Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/21/2017 4:32:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Hahaha never gets old

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Jokes on you, I got high on the 19th instead! 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:49:39 AM EDT
[#3]
No thanks. I don't care what my employees do between 5:01PM and 7:59AM
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Federally mandated random screenings at my job.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I won't be drug testing myself today, it's Friday. Time for a whiskey.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I got piss tested two weeks in a row after spring break it's just a pain in the ass
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Based on how many HS students I see smoking weed just off school property, if they ever ran a K9 through the school they would probably have to suspend half the students.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Shit at one construction I was at I got picked as the random guy every freaken week to the point where the lab was like nope tell them to send someone else. Not that I minded since I didn't do anything and got paid for it.

I'd show up at the shop, go through the morning meeting. Get called into the office and be waiting around forever before being told to go for testing. After the first few times I got smart. I'd stop and pick up breakfast sandwiches or coffee n doughnuts. Get to the lab and say hi to the women by name, get the tv controller from them. They would be "really backed up".... Probably because we were watching TV and having breakfast.... Get back to the shop just in time to grab the truck, run a load to the job site and dump before lunch. Then take my lunch lol

Come to find out they weren't singling me out. They knew I was clean so they were using me. The lab and or the insurance company got smart and gave them shit. 2 or 3 other guys failed
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean you hold your employees accountable only when working and gaining a pay check?

What a weird concept.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:15:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Based on how many HS students I see smoking weed just off school property, if they ever ran a K9 through the school they would probably have to suspend half the students.
View Quote
Probably half the teacher too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You mean you hold your employees accountable only when working and gaining a pay check?

What a weird concept.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been wanting drug testing for years.

The owner is like "So you and 4 other guys are going to do all of the work?". (about 40 employees)
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:19:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a weird concept.
This
3X
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The owner is like "So you and 4 other guys are going to do all of the work?". (about 40 employees)
View Quote
You willing to take a paycheck for that buddy?  They're not cheap.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
it'll still show
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You willing to take a paycheck for that buddy?  They're not cheap.
View Quote
Drug tests aren't expensive.

If they are worth what they cost is another question entirely.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got piss tested two weeks in a row after spring break it's just a pain in the ass
View Quote
That's not how drug tests are supposed to be conducted.

I think you're being manipulated and may have a sexual harassment claim.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Shit at one construction I was at I got picked as the random guy every freaken week to the point where the lab was like nope tell them to send someone else. Not that I minded since I didn't do anything and got paid for it.

I'd show up at the shop, go through the morning meeting. Get called into the office and be waiting around forever before being told to go for testing. After the first few times I got smart. I'd stop and pick up breakfast sandwiches or coffee n doughnuts. Get to the lab and say hi to the women by name, get the tv controller from them. They would be "really backed up".... Probably because we were watching TV and having breakfast.... Get back to the shop just in time to grab the truck, run a load to the job site and dump before lunch. Then take my lunch lol

Come to find out they weren't singling me out. They knew I was clean so they were using me. The lab and or the insurance company got smart and gave them shit. 2 or 3 other guys failed
View Quote
I have often suspected that I was being used for the same thing in the Reserves.. It just seemed funny that I always got picked for the piss test.. almost every month..
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#20]
In the middle of a 100% test now.  2 people already just walked right out.

I know you white collar guys probably think this is BS but whenever someone gets hurt on the job they get tested.  The last thing I want is an incident where someone hurts someone and then pisses hot so the more we can "weed out" (no pun intended, most people are failing for pain pills/adderall/meth lately anyway) ahead of time the better.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
it'll still show
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it'll still show
thatsthejoke.png
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's why you da man
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#23]
We are currently in the process of transitioning to the ownership of a new company next week, of which they will keep us on staff up to 90 days, at which point we will receive a healthy retention payment/severance. This is of course contingent on not being fired "for cause", but I am curious if they are going to randomly drug test people up here to try and weed out some people and save that money. Considering that current employer never drug tests, I'm sure it would pop at least a handful of people.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#24]
this job is the only one I ever had to pee in a cup. passed with flying colors....
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
this job is the only one I ever had to pee in a cup. passed with flying colors....
View Quote
Was that because of the acid or the DMT?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's usually insurance companies the pressure employers to do these tests.  That's why even if they legalize weed you still won't be able to use it and keep a good job at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, that's about right.

Hell, I've even got a situation where one of the owners of my company had an employee get him some weed.
Discussed the deal openly in our office and then did the transaction in the parking lot at the end of the work day.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In the middle of a 100% test now.  2 people already just walked right out.

I know you white collar guys probably think this is BS but whenever someone gets hurt on the job they get tested.  The last thing I want is an incident where someone hurts someone and then pisses hot so the more we can "weed out" (no pun intended, most people are failing for pain pills/adderall/meth lately anyway) ahead of time the better.
View Quote
Pissing hot and being high on the job aren't the same thing. Your insurance, OSHA, any other regulatory agency only cares about your ability to implement and maintain a reasonable level of due diligence to ensure your employees aren't loaded at work.

If they piss hot after an incident, it's on them, not you, if you have an active drug-free workforce policy in place and you had no reason to believe they were coming to work high.

What you just parroted is the same dumb shit employers have been squawking about since Nixon. Gotta get them dopers. You'll note that they only breathalyze people for the amount of ETOH in their system at that moment. The same should be true for other mind altering substances. If you can't prove that the employee was high on the job, it shouldn't matter that they were high at some point in the last few weeks.

Now, if you, as an employer, just don't want to hire drug users .... fine. Just say that. Don't make up a bunch of fictitious arguments with no bearing in the realities of the day to day "blue collar" job sites. Also, if you, as an employee, don't want to work with dopers ... quit. Don't go crying about how they need to be fired because they prefer to take pills or smoke dope instead of getting loaded on their free time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Back in the 70's some of us got word that the local cops had this fancy new drug sniffing dog and the principal wanted to let the dog run the lockers.  
Well, several people of dubious interest went and found some ditch weed and wiped lightly said ditch across a very good number of lockers by the lower vents in the HS the night before.  

Let's just say that dog was a one and done in my school.  
After the first several lockers and not finding anything they left.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I couldn't imagine working in an environment where you are tested for anything that you might do on your own time.
"you're fired because you tested positive for weed/gunpowder/powdered sugar"......really?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a weird concept.
This
So you are Ok with your employees getting stoned, shooting up, snorting or popping pills a half hour before going to your job site?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think I won't be drug testing myself today, it's Friday. Time for a whiskey.
View Quote
You posted that at like 730am, General Grant
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Back in the 70's some of us got word that the local cops had this fancy new drug sniffing dog and the principal wanted to let the dog run the lockers.  
Well, several people of dubious interest went and found some ditch weed and wiped lightly said ditch across a very good number of lockers by the lower vents in the HS the night before.  

Let's just say that dog was a one and done in my school.  
After the first several lockers and not finding anything they left.
View Quote
Wow, exceptionally intelligent stoners.  Who knew...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pissing hot and being high on the job aren't the same thing. Your insurance, OSHA, any other regulatory agency only cares about your ability to implement and maintain a reasonable level of due diligence to ensure your employees aren't loaded at work.

If they piss hot after an incident, it's on them, not you, if you have an active drug-free workforce policy in place and you had no reason to believe they were coming to work high.

What you just parroted is the same dumb shit employers have been squawking about since Nixon. Gotta get them dopers. You'll note that they only breathalyze people for the amount of ETOH in their system at that moment. The same should be true for other mind altering substances. If you can't prove that the employee was high on the job, it shouldn't matter that they were high at some point in the last few weeks.

Now, if you, as an employer, just don't want to hire drug users .... fine. Just say that. Don't make up a bunch of fictitious arguments with no bearing in the realities of the day to day "blue collar" job sites. Also, if you, as an employee, don't want to work with dopers ... quit. Don't go crying about how they need to be fired because they prefer to take pills or smoke dope instead of getting loaded on their free time.
View Quote

I think drugs should all be legal.  However, when you sign on with us you sign on for the drug and contraband policy.  It is a document signed by all that work here.  Do not like it?  Work somewhere else.  Freedom is a two-way street.

Our safety record directly impacts us (bonuses) so it is not just an insurance/OSHA deal.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So you are Ok with your employees getting stoned, shooting up, snorting or popping pills a half hour before going to your job site?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a weird concept.
This
How about a few hits from the bottle?

It's about responsible use and personal time, vs. irresponsible use and personal time.

Comes in all flavors.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a weird concept.
This
What about that bottle of cough syrup I drank in the parking lot?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#38]
I have never been subjected to a drug test at any of the handful of jobs I have had in the past 4 decades.  But then, I have never had a job where anyone else's safety might depend on me being sober.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
k9s here aren't allowed to go into the same room as students, they can only search lockers in unoccupied hallways.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Hell, some companies don't allow employee use of tobacco products, at all, ever.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#41]
You mean San Jacinto day?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
k9s here aren't allowed to go into the same room as students, they can only search lockers in unoccupied hallways.  

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
The HS I went to in New Mexico the dog was in class with students.   Pulled lots of kids out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#44]
My work only tests pre employment and if someone gets hurt on the job. If I had to guess I'd say half the people there use drugs.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Our HR director joked that if she had to drug screen the office, we'd lose 85% of our talent. 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's usually insurance companies the pressure employers to do these tests.  That's why even if they legalize weed you still won't be able to use it and keep a good job at the same time.
View Quote
If it's legalized if the federal level they will be forced to apply the same standards as alcohol. Show up high or drunk they can fire you. Test an find trace amounts in your urinalysis but no signs of impairment. They can't do anything.

Several cases out of California and Colorado have already made their way into the federal courts.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#47]
If i gotta take a surprise piss test,your holding my dick for me while I do it.
What? You want my piss or not?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Joke's on you, you'll pop hot for the next 30 days.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think drugs should all be legal.  However, when you sign on with us you sign on for the drug and contraband policy.  It is a document signed by all that work here.  Do not like it?  Work somewhere else.  Freedom is a two-way street.

Our safety record directly impacts us (bonuses) so it is not just an insurance/OSHA deal.
View Quote
Do you feel the same about an employer banning legally carried firearms by Permit holders on property?

Specifically guns locked in cars, or do you just quietly ignore said policy like 95% of all gun owners do?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top