that he is a cold blooded & evil person. Evil is shocking.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP makes a valid point.  TV is nothing but murder shows and people acting like ignorant idiots.  Consuming media like that daily normalizes it, and many people gradually accept it as acceptable behavior.  Somehow fake gory gruesome hollywood murder being fine, but seeing an actual murder being bad just doesn't balance out for me.  
Yes, thank you.
People were murdered all the time prior to tv and movies..................

Facts and shit
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I understand the video game argument now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Again, it's about evil. The Joker is beyond the mafia in terms of villainy because his sin is Pride. He seeks to supplant order with chaos, which is to assume that he is more powerful than God. Thus, he is extremely evil and shockingly so.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No he doesn't.

Death has inundated drama since there was drama. Are you fucking kidding me?
View Quote
I am not talking about silly play deaths.  I am talking about the dozens of shows on TV all day long that recount the deaths of people and detail every aspect of the crime, often with police photos and graphic reinactments.  People crave death, from the huge crowds at public executions to the high ratings of all those how to be a murderer shows.  Actively seeking out the depiction of death and mayhem does not jive with being offended by the real thing.  It eventually needs to wanting to see the real thing to get your fix.

I am not saying it is OK, quite the opposite is true.  I don't watch the serial killer training shows or the gorefest "horror" movies because they are dumb and do not entertain me in the slightest
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
This guy was randomly murdered just because this asshole wanted to broadcast it.

Seeing people die in make-believe or watching a bunch of terrorists recording a beheading or people dying of crime related violence are not on the same planet as this.

We know people don't really die in movies.

Terrorists have a political agenda and use death as a means of receiving attention.

Crime leading to death is nothing new. Even when someone innocent is killed from gang violence it's from collateral damage, there's another purpose meant for the violence that causes the death, even if not directly.

This was a cold and calculated murder of a random person, 'live' on the internet. If that's not attention grabbing, what are you paying attention to?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Facts and shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP makes a valid point.  TV is nothing but murder shows and people acting like ignorant idiots.  Consuming media like that daily normalizes it, and many people gradually accept it as acceptable behavior.  Somehow fake gory gruesome hollywood murder being fine, but seeing an actual murder being bad just doesn't balance out for me.  
Yes, thank you.

Facts and shit
Of course.  There are real murders daily, and fake ones on TV.  Why is a real one on "TV" so much more outrageous?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because it's really not the same thing.
View Quote

Everything serves a purpose. If it suits those who control opinion, then it's good. If it doesn't, it will be censored. There are goals and agendas here.

You will be told what to think and what to feel.

information dissemination
socio-cultural understanding
self-enforcing norms
preferrence selection
evolution of realities
evolving norms
cyber norms
cybergovernance agendas
Political Ideology Detection using Recursive Nueral Networks
opinion polarization
content analysis
complex contagions
monitoring and predictive analysis
unified internet
stifling destabilizing 'speech'
tracking critical mass outbreaks
mobilization events
amplifying media
ideological reinforcement through social nroms
matrix for civil governance
solutions journalism
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think I understand the video game argument now.
View Quote
Murder never existed before video games? Mongol generals had dinner on top of a giant pile of 1,000's of dead people for the crime of defending themselves against invasion.

We aren't numbed to violence. On the contrary, we are pampered by the historic levels of peace and tranquility.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Seeing it live is a bit disturbing. But beyond that, his video shows that he is a cold blooded & evil person. Evil is shocking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blacks kill blacks every day in Chicago and no one really cares.Post it live on facebook and everyone loses their minds......
Lots of evil out there.

Most people never see it.They live in a kind of bubble where you see/hear/read about it on the news and then go on with your life.

Not much of an impact when it's a stranger and you didn't watch it happen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am not talking about silly play deaths.  I am talking about the dozens of shows on TV all day long that recount the deaths of people and detail every aspect of the crime, often with police photos and graphic reinactments.  People crave death, from the huge crowds at public executions to the high ratings of all those how to be a murderer shows.  Actively seeking out the depiction of death and mayhem does not jive with being offended by the real thing.  It eventually needs to wanting to see the real thing to get your fix.

I am not saying it is OK, quite the opposite is true.  I don't watch the serial killer training shows or the gorefest "horror" movies because they are dumb and do not entertain me in the slightest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No he doesn't.

Death has inundated drama since there was drama. Are you fucking kidding me?

Death reminds us that we're still alive. Fantasizing with it allows us the experience without the real world consequences.

Fiction is interesting, but the real stuff is enthralling. 

I feel the same way about horror movies. I can suspend belief for entertainment purposes, but they're usually badly written, acted and depicted and I just feel more stupid for watching.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Because most folks can appreciate the difference between make believe and an old man really getting shot in the head?

Pretty simple, really.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Of course.  There are real murders daily, and fake ones on TV.  Why is a real one on "TV" so much more outrageous?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, thank you.

Facts and shit
It doesn't happen every day, which makes it outrageous. 

Do you remember the DC Sniper?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Because most folks can appreciate the difference between make believe and an old man really getting shot in the head?

Pretty simple, really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...when every other show on TV depicts a murder?  We watch murders for entertainment.

Pretty simple, really.
Well, normal folks can. The outliers don't really give a shit, as long as they can be famous.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pretty simple, really.
View Quote
I'm afaid that isn't the case anymore...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
...when every other show on TV depicts a murder?  We watch murders for entertainment.  I know it isn't the same thing, but it sure makes me wonder.
View Quote

I know I couldn't give two shits. Lol!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Death reminds us that we're still alive. Fantasizing with it allows us the experience without the real world consequences.

Fiction is interesting, but the real stuff is enthralling. 

I feel the same way about horror movies. I can suspend belief for entertainment purposes, but they're usually badly written, acted and depicted and I just feel more stupid for watching.
View Quote
When I watch horror movies I sometimes end up rooting for the killer, because the victims are typically such retarded imbeciles that they would not even be in their situation had they made a single reasonable decision at any one of 1000 moments beforehand.  Badly executed does not even begin to describe most films in that category
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Wait, the kid we killed yesterday at work wasnt really dead?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It doesn't happen every day, which makes it outrageous. 

Do you remember the DC Sniper?
View Quote
Actually,there are murders every day.

They aren't posted live,and since we don't know the victim,it's in one ear and out the other.

I'm sure we all remember the DC sniper,but for most of us it may as well have been happening in another country.A picture and name of the victim,yellow police tape and a cop looking down at a body covered with a tarp,and hey what's for dessert?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I expressed myself poorly.  Why are we so obsessed with murder in the first place?
View Quote
Why are we so obsessed with dudes who wear dresses?

Why are we so obsessed with guns?

Why are we so obsessed with making retarded threads?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#23]
People in general are fascinated with mortality; their own, and others'.

The "Faces of Death" videos were big sellers in their day.  People simply can't drive past a bad accident without craning their necks to see if maybe a detached leg or arm or something is lying around.  And people don't watch NASCAR for the good-natured competition - it's because they're doing something dangerous, and they wanna see the wreck.

It's prevalent enough that it must be normal.  Probably a survival instinct... "don't let this happen to you..."
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nah, I admit to visiting r/watchpeopledie (def. NSFW) on a regular basis.
ISIS executions, cartel tortures, and industrial mistakes got nothing on this murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be new to the Internet.
Nah, I admit to visiting r/watchpeopledie (def. NSFW) on a regular basis.
ISIS executions, cartel tortures, and industrial mistakes got nothing on this murder.
Well... I suppose it's subjective, but this didn't even scratch the surface of how fucked up the beheading of Eugene Armstrong was.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Jesus fucking Christ,  the old dude is just walking down the street minding his own business. By the looks of him he looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly. The last person in the world who'd deserve a bullet to the brain. Poor old dude didn't deserve that at all.
That's why
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I expressed myself poorly.  Why are we so obsessed with murder in the first place?
View Quote
Way to double down.  Are you high?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why are we so obsessed with dudes who wear dresses?

Why are we so obsessed with guns?

Why are we so obsessed with making retarded threads?
View Quote
Obviously, I did it just for you.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm surprised that more nut jobs are videoing their crimes and putting them on Facebook........people are retarded....even more so if they are criminals.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just a future FYI, people you see killed on TV shows don't really get killed.  It's not real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...when every other show on TV depicts a murder?  We watch murders for entertainment.  I know it isn't the same thing, but it sure makes me wonder.

Just a future FYI, people you see killed on TV shows don't really get killed.  It's not real.
Just don't say WWE isn't real.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Fake murder on tv = Great entertainment.

Real murder everywhere = Yawn.

Real murder on Facebook = Hysteria.

Seeing it happen didn't make it any more real than all the rest of the murders in the news this weekend.  Actually, it probably wouldn't have been as big of a story if they had not initially reported that it was streamed live.  It would have been just another video of someone getting killed, and just another murder in Cleveland.

This will be an episode on Law and Order in no time at all.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm surprised that more nut jobs are videoing their crimes and putting them on Facebook........people are retarded....even more so if they are criminals.
View Quote
Wouldn't surprise me if more don't do it-heluva lot of attention with it.

There have been rapes,suicides,and now a murder live streamed-I don't see it going away.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fake murder on tv = Great entertainment.

Real murder everywhere = Yawn.

Real murder on Facebook = Hysteria.

Seeing it happen didn't make it any more real than all the rest of the murders in the news this weekend.  Actually, it probably wouldn't have been as big of a story if they had not initially reported that it was streamed live.  It would have been just another video of someone getting killed, and just another murder in Cleveland.

This will be an episode on Law and Order in no time at all.
View Quote
Lucky this guy was not trying to hide who he was.If he was uploading it live but keeping his identity secret (if possible),then shit could get really crazy.

Anyone remember the movie "Untraceable"?I could see that happening for real
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Facebook is supposed to be a safe space, yo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top