Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/28/2001 2:34:26 PM EST
I'm buying my first handgun in a few weeks. My budget is limited, so while I want a Sig P229, I'm going to have to settle for something a little less expensive. I like revolvers alot, and was considering a used S&W 686 Plus w/ a 4 inch barrel. I figure if its used the money isn't going to S&W. So, am I in the clear?
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:36:25 PM EST
Yeah, you're OK. Good choice, btw. Norm
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:37:47 PM EST
I think you are in the clear as far as a boycott goes. You're also choosing a great handgun as well. I see no problem buying a used gun, as the proceeds don't benifit the maker in any way. Ross
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:39:29 PM EST
I currently own two S&W 686's, both 6" barrels. Nice revolvers. Still give excellent performance with the thousands of rounds that I have fired with them. OSA
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:44:50 PM EST
Since you asked first I won't chuck a brick at you. Why not save up for a few weeks and get what you want?
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 2:59:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By Oslow: Since you asked first I won't chuck a brick at you. Why not save up for a few weeks and get what you want?
View Quote
I'm a poor college student. I have many financial priorities this summer; I shouldn't even be buying another gun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:33:01 PM EST
Dude, Do it RIGHT the first time and get a Glock. That way, when you figure out that every thing else out there is a waste of time, you will not have to "relearn" the 2-stage trigger.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:41:07 PM EST
I agree with GeneStoner - if you haven't had the pleasure of firing a Glock - find someone who will let you try one out if you can. You will be impressed. If you are really set on a Sig P229 - you might be able to find a used one if you can be patient. I have always believe that an ideal carry piece should feel like a well used bar of soap in your hand - Glock fits that bill. Besides... ARs just aren't as concealable as Glocks.... sad but true. [sniper] The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 6:47:22 PM EST
That is a great revolver, lots of fun to shoot. Also for close to the same money you might be able to find a new or used CZ-75, EAA Witness semi-auto, or one of the used Browning Hi-Powers that AIM expects to have back in stock soon. I am a connisour of inexpensive quality handguns. GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:27:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By slt223:
Originally Posted By Oslow: Since you asked first I won't chuck a brick at you. Why not save up for a few weeks and get what you want?
View Quote
I'm a poor college student. I have many financial priorities this summer; I shouldn't even be buying another gun.
View Quote
Go for it!......everybody "needs" a good used revolver....one of my "cheapest" finds has turned into a really good looking and great shooting handgun (old mod 13 service gun)...the glock can be your next project.....[pistol]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 6:29:55 AM EST
I meant SIG.....no...cz....no.....awww, you know you REALLY want a 1911,right?....[heavy]
Top Top