Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2002 10:24:51 PM EDT
When I was a kid growing up in Los Angeles in the 1960's, one of the local parks had a demilled F86 fighter in the sandbox for the kids to play in. They removed the engine, canopy, guns, and a lot of the electronics, but they left enough wires and switches in it to really make it fun for the local kids to play in. We used to crawl through the engine compartment, out the nose, jump off the wings, you name it.

So, how come none of the parks these days have demilled F14s for today's kids to play in?

What the hell, it used to be cool to be a boy. Now it sucks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
allowing kids to play on demilled aircraft would encourage them to lead violent lives, they might even want to own guns one day  

seriously, it would be cool to roam around an airplane graveyard, kinda like pick-a-part, the most fun you can have for a buck
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Man.. What has happened to the world.

I was climbing a tree and let go of one branch and cought myself on the next lowest one. PUlled my fingernail almost off but I held on , God that hurt.

SLiding out on your bikes, Scrapped Knees, Scrapped Chest, Scrapped Elbows, Ass over tea-kettle.

Riding your bikes in ice covered creaks. Sliding more scrapes, bruises, cuts hahahaha.

Catching Crawdads in the creeks.

Riding more bikes on the trails, Jumps, Wipeouts, cuts, bruises, scrapes again.

Falls out of trees, land on your back.. Nock the wind out of yourself.

Jump off the roof, using a garbage bag as a parachute. Never opened in time.  hahaha

I sware I miss the days I grew up in.
-------------

The world is the world.

Last Night I was mowing the grass and rolled right over a Yellow Jack nest.  ZAAAAPP. Sucker stung me and held on. Right underneath my arm. Stung oh lord it stung. Then the rest of them came and attacked my lawn mower. About 200 of them As near as I could figure. I squashed the Yellow Jacket on my arm and showed the kids.

We live on a planet swirling through space, the Natural World is alive all around us. What is this Oh Don't Hurt me World, BS.  Good grief.

Ben

And when I went into the house it wasn't , I AM GOING TO SUE. it was WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING THAT FOR??

or my favorite

Hurt Didn't It!!

or another

Well thats what you get!!!

My parents didn't give a damn, it was always my fault, and you know what , it Truly was..

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio has a lot of interactive stuff. It's an awesome place to visit and cheap to get in.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Try Iran.  They had a couple dozen before the revolution, and now they're all sitting around rotting for lack of spare parts.  Same thing for all the AH-1 Cobra's we sold 'em. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Here in Oklahoma, we have the Omniplex.

There are WWII instrument flight sims.
Theres an F-4 Phantom Cockpit with hud and everything.
THeres an F-111 Cockpit with throttles and switches and hud and radio gear. Everything a boy could want.

Plus various models (Full Scale) of the Lunar Lander, the Lunar Module, The Saturn V B Engine Nozzle. HUGE!!.

All kinds of neat stuff to do.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was climbing a tree and let go of one branch and cought myself on the next lowest one. PUlled my fingernail almost off but I held on , God that hurt.
View Quote

Sue the soap company for making your nails soft.

SLiding out on your bikes, Scrapped Knees, Scrapped Chest, Scrapped Elbows, Ass over tea-kettle.
View Quote

Sue the tire company and brake company. Tire company suit would be for failing to stop the bike properly.  Brake company suit would be over the bike stopping too fast.

Riding your bikes in ice covered creaks. Sliding more scrapes, bruises, cuts hahahaha.
View Quote

Sue the city for allowing access to the frozen river or failing to post warning signs.  Sue for the emotional trauma of knowing you COULD HAVE fallen through.

View Quote

Did you eat them and choke?  Were they tainted?

View Quote

Public or private land?  Did they condone you riding your bikes in there?  Sue them, sue the dirty bastards for what could have happened!

View Quote

Potential for future spinal problems, sue your parents for lack of parental supervision and pray the state would have taken you out of that abusive household.

Jump off the roof, using a garbage bag as a parachute. Never opened in time.  hahaha
View Quote

Mom smoked too much dope when she was pregnant with you, your misshapen brain didn't know that you could die from such a jump.  Your parents should pay, pay and pay some more for giving birth to a partially retarded child.  Sue the state for failing to win the war on drugs also.

My parents didn't give a damn, it was always my fault, and you know what , it Truly was..
View Quote

Parents didn't give a damn, yet you feel its your fault?  Sue for the emotional trauma of being an abused child and for thinking that if something goes wrong, its automatically your fault.  It makes it difficult for you to leave the house and live a normal life, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Sue the tire company and brake company. Tire company suit would be for failing to stop the bike properly.  Brake company suit would be over the bike stopping too fast.

View Quote

Sue the city for allowing access to the frozen river or failing to post warning signs.  Sue for the emotional trauma of knowing you COULD HAVE fallen through.

View Quote

View Quote

Public or private land?  Did they condone you riding your bikes in there?  Sue them, sue the dirty bastards for what could have happened!

View Quote

Potential for future spinal problems, sue your parents for lack of parental supervision and pray the state would have taken you out of that abusive household.

View Quote

Mom smoked too much dope when she was pregnant with you, your misshapen brain didn't know that you could die from such a jump.  Your parents should pay, pay and pay some more for giving birth to a partially retarded child.  Sue the state for failing to win the war on drugs also.

View Quote

Parents didn't give a damn, yet you feel its your fault?  Sue for the emotional trauma of being an abused child and for thinking that if something goes wrong, its automatically your fault.  It makes it difficult for you to leave the house and live a normal life, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Back in the good old days, there were no SOCCER MOMS.

That is all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I was terribly abused.
I am going to sue Newton himself.

For crimes against Humanity.

The Quantification of Gravity.
Enertia
Energy and Mass

The Corpuscular theory of light

I am going to sue someone for
The Quantification of Thermodynamic Principals.
The non-reversable process
Heat Death, and Entropy.

How could anyone do this to us. It was a hoodwink. A swindle I tell you A swindle!!

We have to do it for the children.
Stop the ABUSE NOW!!!

Brought to you by the Society for the public good.  The Society for human tolerance.
The Society for the ingnorance of mankind
The society of a GENTLER,NICER, more Milk Toast Universe.
The Peoples Republik of Californistan
and the People for the preservation of the spineless and jelly people of the world.
The peoples for the advancement of the sheeples.

Why; BECAUSE WE CARE!!!

Ben
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#13]
From the immortal words of Dick, Commander of the aliens, on third rock from the son.

"People don't kill people. Physics kills people"

Stop the Madness.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote
Yup! What he said!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Well one reason why there are no de-milled f-14's n particular is that even though there are 300, or so not in service, they are in the infamus plastic cacoon in davis-mothen (spelling?) in "emergency war reserve". we have quite alot of aircraft there that are in "emergency war reserve" including F-4's a7's a6's a few F-15A's and the like. msot of the de-milled ones that were not taken to davis mothen are wither museum peices, or are now serving the nation as razor blades.

but hell i swouldent mind haveing a F-14 in a sand box for my kid to play in [:)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#16]
The Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, FL has many demilled cockpits from American naval aircraft.  The kids love it (and the grown-ups, too).  You ought to make the trip sometime!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton Ohio has a lot of interactive stuff. It's an awesome place to visit and cheap to get in.

View Quote

I went there about twenty eight years ago when my Uncle was stationed there.  That museum was so cool.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There used to be an A-7 Corsair II in San Francisco not far from my house when I was growing up.  Don't think it's there anymore.
View Quote

This is the one in the Sunset district? I think they took it away about 10 years ago because they found out lead paint was used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top