Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Let's say hypothetically you were an organization that was going to pay people to post a certain political agenda to create influence on the internet. Which would be a better use of your resources?

A) Popular social media platforms like facebook and twitter with a diverse mix of people of all views and backgrounds

B) A relatively small specialized forum of gun enthusiasts who lean heavily right that is likely a lost cause of changing anyone's opinions
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:45:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Maybe.... because  you   keep   asking.  for   free   shit.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let's say hypothetically you were an organization that was going to pay people to post a certain political agenda to create influence on the internet. Which would be a better use of your resources?

A) Popular social media platforms like facebook and twitter with a diverse mix of people of all views and backgrounds

B) A relatively small specialized forum of gun enthusiasts who lean heavily right that is likely a lost cause of changing anyone's opinions
View Quote

Both

I notice the leftist trolls rarely, if ever, participate in the various lighthearted discussions here but focus on the political stuff.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Here I am posting for free.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Man, I've had a thousand accounts across a thousand different websites over the past 25 years. Some to expand my knowledge on a particular subject, some to actually participate in the community, and some just for the shitposting. Ohhh, the shitposting...
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:12:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:16:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I could use some extra income. Any idea how much it pays?

View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:21:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What happened to that guy that said he would close his account if Trump debated biden?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What happened to that guy that said he would close his account if Trump debated biden?

You know, I thought about that guy when I heard the first debate was happening. Don't remember the name or key phrases in the thread title to find it.

ETA:

Quoted:

He caught a ban.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#10]
i like the conservative group think here. don't need to be arguing every minute of the day. sometimes its nice to relax with fairly like minded people.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:30:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I would be willing to post more or less if someone offered me some cash.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#12]
It is only a few members alter ego or banned members that are the trolls. I seriously doubt theres a big troll operation paying shills to post.

There are certain topics that bring them in and when 1 comes and posts magically other trolls posts follow. It is the same person using multiple log ins.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You lost me at “I’m an ally”. I’ve never once heard anyone other than a leftist use that word to try to ingratiate themselves to a group. Never seen you before but that’s my 2 second take.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fuckin' kidding. I vote straight R every election, mainly for gun rights, but I do have a few opinions that are slightly left of what the GD groupthink wants to see.

You should see how I'm treated here.

Last thread I participated in, I had a guy saying that he wished my wife would be orally raped. That's suuuuuper against the CoC. It was a nice descriptive comment about having a stranger's ballsack on my wife's chin. A moderator was in the fucking thread and looked the other way when I pointed it out, and I had to literally call him out and ask him to condemn the guy's comments. I still never saw any followup e.g. the guy's comment being edited out.

And again, I'm a fucking ally--I voted straight R and I've posted as much on this site (and also been called a liar on that ).

GD is an interesting place.

ETA: I just went back to that thread to fact-check myself and I saw that a Site Staff had in fact stepped in the following day and taken action on that guy's post, for the record.

You lost me at “I’m an ally”. I’ve never once heard anyone other than a leftist use that word to try to ingratiate themselves to a group. Never seen you before but that’s my 2 second take.

There are thousands of members and you have been here a short time. Of course you have not seen him before. Takes a while.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I get called a leftist troll. I am new and I guess I don’t contribute to groupthink. Therefore troll.
View Quote

“I don’t contribute to groupthink”

Uh huh. For people who’ve seen a leftist a time or two, THAT sentence is like a neon sign saying “I’m a leftist troll”

Ymmv
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:07:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Slow your roll, Mech is my mentor on the slinging of BS...
In all serious BS, Mech is a serious BS guy..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume that's what happens to most of the known members who get banned like Mr Smiley or DeathHates.

Dkprof or Aimless get tired of their shit and use some of that fancy Euro money or Personal Injury payouts, write a nominal check and the posters exit stage left to drink Margaritas at TGIF for a couple days.

Slow your roll, Mech is my mentor on the slinging of BS...
In all serious BS, Mech is a serious BS guy..

Uh....... thanks, I think.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Newbies get razzed.  It's a test to determine the thickness of your skin.  If you whine, then you will be fucked with.

Thanks,

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck that dmx9900 is a bigger troll than any 20er I've seen.

Is trolling not fishing for reactions?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There also appears to be a big chunk of GD that seems unable to:

1. Separate political views from party affiliations

2. Comprehend that there may be fellow gun owners who don't see eye to eye on all political issues, and anyone who doesn't agree is a leftist/communist troll

I generally stay the hell out of GD for that reason, but sometimes I cant help myself
View Quote
j
Theres the rub.  I've said this before.

GD,   I ain't no sheep, I'm my own man.

Also GD, holy shit, you see that guy over there, hes getting out of line, bury him!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You have Gay on the Brain.

Step out of the closet and embrace it.

Nobody cares.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Voted Gay Troll

Quoted:

Voted Biggest Gay Troll

You have Gay on the Brain.

Step out of the closet and embrace it.

Nobody cares.

He really does, I've tried not to say anything but if I see his avatar I know there is at least a 50% chance the word dick or anus is in there.

Nothing wrong with the gays, they'll have a cure one day.  (Joke, I know theres no cure)(( also joke, i dont care and GD has been real gay this weekend so dont ban me))
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I get called a leftist troll. I am new and I guess I don’t contribute to groupthink. Therefore troll.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:29:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This place costs me money
View Quote

It will biggly. Should have been here during the salad days.
#ALLTHELUMENS
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I get called a leftist troll. I am new and I guess I don't contribute to groupthink. Therefore troll.
View Quote
BS basically no one agrees about anything here.

You must have done something that really stood out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The harassment of new guys is going to result in some bans if this constant trolling of them continues.
View Quote

Should I rate this as a troll thread?

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:58:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Newbies get razzed.  It's a test to determine the thickness of your skin.  If you whine, then you will be fucked with.

Thanks,

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137980/image_jpeg-886440_JPG-1630334.JPG

In that meme I always wondered why the two women are laughing at the other woman.........is it because the victim is 10,000 times hotter than the two pricks?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Where do I apply? Could use the extra income for ammo!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:20:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I can get paid to shitpost?!
View Quote
Soros checks are cut every Friday.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You_don’t_say
View Quote

What happened to them?
I don't see them around anymore
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What happened to them?
I don't see them around anymore
View Quote
Probably came up with a new way to identify each other...
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In that meme I always wondered why the two women are laughing at the other woman.........is it because the victim is 10,000 times hotter than the two pricks?
View Quote

I wonder if Chris Hansen is going to be sitting in my kitchen next time I go in there because I noticed that all three of them have nice tits.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#30]
By gawd we don't need no new members around this here place.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:33:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As we saw today in Denver and before in Portland and other liberal shitholes, the communists not only own guns but some know how to use them and are probably getting a lot of their info on gear from this site.
Before I even lurked here google would bring me here for answers to my gun related questions. I’m sure they’ve had the same questions
View Quote

The Communists are getting trained on weapons.  

Most "gun nuts" need training.  You don't realize how ignorant you are until you take your first class.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Where do I sign up to get paid to shitpost?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

How much were you paid to post that?
Is it pay per post or is it a quota of posts you have to meet per day?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe it's based off of how many ignore lists they make it onto?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Kinda sucks being in the 2020 group because I might be a troll or some guy that just now decided to get an AR. I almost held off till next year. Has to be more then just me that creates a account here because they could no longer take the fudd shit from other gun based forums. Today’s politics changed things and it even divided right wing folks. You had the half that falls in line with whatever the R’s tell them and half that believe in freedom and the Constitution/ Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They come in pairs and groups to cause a ruckus and disappear for a few days come back rinse and repeat and they all post similar sentiment of Biden winning and that Trump is a gun grabber so they won't vote for him. I believe they are getting paid by a left wing organization to post this crap to spread lies and left wing propaganda to cause disruptions here. You will see them play victim when they are questioned on it and say the same fake excuse "you just want me banned for not agreeing with you" or "you just want this place to be a hive mind not allowing anyone to criticize your God Trump". Dont fall for their deflecting and fake excuses interrogate them till they get green in the face.

View Quote

I never thought they were paid until the left media started calling everyone paid Russian trolls and paid Russian bots.  Thats when I realized the left was paying for trolls and bots to push their agenda. Before that the language was different, different opinions were just "racists and idiots" to them. Why the sudden change in their mind that the opposition is paid? What public facts do they know that we dont?  The answer is their own experience. The left had began outsourcing outrage
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I never thought they were paid until the left media started calling everyone paid Russian trolls and paid Russian bots.  Thats when I realized the left was paying for trolls and bots to push their agenda. Before that the language was different, different opinions were just "racists and idiots" to them. Why the sudden change in their mind that the opposition is paid? What public facts do they know that we dont?  The answer is their own experience. The left had began outsourcing outrage
View Quote

Good point, because if there's a single consistent thing with the left in this country, it's projection of their sins onto their opponents.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good day sir, I have no desire to get into an internet quarrel.

I will no longer be compensated for posting in your threads, deemed waste of revolution resources.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The harassment of new guys is going to result in some bans if this constant trolling of them continues.
View Quote

Its the same as its always been, and its fine to stay that way IMO
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They come in pairs and groups to cause a ruckus and disappear for a few days come back rinse and repeat and they all post similar sentiment of Biden winning and that Trump is a gun grabber so they won't vote for him. I believe they are getting paid by a left wing organization to post this crap to spread lies and left wing propaganda to cause disruptions here. You will see them play victim when they are questioned on it and say the same fake excuse "you just want me banned for not agreeing with you" or "you just want this place to be a hive mind not allowing anyone to criticize your God Trump". Dont fall for their deflecting and fake excuses interrogate them till they get green in the face.

View Quote

How do I get paid to troll, lol.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Kinda sucks being in the 2020 group because I might be a troll or some guy that just now decided to get an AR. I almost held off till next year. Has to be more then just me that creates a account here because they could no longer take the fudd shit from other gun based forums. Today’s politics changed things and it even divided right wing folks. You had the half that falls in line with whatever the R’s tell them and half that believe in freedom and the Constitution/ Bill of Rights.
View Quote

Welcome to Arf. Just ignore the join date/post count BS and continue to post what you want to post. GD is gonna dick with everybody about something at some point, so don't let it bother you and don't let them run you off. In any case, your biggest problem isn't that you're new, it's that you're a fucking yankee from Ohio.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You lost me at "I'm an ally". I've never once heard anyone other than a leftist use that word to try to ingratiate themselves to a group. Never seen you before but that's my 2 second take.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No fuckin' kidding. I vote straight R every election, mainly for gun rights, but I do have a few opinions that are slightly left of what the GD groupthink wants to see.

You should see how I'm treated here.

Last thread I participated in, I had a guy saying that he wished my wife would be orally raped. That's suuuuuper against the CoC. It was a nice descriptive comment about having a stranger's ballsack on my wife's chin. A moderator was in the fucking thread and looked the other way when I pointed it out, and I had to literally call him out and ask him to condemn the guy's comments. I still never saw any followup e.g. the guy's comment being edited out.

And again, I'm a fucking ally--I voted straight R and I've posted as much on this site (and also been called a liar on that ).

GD is an interesting place.

ETA: I just went back to that thread to fact-check myself and I saw that a Site Staff had in fact stepped in the following day and taken action on that guy's post, for the record.

You lost me at "I'm an ally". I've never once heard anyone other than a leftist use that word to try to ingratiate themselves to a group. Never seen you before but that's my 2 second take.

Add that to fact that you were butthurt someone said bad things that hurt your feels, and they didn't get their peepee slapped for it. You should ask to
speak to the manager!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What can I say election time pays very well
View Quote

You wish you got paid

ETA:
These days if the post seems like a troll or a N_T I look at the user name and almost always see a really old account, but sometimes newer with a name123 type username. Thankfully whoever sets these things up is too daft to realize patterns make things easier to recognize.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#45]
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#46]
There's one guy here I'm convinced is some kind of propagandist.

Rarely participates in threads (even his own), only posts the most inflammatory articles towards the right, constantly.

No EE feedback.

I can almost guess his threads based on the headline.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I get called a leftist troll. I am new and I guess I don't contribute to groupthink. Therefore troll.
View Quote
Well this is a conservative gun forum, are you of conservative groupthink and pro gun groupthink?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing new. No way I was joining into the shit storm that was 2016, so I waited. It's good to read for a while and not join and start posting threads like I am paid by the thread or something.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Forgot your underscore.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top