Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/30/2005 5:25:31 PM EDT
The thread about the criminal "hero" in A Clockwork Orange   has me furious.

I mean, why do we put up with the habitual criminal element in our society? Will it take until each and every person has a member of their family savaged by one of these defectives until we wake up and do what needs to be done?

Consider the child molester/murderer. They cannot ever be rehabilitated...and even if they could, they should be so remorseful over what they did that suicide would be the only alternative to atone for their attrocities. They must be seperated from society...but that would of course be too expensive, given the numbers involved. We could not build and pay for so many prisons. So, what is the best (cheapest) way of killing them?

The least expensive methods I can think of would be Definistration (hurled from a high building) or Sub-Aqueation (drowning). There are plenty of suitable sites for such operations; the main costs would be recovery and disposal of the corpse.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Wood chipper, Mulch pile. Nuf said.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
A person who serves notice on society by their criminal acts does not deserve to live amongust us.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as they are dead, who cares?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The thread about the criminal "hero" in A Clockwork Orange   has me furious.

I mean, why do we put up with the habitual criminal element in our society? Will it take until each and every person has a member of their family savaged by one of these defectives until we wake up and do what needs to be done?

Consider the child molester/murderer. They cannot ever be rehabilitated...and even if they could, they should be so remorseful over what they did that suicide would be the only alternative to atone for their attrocities. They must be seperated from society...but that would of course be too expensive, given the numbers involved. We could not build and pay for so many prisons. So, what is the best (cheapest) way of killing them?

The least expensive methods I can think of would be Definistration (hurled from a high building) or Sub-Aqueation (drowning). There are plenty of suitable sites for such operations; the main costs would be recovery and disposal of the corpse.

Wood chipper, your 3 in 1 solution.

ETA: Damn Wraith, you're too fast.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Just like Escape From New York... turn some island into a prison  (like Australia was).
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Hanging. Rope is cheap.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, the wood chipper solution would be nice, but I don't know if selling the mulch produced would cover the cost of hosing out the blood and sharpening the blades.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

And an excellent public display.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

So isn't a .12 bullet.............
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

Firing squad, at the local rifle range, charge admission.
It'll pay for itself.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Cigarette and a Firing Squad.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]
The same way they killed their victim if death occurred. Otherwise, burn them at the stake
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Who needs sharp blades, it will hurt more......
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Giant deli meat slicer.  Start at the feet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Do it the Chinese way.  Take them to a field, give them a shovel to dig a hole and then you get one AK or MAK round to the back of the head.  Wolf ammo is less then $.10 a round.  Then you get the next guy to fill in the hole.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Have them dig their own grave and have  the next guy next to him fill it in while he still alive.......No cost at all
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#17]
.22LR to the back of the head...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Firing squad
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#19]
The owner of the local hobby store was on the lottery to be a shooter on the firing squad for the last criminal firing squad in Utah.

He is still angry about not getting on it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd save up a years worth of criminals and have a PPV cage match.  The poor bastards who get in last are screwed.  Hah.  Anyway, no holds barred, ass whoopin fest fight to the death.  Throw 250-500 guys in a fenced in area about the size of a football field and have swords, knives, axes scattered around the field.  Last man standing gets a free meal.  Then dies.

It'd be interesting to see the pack mentality at work on that.  One guy with axe, 5 guys without.  Interesting to see if they work together or get slain alone.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Firing squad

Too many bullets wasted and too messy.  You can do it the Poncho Villa executed his prisoners in the movie.  Put them together in a row and see how many you get kill with one bullet.

Or instead of shooting skeet or pheasants out of a box, you get a cage full of pedophiles and get a shooter.  Open the cage and make the pedophiles run.  No bag limit!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
As long as they end up dead I guess its effective.

I personally thing life in solitary confinement with no clocks, calendars, or human socialization would be a better punishment. Money well spent. Then a again I think all prisoners should live in solitary with no time keeping abilities, no tv, no books, no pencils, no other human contact. That woud be some seriously crappy time to do. 1yr would sure drag on. If you are convicted of murder? Either solitary of hard labor till death.

or you could always push a wooden chair with prisoner under the Space Shuttle just before a launch.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Lethal injection, BUT with a twist...

Strap them to a table, stick a needle in the arm, and give them a shot, BUT all the shot will do is stop the breathing, they will live for a few minutes, fighting to breath, but not be able to, they will panic, and know the fear and dread that thier victims felt just before they died.

Or the guillatine, I like that one.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#24]
wkenneth1, the Romans did something simillar...they put their criminals in an arena and had re-enactments of famous battles. Winning side got to live another day...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Lethal injection, BUT with a twist...

Strap them to a table, stick a needle in the arm, and give them a shot, BUT all the shot will do is stop the breathing, they will live for a few minutes, fighting to breath, but not be able to, they will panic, and know the fear and dread that thier victims felt just before they died.

Or the guillatine, I like that one.

succinylcholine
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Wood chipper, Mulch pile. Nuf said.

Feet first.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I've always promoted the ol' wood chipper idea, but in a practical sense, I honestly believe our nation would be stronger and greater if executions were carried out as public hangings.  Nothing is better.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#28]
By the time all the appeals are done, it costs more to execute than to put a guy in jail for life.  That's what I've heard anyway.  As long as it costs a ton of money in the court system, I don't think it matters if we go ahead and spring for an additional $20,000 for a lethal injection, complete with a sterile needle, sleeping pill to ease anxiety, and alchol prep.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

I am not really against it, but I do wonder if it really deters crime? In theory it sounds like it would but somehow I think it doesnt work the way we think.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#30]
.45 to the skull
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#31]
If no one else has mentioned it yet (?) I've always been fond of Belt-Sanders
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#32]
If a convict has killed someone they should die the exact same way their victim did.

Hell other than that....harvest their organs.......feed the rest to moslem swine in Gitmo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I'd save up a years worth of criminals and have a PPV cage match.  The poor bastards who get in last are screwed.  Hah.  Anyway, no holds barred, ass whoopin fest fight to the death.  Throw 250-500 guys in a fenced in area about the size of a football field and have swords, knives, axes scattered around the field.  Last man standing gets a free meal.  Then dies.

It'd be interesting to see the pack mentality at work on that.  One guy with axe, 5 guys without.  Interesting to see if they work together or get slain alone.

You're sick. When can we start?

I'd do it kinda like the Roman gladiators. The winner gets first dibs on weapons for the next match. And there'll be a couple of snipers in case anyone gets too uppity.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

Actually, burn them alive on national TV.  After watching them flail around screaming, future criminals may just give that line of work a second thought.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I think somehow we could incorporate all of the ideas posted in this thread.  Have a wood chipper in one corner, guys up high with rifles to send a round into anyone who decides they dont wanna play by the rules.  I think it could all work.  Just make sure to point the wood chipper into the middle of the playing field so the guys could have a makeshift mud pit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

I am not really against it, but I do wonder if it really deters crime? In theory it sounds like it would but somehow I think it doesnt work the way we think.

Its the death penalty, not the death deterent.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#37]
The old medieval punishment, the WHEEL.    

The victim, naked, was stretched out supine on the ground or on the execution dock, with his or her limbs spread, and tied to stakes or iron rings. Stout wooden crosspieces were placed under the wrists, elbows, ankles, knees and hips. The executioner then smashed limb after limb and joint after joint, including the shoulders and hips, with the iron-tyred edge of the wheel, but avoiding fatal blows. The victim was transformed, according to the observations of a seventeenth-century German chronicler, “into a sort of huge screaming puppet writhing in rivulets of blood, a puppet with four tentacles, like a sea monster, of raw, slimy and shapeless flesh (rohw, schleymig und formlos Fleisch wie di Schleuch eines Tündenfischs) mixed up with splinters of smashed bones”. Thereafter the shattered limbs were “braided” into the spokes of the large wheel, and the victim hoisted up horizontally to the top of a pole, where the crows ripped away bits of flesh and pecked out eyes. Death came after what was probably the longest and most atrocious agony that the ingenuousness of the power structure could inflict.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#38]
organ doners, dissect as needed.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

I'm trying to remember the exact quote something like, better a gallows in the town square than a guillotine at the palace.

Basically it's a way to both subjugate, and placate, the masses.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting, but a bit too Roman-esque.     A sure sign of a decadent, depraved society that's doomed is when stuff like that happens.

Here's a better idea:   Give SOME of the death row convicts an opportunity.   That opportunity is to
do a job for .gov.    Somebody in another country needs to be killed.     You do it.   Succeed,  and as
far as America is concerned, you are free and not wanted for anything as long as you don't try to
return to America.   Fail, and you're probably dead.    Try to come back, and you will die.

Take this mission, and your family ( if you have one and they're not your victims) will be quietly
given a nice support package, too.   But otherwise,  America will disavow all knowledge of your existence.  Your records will disappear, in time.

CJ

Essentially a forlorn hope.
I don't know, it's gotta be hard to sheep dip a convicted criminal, especially if it made the papers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#42]
<<shudder>>

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Draw and Quarter
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Interesting, but a bit too Roman-esque.     A sure sign of a decadent, depraved society that's doomed is when stuff like that happens.

Here's a better idea:   Give SOME of the death row convicts an opportunity.   That opportunity is to
do a job for .gov.    Somebody in another country needs to be killed.     You do it.   Succeed,  and as
far as America is concerned, you are free and not wanted for anything as long as you don't try to
return to America.   Fail, and you're probably dead.    Try to come back, and you will die.

Take this mission, and your family ( if you have one and they're not your victims) will be quietly
given a nice support package, too.   But otherwise,  America will disavow all knowledge of your existence.  Your records will disappear, in time.

CJ

I like

As a Christain I view the death penalty as us sending the cirminal to the ultimate judge for judgement.  There for their death should be as quick and painless as possible.  Within logical limits.  Not something too expensive.  Not something slow and painful.  Many cheap things have the benefit of being relativly fast and well less painful.  

Bullet to the head.  Fast and really only a flash of pain before you're gone
Guilitine... I believe the brain can survive for about 3-5 seconds without O2...  
Hanging if done right snaps the neck... very fast... plus you get this nice falling sensation
I supose you could load a bunch on a plane and fly over a miltary bombing range and open the bomb bay doors.  Then they get a free sky diving experience before they go splat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#45]
How about load them up in a C130, attach a 50# surplus chain to their ankles and drop them off out at sea, from about 10,000 feet up with no chute? Even if they do shit their pants, you won't have to clean up.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
How about load them up in a C130, attach a 50# surplus chain to their ankles and drop them off out at sea, from about 10,000 feet up with no chute? Even if they do shit their pants, you won't have to clean up.

Plus all the man eating sharks get there fill and therefore don't attack swimmers

isn't it nice to give back to nature
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I say we turn Iraqi into our penal colony...................................its a win for all concerned. first we free the convicts and arm , give them land on the condition they don't return to the US. Their families can visit and move there and ect. second Our prison population should turn the insurgency in oh a matter of days just in sheer numbers we could put on the ground.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Realistically speaking, Nitrogen Asphyxiation would be one way to go. Nitrogen is the main part of the air that we breath and nitrogen to the exclusion of oxygen causes asphyxiation and death without the feeling of suffocation. The victim hardly notices it at all, they just get sleepy and loose consciousness.

The cost of the execution itself would be comparatively small and penitentiaries that were already equipped with a gas chamber could easily be converted to Nitrogen.

Venting the gas after the execution is environmentally sound, there would be no danger of leaks...

Why the hell it hasn't been adopted is beyond me...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#49]
A huge ass centrifuge....... dump half a dozen in at a time and seperate the evil right out of them!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

I like

As a Christain I view the death penalty as us sending the cirminal to the ultimate judge for judgement.  There for their death should be as quick and painless as possible.  Within logical limits.  Not something too expensive.  Not something slow and painful.  Many cheap things have the benefit of being relativly fast and well less painful.  

Bullet to the head.  Fast and really only a flash of pain before you're gone
Guilitine... I believe the brain can survive for about 3-5 seconds without O2...  
Hanging if done right snaps the neck... very fast... plus you get this nice falling sensation
I supose you could load a bunch on a plane and fly over a miltary bombing range and open the bomb bay doors.  Then they get a free sky diving experience before they go splat.

That's probally the sickest and funniest thing I've herd all day.

That being said why not use them for science.  
Namely balistic science.  
Shoot them with a variety of bullets until they die.

Any ones left over let the home loaders and such have their share at them.
I'm sure victom's families will get enjoyment out of knowing that the offendent was used for 'good' testing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top