Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/12/2002 7:25:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/12/2002 8:06:38 AM EST by Armed_Scientist]
Hi all, I'm new to the Ohio and am not totally familiar with all the streets yet, so last night coming home I didn't notice a stop light and went throught it. A police officer saw me and pulled me over. (this is not a cop bashing thread, the officer was very polite, and I did do something wrong) I got a ticket for this, my question is will I lose my ablitity to own firearms for running a red light? Logically I wouldn't think so but I'm not sure, so for any legal experts out there I would really like to know.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:37:16 AM EST
Is it a Felony, or one of those Domestic Violence Misdemeanors?? Nope, you're safe for the moment.. :)
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:53:17 AM EST
Not today, but they will make it retroactive and 'send' for your guns in about 10 years.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:08:18 AM EST
No, you don't live in Maryland, where the Attorney General wants anyone with [i]any[/i] "criminal" history to be banned from owning a firearm. And, it appears, he wants to make owning a firearm a crime.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:08:57 AM EST
Fight it!. The first ticket is the first step towards being charged as a continous offender. "and I did do something wrong". Get a grip, who says you did something wrong? How do you know THEY didn't do something wrong? Challenge authority. It'll also save you on increased insurance premiums.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:46:26 AM EST
It sounds as though you arent old enough to even own a gun if you have to ask that question.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:50:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/12/2002 8:52:05 AM EST by GlockBoy]
Originally Posted By Armed_Scientist: I got a ticket for this, my question is will I lose my ablitity to own firearms for running a red light? Logically I wouldn't think so but I'm not sure, so for any legal experts out there I would really like to know.
View Quote
Yes you lose them, Please send them to me asap. I'll email my address.
Top Top