Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2001 3:34:26 PM EDT
I'm buying my first handgun in a few weeks.  My budget is limited, so while I want a Sig P229, I'm going to have to settle for something a little less expensive.  I like revolvers alot, and was considering a used S&W 686 Plus w/ a 4 inch barrel.  I figure if its used the money isn't going to S&W. So, am I in the clear?
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, you're OK.  Good choice, btw.

Norm
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you are in the clear as far as a boycott goes.  You're also choosing a great handgun as well.  I see no problem buying a used gun, as the proceeds don't benifit the maker in any way.  

Ross
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I currently own two S&W 686's, both 6" barrels.  Nice revolvers.  Still give excellent performance with the thousands of rounds that I have fired with them.  

OSA
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Since you asked first I won't chuck a brick at you. Why not save up for a few weeks and get what you want?
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since you asked first I won't chuck a brick at you. Why not save up for a few weeks and get what you want?
View Quote

I'm a poor college student.  I have many financial priorities this summer; I shouldn't even be buying another gun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude,

Do it RIGHT the first time and get a Glock.  

That way, when you figure out that every thing else out there is a waste of time, you will not have to "relearn" the 2-stage trigger.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with GeneStoner - if you haven't had the pleasure of firing a Glock - find someone who will let you try one out if you can.  You will be impressed.

If you are really set on a Sig P229 - you might be able to find a used one if you can be patient.

I have always believe that an ideal carry piece should feel like a well used bar of soap in your hand - Glock fits that bill.

Besides... ARs just aren't as concealable as Glocks.... sad but true.

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a great revolver, lots of fun to shoot.  Also for close to the same money you might be able to find a new or used CZ-75, EAA Witness semi-auto, or one of the used Browning Hi-Powers that AIM expects to have back in stock soon.  I am a connisour of inexpensive quality handguns.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm a poor college student.  I have many financial priorities this summer; I shouldn't even be buying another gun.
View Quote
                                            Go for it!......everybody "needs" a good used revolver....one of my "cheapest" finds has turned into a really good looking and great shooting handgun (old mod 13 service gun)...the glock can be your next project.....[pistol]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I meant SIG.....no...cz....no.....awww, you know you REALLY want a 1911,right?....[heavy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top