Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/28/2017 5:01:44 PM EDT
So with the ICSR set to begin testing in 9 days, with the end goal being to equip all front line troops with a new rifle...one that fires the new XM1158 ADVAP ammunition we now see what it is Milley fears and why he feels this is the best path going forward for our soldiers.

Now I in no way think Russia even has this technology even close to being what they say it is, but this right here is what Milley fears and why he feels we need a new 7.62 rifle and bullet.

No matter what you or I think this is what the current Army Chief of Staff fears, this is the driving force behind NATICK developing a new ADVAP(Advaned Armor Piercing) round in 7.62 and why he is pushing out the ICSR on such a fast time frame.

I present to you the RATNIK-3. Russia's new combat armor system.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/28/army-2017-update-russian-ratnik-3-equipment/

The helmet of Ratnik-3 will be equipped with an advanced aiming system. It will automatically calculate the distance to the target as well as all the variables like the wind speed and direction, the temperature of air etc. Having the projectile ballistics data, it will calculate the point of aim. So all the soldier will have to do is to match the point of aim with the target and pull the trigger. It will also have a “corner shooting” possibility allowing to shoot from cover without exposing the shooter himself.

Besides providing protection for eyes and ears, the helmet will also have a built in gas mask. In case of hazardous elements detected in the air, it will automatically activate the gas mask. The helmet will allow the soldier to control various unmanned vehicles in the field as well as receive and send data to other soldiers and command centers. It will also continuously collect data concerning soldier’s health status and will be able to electrically stimulate the soldier’s brain if needed.
View Quote

One of the officials said that the body armor will be able to withstand more than ten hits of different bullets. Well, this statement makes more questions than gives answers. What caliber and type of bullets it is rated for? Is it better than existing types of armors and levels of protection?
View Quote

The Ratnik-3 suit will be covered with a special compound which will be able to change its color depending on the background thus becoming an active camouflage.

The exoskeleton will be one of the most important features of the Ratnik-3, too.
View Quote

The weapon system will be a combination of an assault rifle and grenade launcher. The grenades will be self-guiding “fire-and-forget” type. Unfortunately, there are no details concerning the weapon itself. In one of the images, it is fed by linked, telescoped and polymer-cased ammunition.
View Quote

The final appearance of the Ratnik-3 will be shown by the end of this year. It will probably be issued in 15 to 20 years.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
joglee thread
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, the Russians are as good at fake soldier systems as we are. I am impressed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
joglee thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
joglee thread
Don't hate, the ICSR begins September 6'th.

Quoted:
Wow, the Russians are as good at fake soldier systems as we are. I am impressed.
Yes, but if you read what Russia says this does...It's everything Milley gave as a reason for the ICSR.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm skeptical the Russians can field those in any realistic numbers.

5.56 is still a better choice IMO.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't they just spend a bunch of money on the new 5.56 round? Russia doesn't have enough money to field these power armor suits in any significant quantity even if they do work as claimed. 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't they just spend a bunch of money on the new 5.56 round? Russia doesn't have enough money to field these suits in any significant quantity even if they do work as claimed. 
View Quote
Yes and the money spent on M855A1 is being put into the M80A1 for the ICSR, so it's not a total loss as M855A1 led to M80A1. Also now NATICK has the new XM1158 ADVAP.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a lot of chafing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I like how their "exoskeleton" is nothing but a mishmash of endlinks and balljoints. None of which even support loading or movement locations.

What kind of tards are falling for this?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#9]
as long as the DOD sells all of their surplus 5.56mm ammo, and 5,56mm rifle parts, magazines etc  to the public, I really don't care what rifle they go to.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#10]
lol.....is about all that suit rates.

But it does like like it'd go well with an Iranian cardboard stealth fighter.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh bullshit...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#12]
"We have to have new weapons and gear to close this combat armor gap!"

I'm not seeing a big need for the hype right now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#13]
He's worried about an armor system at a trade show?  Horse shit.  If he's the one pushing this, then he has a nice job waiting for him upon retirement or a new house.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#14]
LoL, I seriously doubt some fantasy exo suite slated for production 15yrs from now is the driver.

Most likely this stuff is.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL!  Riiight...

I would be more inclined to believe that the Army CoS fears not getting a sweet job after retirement with a big weapons manufacturer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He's worried about an armor system at a trade show?  Horse shit.  If he's the one pushing this, then he has a nice job waiting for him upon retirement or a new house.
View Quote
Army Chief of Staff Milley has been on record before congress, before the ICSR came out that we needed to adopt a new 7.62 rifle firing the new XM1158 to defeat upcoming threats with Russian body armor...Here we are, the "upcoming Russian body armor threat".
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LoL, I seriously doubt some fantasy exo suite slated for production 15yrs from now is the driver.

Most likely this stuff is.
http://armyrecognition.com/images/stories/news/2016/may/Russian_soldiers_will_receive_new_6B43_B45_body_armour_and_6B47_combat_helmets_640_001.jpg
View Quote
That stuff is only NIJ III rated, or GOST-R V(which is equivalent to NIJ III).
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Or we could go back to 19O3A3 Springfields and learn to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Skynet + Robocop + Starship Troopers all rolled into one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like how their "exoskeleton" is nothing but a mishmash of endlinks and balljoints. None of which even support loading or movement locations.

What kind of tards are falling for this?
View Quote
Apparently, they have a shit ton of stars. 

Mattis needs to fire some motherfuckers. 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm skeptical the Russians can field those in any realistic numbers.

5.56 is still a better choice IMO.
View Quote
It won't make it to the battlefield.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Hit them with a fog of paint spray then hit them with gas.

To see to get out of the gas they will have to open the visor.

I bet the suit goes fucky in the rain - yup just a simple bit of rain will down half that capability and the rusting will slow down the rest.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I suspect that some Afghan, with a 100 year old Enfield, would be able to defeat this new armor.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#24]
LOL. I fucking knew it was going to be something this stupid. Milley is attempting to recreate the conditions of the US Army faced during the Cold War, he'll cry wolf Russia hard enough and maybe the Army once again gets showered with the funds of a larger slice of the DOD budget. With a lot of the GWOT money gone the best way the Army remains relevant is to get funded for, equip for, and train for for a war that can't happen now for the same reason it didn't happen in the last cold war.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I suspect that some Afghan, with a 100 year old Enfield, would be able to defeat this new armor.
View Quote
shit, just smack some paintballs from a paintball gun onto that visor.  

THUNK THUNK THUNK -- "Comrade Squad Leader, cannot see shitski!"
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Army Chief of Staff Milley has been on record before congress, before the ICSR came out that we needed to adopt a new 7.62 rifle firing the new XM1158 to defeat upcoming threats with Russian body armor...Here we are, the "upcoming Russian body armor threat".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, who doesn't lie to Congress nowadays?

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Soon...

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bet their cinematic special effects guys made it for them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Those poor bastards have barely mastered socks, now they're going to field power armor?

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:57:22 PM EDT
[#30]
If General Milley genuinely fears this Russian vaporware mock up, he's incompetent and needs to be relieved.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#31]

The Russians are reading old Dale Brown books!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#32]
What I want to know is how is that thing powered and how long can it run? Because once the batteries crap out on it all it is is a bunch of metal strapped to your back.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What I want to know is how is that thing powered and how long can it run? Because once the batteries crap out on it all it is is a bunch of metal strapped to your back.
View Quote
It doesn't exist. Milley is just getting a head start.

So 15 years from now when the Russians finally manage to get the money and production squared away to equip a battalion of Spetnaz or VDV infantry wearing these, then Milley, having figured out a way to fight a major combat operation against Russia without nukes, will have the US Army nationally equipped with the rifles capable of taking out mech armor who will then slaughter that battalion of Russians.  

Check mate, Comrade!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It doesn't exist. Milley is just getting a head start.

So 15 years from now when the Russians finally manage to get the money and production squared away to equip a battalion of Spetnaz or VDV infantry wearing these, then Milley, having figured out a way to fight a major combat operation against Russia without nukes, will have the US Army nationally equipped with the rifles capable of taking out mech armor who will then slaughter that battalion of Russians.  

Check mate, Comrade!
View Quote
That is probably the best put statement on the Interim Combat Service Rifle I have seen yet.

Milley is preparing the Army for a future war that will never happen, against a peer nation that won't ever field the armor we are developing rounds and buying guns to defeat.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Article is RETARDED.

in 10 to 15 years we will be fighting with autonomous drones both land and air.

Why put a person in Harms way..... we really don't need to now.

We just need to field the current technology level.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Soon- all of the training,practice, and stock piling  of guns and ammo will be useless.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If General Milley genuinely fears this Russian vaporware mock up, he's incompetent and needs to be relieved.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#38]
STOP the insanity

joglee thread
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Disappointment.

I was expecting zombies or the Night King and his legions of the dead.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
STOP the insanity

joglee thread
View Quote
It may be insanity, but it is happening!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No matter what you or I think this is what the current Army Chief of Staff fears, this is the driving force behind NATICK developing a new ADVAP(Advaned Armor Piercing) round in 7.62 and why he is pushing out the ICSR on such a fast time frame.
View Quote
Has Milley actually stated that RATNIK-3 is the reason for the ICSR program, or is it just your speculation?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So with the ICSR set to begin testing in 9 days, with the end goal being to equip all front line troops with a new rifle...one that fires the new XM1158 ADVAP ammunition we now see what it is Milley fears and why he feels this is the best path going forward for our soldiers.

Now I in no way think Russia even has this technology even close to being what they say it is, but this right here is what Milley fears and why he feels we need a new 7.62 rifle and bullet.

I present to you the RATNIK-3. Russia's new combat armor system.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/28/army-2017-update-russian-ratnik-3-equipment/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Ratnik-3.jpg
The helmet of Ratnik-3 will be equipped with an advanced aiming system. It will automatically calculate the distance to the target as well as all the variables like the wind speed and direction, the temperature of air etc. Having the projectile ballistics data, it will calculate the point of aim. So all the soldier will have to do is to match the point of aim with the target and pull the trigger. It will also have a “corner shooting” possibility allowing to shoot from cover without exposing the shooter himself.

Besides providing protection for eyes and ears, the helmet will also have a built in gas mask. In case of hazardous elements detected in the air, it will automatically activate the gas mask. The helmet will allow the soldier to control various unmanned vehicles in the field as well as receive and send data to other soldiers and command centers. It will also continuously collect data concerning soldier’s health status and will be able to electrically stimulate the soldier’s brain if needed.
View Quote
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Ratnik-3-1.jpg
One of the officials said that the body armor will be able to withstand more than ten hits of different bullets. Well, this statement makes more questions than gives answers. What caliber and type of bullets it is rated for? Is it better than existing types of armors and levels of protection?
View Quote
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Ratnik-3-4.jpg
The Ratnik-3 suit will be covered with a special compound which will be able to change its color depending on the background thus becoming an active camouflage.

The exoskeleton will be one of the most important features of the Ratnik-3, too.
View Quote
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Ratnik-3-5.jpg
The weapon system will be a combination of an assault rifle and grenade launcher. The grenades will be self-guiding “fire-and-forget” type. Unfortunately, there are no details concerning the weapon itself. In one of the images, it is fed by linked, telescoped and polymer-cased ammunition.
View Quote
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Ratnik-3-2.jpg
The final appearance of the Ratnik-3 will be shown by the end of this year. It will probably be issued in 15 to 20 years.
View Quote
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
joglee thread
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Has Milley actually stated that is the reason for the ICSR program, or is it just your speculation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has Milley actually stated that is the reason for the ICSR program, or is it just your speculation?
Yes, Milley has said repeatedly that the 7.62 NATO push was to defeat body armor worn by Near Peer opponents that forward deployed Soldiers face right now. That means Russia, he's referencing Operation Atlantic Resolve. I'm also pretty sure he flat out said Russians before, as he's all about reinventing the Cold War Russian threat to revamp the Army back into the fighting force designed to fight the impossible war against Russia. He's using Russia as justification for a total overhaul of the Army to get it back into the conventional war game, even though right now the Army has multiple BCTs deployed in combat theaters and not a one of them is targeting conventional forces. Furthermore, numerous other SMEs involved on the US Army side tasked with working this project have also flat out said that this is solely based on Russian armor threat.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Concur. It is quite illogical to think that an urgent program which is meant to field an off-the-shelf 7.62 rifle as quickly as possible, would be motivated by a body armor threat that won't exist for at least 15 years.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Now we need microwave weapons to short their nifty electronic exo suits out
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Concur. It is quite illogical to think that an urgent program which is meant to field an off-the-shelf 7.62 rifle as quickly as possible, would be motivated by a body armor threat that won't exist for at least 15 years.
View Quote
Well, to be fair, that is the most convincing reason presented for this stupid .308 bullshit so far....
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#48]
None of this will materialize. Some higher up needs to stop this. Waste of money.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well, who doesn't lie to Congress nowadays?

View Quote
Who doesn't Congress lie to?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
None of this will materialize. Some higher up needs to stop this. Waste of money.....
View Quote
Who?

Congress chose to side with the Army Chief of Staff. If he has congress on his side what "higher up" is there to stop him?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top