Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The Andre Chikatilo way out was easy enough. Walk the prisoner into a room, tell them to look forward and one 9mm to the back of the head.
Hell, run a lottery for the pull the trigger honor and most states can will cure their budget woes almost overnight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
There are plenty of surplus 1903 & M1 Garands around.

Pass them out, take up a collection for ammo & blanks.  Sight them in for 25 yards (how hard can it be?)

Oh yeah, convicted felons should be forced to watch.

Ready, Aim, Fire.

Fire up the oven, flush the ashes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
.22LR to the back of the head...

Then thrown to the pigs
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Beaten to death with Cat of Nine Tails.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Have a lottery on AR15.com.  Winners are placed on firing squad.  Money given to victims/ victim's family.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As long as they end up dead I guess its effective.

I personally thing life in solitary confinement with no clocks, calendars, or human socialization would be a better punishment. Money well spent. Then a again I think all prisoners should live in solitary with no time keeping abilities, no tv, no books, no pencils, no other human contact. That woud be some seriously crappy time to do. 1yr would sure drag on. If you are convicted of murder? Either solitary of hard labor till death.

or you could always push a wooden chair with prisoner under the Space Shuttle just before a launch.

Budwiser should do one of those "Real American Genius" commercials after you!

Make all the pedophiles live in solitary confinement with each other. That's a better idea..they'll go crazy on each other...

Ben
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Firing squad.  Line them up and you may even get a two-fer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm glad to know that so many of you have so much in common with Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Pol Pot, and so many others.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

And an excellent public display.

I am not really against it, but I do wonder if it really deters crime? In theory it sounds like it would but somehow I think it doesn't work the way we think.

I think it would be an effective deterrent.

A local printer's granddad had left him many tape recordings of his childhood growing up in western Colo. The printer used them for quite some time in his radio ad's.

Granddad related how he attended a public hanging when he was 10-ish. (I don't remember what he said his age was.) It so scared him he said he would not go out after dark for several weeks and was terribly afraid of doing anything that might lead him to the gallows.

I think public hangings work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not turn the criminal over to the family that was affected by his actions? You could cut costs, and then the people who were directly hurt by the action would be responsible for the punishment.
If you were convicted of a capital offense, they have the option to kill you or not, depending on their own desire for your death.

GT
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Do it the Chinese way.  Take them to a field, give them a shovel to dig a hole and then you get one AK or MAK round to the back of the head.  Wolf ammo is less then $.10 a round.  Then you get the next guy to fill in the hole.

It's actually done with a pistol.  I have friends who have been living in China for many years and it really, truly is done this way.  I dunno about the "dig a hole" part.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Anything that involves a slow and painfull end. I can think of a few, at least.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]
There was a movie some time back, Tommy Lee Jones was a warden of a prison overseeing an execution.  Someone asked him, "Warden, do you think, just for a tiny fraction of a second, when the current hits their brain, that they feel it?"

Tommy Lee Jones answered, "Oh, Lord, I sure hope so!"    
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#14]
How about impaling them on a stake through the anus that continues to drive deeper with gravity to assist.

Place the stake in a fenced off area in the prison yard for his homies to watch the tuff-guy suffer for a few days while the birds peck out his eyes.

And if he is a child molester tie him 4-point him and then whack off his sack and allow some kind of bugs to start eating through them in the access point provided.

Of course have this all pumped out on a local cable access chanel for all to watch, this might help all thinking of doing something stupid with thier lives to rething thier wayward ideas and conform to a realistic hobby/career path.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I do not see a reason to make them suffer.
I say hanging is fine.
Electrocution is OK but expensive.
Lethal injection is probably the most humane but again expensive.
Old age is mostly how we do it in CA very expensive and a waste of a good jail cell for many years.
I say a firing squad is best. 6 guys with 30-06's 1 blank 5 good rounds. Aim for the heart.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#16]
the best way is the cheapest way
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm glad to know that so many of you have so much in common with Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Pol Pot, and so many others.  

What the fuck are you talking about?
We are not talking about taking innocent people out of thier beds and night and just killing them.
We are talking about convicted criminals who have been sentenced to die because of the terrible crime or crimes they have committed.  Nothing like Hitler or Pol-Pot you moron.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Any ones left over let the home loaders and such have their share at them.
I'm sure victom's families will get enjoyment out of knowing that the offendent was used for 'good' testing.

Death Penalty Box O' Truth!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#20]
i'm supprised that nobody has suggested that we just send them to that farm in washington and let the horse have it's way.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are not talking about taking innocent people out of thier beds and night and just killing them.
We are talking about convicted criminals who have been sentenced to die because of the terrible crime or crimes they have committed.  Nothing like Hitler or Pol-Pot you moron.

I really hope it never happens but his mind will change when a loved one is a victim.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:42:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I say use them in Military Training.

Every platoon of Army and Marine troops in Basic gets to do a mock battle with an even or greater number of crimnals. The Troops are given real guns with lots of ammo. The criminals are given paintball guns. No prisoners.

Or for the Air Force... Put a criminal in an unarmed target drone... No ejection seat... Makes for better target practice for the F-16 pilots and their AIM-120 Slammer missiles than a normal robot drone.

Not sure how to use them for the navy...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Use them to test the next generation of self defense ammunition for military and civilian markets.

No more guessing what the rounds do, test it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Have them dig their own grave and have  the next guy next to him fill it in while he still alive.......No cost at all

If memory serves me correctly, they then send a bill for the cost of the bullet to the next of kin.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Chain them to the launch pad right underneath the space shuttle during launches.  Broadcast it live over the internet as a crime deterrent and entertainment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

And can last 600 years and up! They still hang men in some countries... rope from some of the first European trader in Africa and Asia!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

And an excellent public display.

+1,000,000 on public hangings
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm pretty sure I have more ammo than there are people on death row.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Public castration followed, although not too quickly, by a draino ennema. Shake, rattle, and roll, baby! See ya in Hell!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Y'know those iron foundry places that they use to melt guns?
Well, perhaps we could use them to destroy the TRUE cause of crime, that being the criminal himself.
Mmmmm smelting goodness.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Hanging, let them dance at the end of the long rope.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I would favor the use of a cheese grater to execute the condemned.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Just starve them to death. Somewhere out in the desert, you could chain them together, and let them rot. The vultures would have a field day.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got some video of an actual execution in Afghanistan taken about 20 years ago.

Two perps and a firing squad. Nothing fancy, no blindfolds, both just handcuffed to a post out in the open. One of the perps looks resigned (looks almost bored.) The other one is shitting-bricks, screaming and begging for his life.

A cop hands 3 AK's to 3 bereieved family members, 2 men about 25-30 years old and one old man who appears to be in his 60's or 70's. The old man is still in tears, apparently crying for a murdered loved one...

The cop gives the 3 family members a quick once-over on how to operate the AK's and the show is over.

The old man is allowed to walk up to the 2 (smoking corpses) and finish off the last of his 30 round mag into their bodies after they have both hit the ground. He then spits on one of the corpses after he runs out the mag.

and that is supposed to be a bass-ackward answer???
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I favor letting the victims family kill them the way they killed their victims, God said "vengence is mine" so. . . just push them off the side of a high mountain. (no cost and fun to watch! )
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Budwiser should do one of those "Real American Genius" commercials after you!

Make all the pedophiles live in solitary confinement with each other. That's a better idea..they'll go crazy on each other...

Ben

HUH??
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Tree (or Gallows), Rope

Shovel, Lime, Dirt.

nuf said.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Garroting.

I stumbled upon this pic by accident...

Then Googled and found this one...

The first one is kind'a strange, the condemed seems pretty relaxed about it.

Twisted sense of humor that I have, both pictures remind me of  any Three Stooges short where Moe has
Curlys head clamped down in a vice or printing press.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Do it the Chinese way.  Take them to a field, give them a shovel to dig a hole and then you get one AK or MAK round to the back of the head.  Wolf ammo is less then $.10 a round.  Then you get the next guy to fill in the hole.

Then send the bill for the round to his family.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then send the bill for the round to his family.

Plus tax, of course!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
organ doners, dissect as needed.

China has been doing that for a while now. They put the condemned under GA and harvest away. Once they have everything worth saving, the leftovers go out with the trash.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I am not really against it, but I do wonder if it really deters crime?

Let's forget about deterrents and focus on punishment.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Wraith, I fixed it for you...

Quoted:
Wood chipper on very slow feed, feet first, Mulch pile. Nuf said.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Take them to the desert.  Make them dig their own graves.  One to the head.  Fill in the hole.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the personal attack.

I don't care what crime they have committed or against how many people.  Torture is torture and it is virtually always wrong, and any exceptions are IMHO very rare and extremely limited.

Let me quote something you may not be familiar with:

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

I consider this, like the rest of the Bill of Rights, to be a fundamentally good idea.  I consider intentionally using a method of execution that is designed to cause pain and suffering before death to be improper, immoral, and in violation of the eighth amendment.

Perhaps you don't consider the Bill of Rights to be an important document containing important ideas.  I do.  If you sentence someone to death, their execution should be carried out by the most painless and humane means available with no regard to the nature of their crime.

Jim
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really hope it never happens but his mind will change when a loved one is a victim.

No.  I would want vengeance as anyone would.  But I do not expect society to help me achieve vengeance--I expect society to pursue justice.

Jim
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Wood chipper, Mulch pile. Nuf said.

My grandfather had a hammer mill, very similar to a wood chipper but was used to turn ear corn into meal to feed the cattle - a little protein in the mix?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Hanging. Rope is cheap.

And re-useable.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top