Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/10/2017 12:20:48 AM EDT
I know it's the holidays, isn't there a daily time limit for them?

I just saw him shotput my amazon package just now from my Ring video Doorbell
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had this happen may times before it is quite humorous, but then you start to feel bad for the guy after it happens for several weeks straight.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#2]
The later they stay out, the more backed up they are.

Approaching midnight = completely screwed.

My guess is the Amazon contract will be shifting to another carrier in the future.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had this happen may times before it is quite humorous, but then you start to feel bad for the guy after it happens for several weeks straight.
View Quote
i can feel no sympathy for a postal employee

lazy sob's

the bitch at the local post office cant even say hello to me and i go in 4 times a week, and then she looks at me like im bothering her

then they bust at least 2 boxes a month and its like an act of congress to get them to pay the insurance claim.... i have had boxes delivered to the wrong address

and after all they they raise postage?!?!?!?!?!

what the fuck

ups and fedex arent any better
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#4]
A few inches of snow and brown dont go in my area

I want my damn Magpul SGA stock

Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#5]
USPS dropped off an AR barrel for me at 7:30 today. I thought that a bit odd, but 11:00 is really odd.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:38:49 AM EDT
[#6]
USPS after dark.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Must be common this time of year. I've seen them out past 2200 still delivering packages.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I got stuck out late one night during the summer due to vehicle issues. Got done at 9. I was waiting for people to release the hounds on me at every house I walked up to.

11 oclock is just insane. I'm required to be off the clock at 14 hours and no more then 70 a week. But I think it's different for usps then fedex/ups due to DOT vehicle restrictions. I haven't been out past 7:30 this holiday season yet. *knocks on wood*
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish I still don't have my MBT.

Surepost ups handed it over to USPS on the 30th.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:11:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The later they stay out, the more backed up they are.

Approaching midnight = completely screwed.

My guess is the Amazon contract will be shifting to another carrier in the future.
View Quote
Probably a big reason why Amazon has their own people in some areas.  UPS has delivered one package out of the last 25 orders I have placed, Amazon delivered the other 24.

USPS used to deliver my Sunday deliveries and some in the week, but that's gone.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#11]
They are running 2 shifts here .Packages in mornings and mail in afternoons
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:16:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Dropped package off at normal time today.

Forgot to deliver other package.

Delivered it around 8:40pm.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#13]
They just pulled off some fuckery here---Guranteed delivery by 800 PM, then suddenly the tracking info says "Available for pickup" when no slip was left.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:31:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Locally, not sure about elsewhere, FedEx and UPS are refusing Amazon packages. They are several weeks behind.
All amazon parcels go to USPS here so carriers start at 0400 and work till their routes are done, in some cases past midnight.

Sure sound like lazy SOBs eh?

Contractually they are limited to 12 hours per day/60 hours per week as a full time regular, but this time of year it kinda goes out the window when penalty overtime goes away.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#15]
USPS probably downsized shipping capacity to get costs more inline with revenues.  Now with the sharp increase in online orders the only short term recourse is to expand working hours.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#16]
They just mark ours as "notice left, delivery attempt made"

And then it shows up the next day.  Fuck ups and usps with their SmartPost bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#17]
USPS must have a fleet of Deloreans now, I got a delivery notification at 5:30 PM that USPS delivered my package at 7PM.

And it was nowhere to be found
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Ups truck “dropped” a package from the truck and then came back around and ran over it.

All this happened in front of my wife while she was waiting in line at ups for the second day in a row.

I have had no issues with usps.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Locally, not sure about elsewhere, FedEx and UPS are refusing Amazon packages. They are several weeks behind.
All amazon parcels go to USPS here so carriers start at 0400 and work till their routes are done, in some cases past midnight.
View Quote
Fedex probably makes more money flying Amazon packages that they do delivering them. They make billions transporting them for the USPS on existing flights, and it's been that way for a long time.

This is what happens when you want run an air shipment operation long term without owning any airplanes.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/money/2017/02/23/fedex-usps-extend-air-express-contract-through-2024/98313700/
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you want the package or not?

There's about 15 billion other mail items that need delivering for the holiday season, do you really want to go to the back of the line?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There's about 15 billion other mail items that need delivering for the holiday season, do you really want to go to the back of the line?
View Quote
At that time?  No.  There is a lot of expensive shit being delivered this time of year.  Laptops, cameras, tablets, TVs and a lot of gun related stuff.  Expensive stuff.  I want it delivered at normal hour where I can bring it inside in a reasonable amount of time.  I do not want it sitting out there all fucking night because it got delivered after I went to bed.  Don't tell me to request a signature either, they don't care and just drop that shit off anyway.

Last year I got a camera just short of $1000 stolen off my back porch because while delivery said it would be there before 5pm, it was still "out on the truck" at 10pm when I went to bed because I had to be up at 3am to catch a flight for my vacation the next day. It was "delivered" that night but never seen again.

This year I had a $2000 computer delivered with signature required, water cooled gaming tower, big honking box.  No door bell, no knock, no call, no note, nothing.  Just found it sitting out there with the top of the box OPENED in the dark.  Called them, they said it was like that when they put it on the truck and they were running late...

It is not my fault if they can't keep up with demand and follow their own policy.  They charge me the same and break their own rules whenever it suits them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#23]
They assaulted my medication package. Opened it to find a box flattened and the contents spread out in the container.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I got a package from them yesterday at 7am. They are definitely working hard around here.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
At that time?  No.  There is a lot of expensive shit being delivered this time of year.  Laptops, cameras, tablets, TVs and a lot of gun related stuff.  Expensive stuff.  I want it delivered at normal hour where I can bring it inside in a reasonable amount of time.  I do not want it sitting out there all fucking night because it got delivered after I went to bed.  Don't tell me to request a signature either, they don't care and just drop that shit off anyway.

Last year I got a camera just short of $1000 stolen off my back porch because while delivery said it would be there before 5pm, it was still "out on the truck" at 10pm when I went to bed because I had to be up at 3am to catch a flight for my vacation the next day. It was "delivered" that night but never seen again.

This year I had a $2000 computer delivered with signature required, water cooled gaming tower, big honking box.  No door bell, no knock, no call, no note, nothing.  Just found it sitting out there with the top of the box OPENED in the dark.  Called them, they said it was like that when they put it on the truck and they were running late...

It is not my fault if they can't keep up with demand and follow their own policy.  They charge me the same and break their own rules whenever it suits them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you order it and care about it then get your ass out of bed and bring it in the house or let it be stolen and you lose.

You can start a social program where you order stuff and you donate it to people who stay up at night.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you order it and care about it then get your ass out of bed and bring it in the house or let it be stolen and you lose.

You can start a social program where you order stuff and you donate it to people who stay up at night.
View Quote
Or when they say it will be delivered between hours x and y when they take my fucking money, it could be delivered between hours x and y like they said they would when the took my fucking money.

In addition if I request a signature to be delivered which is a service they offer, they could require a signature instead of dropping it off anyway because fuck the agreement they made?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

saw one dropping off packages in my neighbors driveway at 6:10am on Friday.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Or when they say it will be delivered between hours x and y when they take my fucking money, it could be delivered between hours x and y like they said they would when the took my fucking money.

In addition if I request a signature to be delivered which is a service they offer, they could require a signature instead of dropping it off anyway because fuck the agreement they made?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has got to be your first Christmas or maybe the first time you've shipped anything if you think that the folks taking your money know the delivery times along every route and that the delivery people will take time for all the signature stuff during the busiest time of the year.
You don't like it but they make the rules this time of the year and you are lucky if it gets to your house and doesn't get stolen so just stay in bed and leave it outside overnight and in the end you may get a refund for the signature service you didn't get.
Sounds like a good deal to me.  
You choose poorly and you pay the price - that's life.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

if you think that the folks taking your money know the delivery times along every route and that the delivery people will take time for all the signature stuff during the busiest time of the year.

and you are lucky if it gets to your house
View Quote
Remind me to never do business with you.

Let me know how it works out the next time you have a doctors appointment at 5pm and they tell you they are busy so you are going to have to sit there for 5 hours, or your internet slows to a crawl every night at 7pm and your ISP tells you this is peek time, you are lucky it works at all and this is your fault.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I just had a package delivered by USPS,I commented to the carrier "they have you working Sunday" Carrier said "Christmas Hours"
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're tired of listening to GD bitch about not getting their mail.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Must be common this time of year. I've seen them out past 2200 still delivering packages.
View Quote
The federally mandated overtime will triple their annual salary.  I would soak up all the OT they let me get away with for that kind of coin.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif Remind me to never do business with you.

Let me know how it works out the next time you have a doctors appointment at 5pm and they tell you they are busy so you are going to have to sit there for 5 hours, or your internet slows to a crawl every night at 7pm and your ISP tells you this is peek time, you are lucky it works at all and this is your fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you think that the folks taking your money know the delivery times along every route and that the delivery people will take time for all the signature stuff during the busiest time of the year.

and you are lucky if it gets to your house
https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif Remind me to never do business with you.

Warning: Don't do business with me.  I deal with reality NOT hopes and dreams.

You might want all that other stuff to happen but it won't.  
Again deal with reality.
You order stuff during the "shipping hell" time of year and expect snowflake service.
Not going to happen, but good luck waiting on it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Warning: Don't do business with me.  I deal with reality NOT hopes and dreams.

You might want all that other stuff to happen but it won't.  
Again deal with reality.
You order stuff during the "shipping hell" time of year and expect snowflake service.
Not going to happen, but good luck waiting on it.
View Quote
Contracts, terms and conditions, are not "hopes and dreams".  They are contracts, that's literally why we have them.  I didn't call up USPS and demand that something be delivered by a certain time or date.  They told me if I give them enough money they would deliver the box by a certain time or date. I didn't call them up and say I want you to treat me special and only deliver this if I sign for it. They offered that as a service to me on their own accord.

I simply agreed to the contract and fulfilled my requirements, they then failed to fulfill their own contract. The options on their site for service don't have a radio button to select for requiring a signature "unless it's Christmas time and we are busy that day".

I don't expect "snowflake" service.  I do expect services rendered per said contract that was agreed upon by both parties.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#35]
UPS brought a package by my house the other day at like 10:00
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I just got my Olight at fucken 10:19 last night. Was setting coffee for this morning and here the doorbell ring and I just kinda tilt my head like
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#37]
USPS is awesome. UPS on the other hand can suck it. They've had my package for over a week and it's still on the East side of the States.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't expect "snowflake" service.  I do expect services rendered per said contract that was agreed upon by both parties.
View Quote
Not going to happen this time of year but like I said Good Luck waiting on it.

Try waiving your "contract" around in their office to get their attention as you complain to them.

They might have forgotten all about it.

I'm sure it will help.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not going to happen this time of year but like I said Good Luck waiting on it.

Try waiving your "contract" around in their office to get their attention as you complain to them.

They might have forgotten all about it.

I'm sure it will help.
View Quote
Simply because something happens often enough that it's begrudgingly accepted or insignificant enough that it isn't worth the legal cost of doing something about doesn't make it correct or good business. You seem to be ok with it and that is fine.  This doesn't make it correct however or any complaint about it not justifiable.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Went to back out of my driveway last week at 5am.  Had a tough time getting out due to a double parked USPS truck in front of my house.  I looked around and saw a flashlight and a santa hat walking around across the street.  I thought maybe someone was looking for a lost package. Sounds like it was just a normal (for the time of year) Amazon delivery.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I assume they need to head back to reload at the post office since their little truck fills up easily from all the Christmas packages and that slows them down.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Fucking union keeping me home today, otherwise I'd be working every Sunday this month, but union gonna union.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Contracts, terms and conditions, are not "hopes and dreams".  They are contracts, that's literally why we have them.  I didn't call up USPS and demand that something be delivered by a certain time or date.  They told me if I give them enough money they would deliver the box by a certain time or date. I didn't call them up and say I want you to treat me special and only deliver this if I sign for it. They offered that as a service to me on their own accord.

I simply agreed to the contract and fulfilled my requirements, they then failed to fulfill their own contract. The options on their site for service don't have a radio button to select for requiring a signature "unless it's Christmas time and we are busy that day".

View Quote
You should actually read the terms and conditions.  It doesn't say what you think it says.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You should actually read the terms and conditions.  It doesn't say what you think it says.
View Quote
I will believe you.  I am sure it has a million "outs" they paid 87 lawyers to think up and cover in .5 font.  I just want my stuff delivered on time and unopened for my money.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Arfcom- All day I been waiting and USPS/FedEx/UPS hasn’t delivered muh package

Arfcom- All day I been waiting and USPS/FedEx/UPS finally delivered muh package

Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the dumbest fucking shit I've ever read.  Get your sorry ass out of bed and get your package.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#47]
We got mail after 1800hrs last night.  Now the roads were fairly covered in snow too and I can't imagine having too much success with 2wd vehicles going about.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This is the dumbest fucking shit I've ever read.  Get your sorry ass out of bed and get your package.
View Quote
I had no idea the package was delivered.  Half the time tracking says "out for delivery" and it never shows up. Then shows as "out for delivery" the next morning again after tracking claimed it was returned to the distribution center. In this case no doorbell was rang, no-one required a signature even though the delivery said a signature was required, it was just sat on my door step at some point that night.

I have had tracking show "delivered", go check, nothing there.  Four hours later it shows as delivery failed and will try again tomorrow, I was here all fucking day, no one knocked or rang my door bell, there was no note on the door saying delivery had been attempted.

My crystal ball must been broken. Can I borrow yours? Do you want to sit on my door step and wait to see if shows up?  That would be awesome because they sure as hell don't tell you or require a signature like it says the delivery will require.

They either claim a delivery was attempted and failed with no indication that this actually occurred or they deliver the fucking thing which clearly states a signature is required with no signature and just drop the package and run.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
post video
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#50]
From now until after Christmas is their busy season.

They are expecting to deliver 15 billion pieces of mail and packages during that time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top