BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you feel the same about an employer banning legally carried firearms by Permit holders on property?

Specifically guns locked in cars, or do you just quietly ignore said policy like 95% of all gun owners do?
View Quote

I respect the rights of private property owners to do whatever they want with their private property.

If I do not like something they do I am free to go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Joke's on you, you'll pop hot for the next 30 days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jokes on you, I got high on the 19th instead! 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No thanks. I don't care what my employees do between 5:01PM and 7:59AM
View Quote
So if Malik blows a big fattie in the parking lot at 0750 its ok for him to come in and drive a fork lift, data entry, drive nails, diagnise HVAC issues or drive your company vehicles?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So if Malik blows a big fattie in the parking lot at 0750 its ok for him to come in and drive a fork lift, data entry, drive nails, diagnise HVAC issues or drive your company vehicles?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gee, I wonder if his work performance might suffer, which means Spartan would care, since it's within the hours he mentioned, and the guy might be cautioned that while Spartan doesn't care what he does in his off hours, if it affects his work he's risking his job 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My work only tests pre employment and if someone gets hurt on the job. If I had to guess I'd say half the people there use drugs.
View Quote
I'm generally against drug testing, I frankly think it doesn't work all that well, since the drugs I would be most concerned about employees using are gone in days unless you use pricey tests.  I think its extra pointless in work environments where people aren't actively doing dangerous things. 

I can see some logic in per-employement testing, in that anyone so stupid as to pop hot on a known test with weeks to prepare is probably too dumb to be an effective employee. 

Testing people that get hurt is obviously good if the injury is possibly related to intoxication.  Interestingly, in OH, we have some protections against doing that when the injury is not reasonably related to the possibility of drugs/alcohol.  I.E. if you drive a forklift off a dock=good test, if a light fixture falls off the ceiling in an office and clocks an employee sitting at their desk under it its probably not a good test.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
THC is fat soluble. It don't leave the body quickly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So if Malik downs a few beers in the parking lot at 0750 its ok for him to come in and drive a fork lift, data entry, drive nails, diagnise HVAC issues or drive your company vehicles?
View Quote
Slight edit for perspective, and thought...

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are a good boss
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hell, some companies don't allow employee use of tobacco products, at all, ever.
View Quote
If I had to guess I would say that helps them with their Heath Insurance rates.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
*WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH*
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Clean pee for sale! I got your clean pee right here! Get it while it's hot!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#12]
At certain mine sites we'd be given a random piss test AND a breathalyzer after walking through the mine gates.

You'd lose a handful of people every time they tested.....mostly for having alcohol on there breath. But, if you still have alcohol on your breath at 6:00 am I guess you have other issues.

I had a guy blow a 0.13 right in front of me...at 6:00 am....
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice timing,  just got my results back from a full metabolic blood test and urine test.  Dr's orders were to have it done at their facility or hospital and not at any other because it was going in for special testing, so he said.

No ethynol for 80hrs before test and no substance that wasn't supposed to be there.

Was a little worried because of second hand smoke though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wrong, not always the case. If he only smoked on that day i've seen guys pass in 10 days.  There are some variables there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
wrong, not always the case. If he only smoked on that day i've seen guys pass in 10 days.  There are some variables there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Take the chance , ride the lightening.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just responding to what people think it takes to pee clean.  It's been said 30 days and I know about the fat solulable  but it's not a FACT for a single use in all cases.  

I guess the guy took a chance and did it several times, but if you think because someone pissed clean they haven't smoked in the last month you have been FOOLED.  They had to have been a light user is all.   And as a supervisor I wasn't told to lightning anyone for a hot test.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I was shocked that Denver TV covered the mess left in the park after the big smoke.  Shocked they would be critical of the pot heads.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If i gotta take a surprise piss test,your holding my dick for me while I do it.
What? You want my piss or not?
View Quote
Your or you're?  Too late to lay off the pot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Gee, I wonder if his work performance might suffer, which means Spartan would care, since it's within the hours he mentioned, and the guy might be cautioned that while Spartan doesn't care what he does in his off hours, if it affects his work he's risking his job 
View Quote
Thats like, the reasonable way to think about it. When drug warriors and their supporters hear "drugs", they lose most of their critical thinking, because drugs.

I'm sure any hard core drug use by one of my employees would affect their work performance. They will then be fired for that poor performance. I don't need a fucking test to tell me how they perform.

If they can get away with doing drugs in their off time and still perform their job, I don't give a single flying fuck.

I wouldn't hire the "Malik" described above  anyway. My guys mostly sit at desks. Off the clock drug use DOES NOT mean being high at work, @Beach is just using a straw man to try and prove his point. Two separate issues entirely.

And for the record I don't believe pot would affect my employees abilities in thier job at all, so I don't give a fuck if they smoke a joint in their car at work. Don't bring it into the building.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just responding to what people think it takes to pee clean.  It's been said 30 days and I know about the fat solulable  but it's not a FACT for a single use in all cases.  

I guess the guy took a chance and did it several times, but if you think because someone pissed clean they haven't smoked in the last month you have been FOOLED.  They had to have been a light user is all.   And as a supervisor I wasn't told to lightning anyone for a hot test.
View Quote
Well,  .mil don't play around.  Lost a good sergeant because he went hot 2x.  Civ makes their own rules on what to save and what to cut. I've cut two techs on the civ side for this....all the others know and realize that it's my ass and my license on the line.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
k9s here aren't allowed to go into the same room as students, they can only search lockers in unoccupied hallways.  

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on how many HS students I see smoking weed just off school property, if they ever ran a K9 through the school they would probably have to suspend half the students.
k9s here aren't allowed to go into the same room as students, they can only search lockers in unoccupied hallways.  

Kharn
You should expand on your post and tell Arfcom about all the other wonderful things Brian Frosh is doing to make Maryland a "better" place.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top